Rangers Picture Thread

On 16/08/2018 at 04:26, Callum_Doon said:

Is this what I think it is...?

images (34).jpeg

Yes and I still have my ticket.  I wish I had kept many of the other tickets and programmes which I had from the past.    Having said that I love seeing the old programmes and tickets on here.  I gave a lot away to a youngster in East Kilbride years ago because his disability meant he would never get to such occasions.  It was a good cause then and when I think about it now I shouldn't have any regrets.  He loved the stuff so good job done.

1 minute ago, JCDBigBear said:

Yes and I still have my ticket.  I wish I had kept many of the other tickets and programmes which I had from the past.    Having said that I love seeing the old programmes and tickets on here.  I gave a lot away to a youngster in East Kilbride years ago because his disability meant he would never get to such occasions.  It was a good cause then and when I think about it now I shouldn't have any regrets.  He loved the stuff so good job done.

A man after my own heart, Sir.

This whole thread is one of the best things to have happened over the last 6 or so years.  We have endured such a lot since the Killie 5 - 1 game.   After that we all know the problems, trials, tribulations, etc.  Times which put many of us to the test.  Times where it would have been easier to walk away.  Times when it may have looked as if we could never get back to our rightful position.  Times when almost every person in authority in Scottish football seemed to try to kill our Club.  We all struggled through and then this thread began and if some of the content doesn't make the hairs on the back of your head stand up, if it doesn't bring a lump to your throat, if it doesn't bring a tear to your eye, if it doesn't make your chest broader and your heart beat faster, then you are no Rangers fan.

Just now, Callum_Doon said:

We were just taking about that very thing recently - what was your low point during the 'dark days'...

I don't think I could pick a single point in time.  I was too busy trying to help save the Rangers in any and every way possible.  Just trying to do my bit to be honest.   Just me and the thousands of other Rangers fans.   I can tell you that when the team ran out at Ibrox on the first home game after admin etc (East Fife at home I think) tears ran down my face.   There have been some truly awful results and performances but I still love this Club.  My mum's family are all from Govan and all are / were Rangers fans.  It wasn't shoved down my throat or anything, it was just a part of the family thing. I was raised in the east end of Glasgow (Sandyhills so nowhere near the Meccanodome thankfully).  I could sing Rangers songs from about 4 years old.  My dad wasn't a football man but my neighbours took me to Ibrox when I was maybe about 8 years old.  I loved that and just wish I could thank them properly today.  Harry Daniels, John Rutherford and Bob McVey.. I salute you gents.

24 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

This whole thread is one of the best things to have happened over the last 6 or so years.  We have endured such a lot since the Killie 5 - 1 game.   After that we all know the problems, trials, tribulations, etc.  Times which put many of us to the test.  Times where it would have been easier to walk away.  Times when it may have looked as if we could never get back to our rightful position.  Times when almost every person in authority in Scottish football seemed to try to kill our Club.  We all struggled through and then this thread began and if some of the content doesn't make the hairs on the back of your head stand up, if it doesn't bring a lump to your throat, if it doesn't bring a tear to your eye, if it doesn't make your chest broader and your heart beat faster, then you are no Rangers fan.

I am so much the proverbial 'Jonny Come Lately' to this thread and never lose sight of that..

2 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

...I can tell you that when the team ran out at Ibrox on the first home game after admin etc (East Fife at home I think) tears ran down my face...

Right... all this duly acknowledged.... maybe some proverbial 'light at the end of the tunne'l beckons?

...OK... that 7-0 defeat in second leg against Maribor was unexpected and disappointing...

...hang on a minute though...