Lost ticket

Essandoh

2 hours ago, Essandoh said:

Aye I've just messaged him this just now.

It does seem bizarre that they don't reprint tickets. There's only one seat per ticket. It's not as if you could sell one, then get that ticket reprinted to sit in the same seat. As others have said, you can do it by barcode etc for gigs and even games in Europe. Scotland behind with the times? Shock horror.

To be fair thats probably what would happen. :lol: 

Give yours to a mate, reprint and then just stand together. 

500k in the Rangers end. 

4 hours ago, Essandoh said:

A friend of mine has managed to lose his ticket for Sunday because he's a big fanny. The email he received states that the SPFL do not reprint tickets.

Has he got any chance of getting another one?

I've told him to phone Rangers and explain. Thought I'd stick this on here, see if anyone's been in a similar situation.

Was it posted because he could say it's not been received? 

14 hours ago, With Heart and Hand said:

it is a joke that they don't reprint.

you can go to a gig and get in with a barcode on your phone, you can get on a plane with a ticket printed on a shitty home printer, why can the shitey SFA reprint or allow fans to print their own ticket 

I said when we played Parma and the new smart cards were not long out that we should computerise the turnstyles, no more ticket office required as you could open one of the stands weekdays and fans once they went through the turnstyle could get a coffee and the queues would disappear, imagine we had to sell 30,000 tickets in 2 days just open up,the Broomloan , Copland and Govan stands as they would all be linked up and when a seat is sold in the Govan for say the broomloan stand then that ticket is gone and can't be resold even by the broomloan stand  

Was fed up waiting hours for tickets in pishing   rain yet the Parma game the opened up the Govan stand and you were in and out. When we qualified we got Bayern, psv and Valencia and I got to Ibrox by 10 that morning the tickets went on sale and I got in at 6.30 that night, Was the side of edminston house then behind the Copland,

We were so far ahead with the smart card I thought this would be the next step.  If you lost your ticket they just cancelled the  barcode and reprint one with a new barcode.

1 hour ago, Copland bear said:

I said when we played Parma and the new smart cards were not long out that we should computerise the turnstyles, no more ticket office required as you could open one of the stands weekdays and fans once they went through the turnstyle could get a coffee and the queues would disappear, imagine we had to sell 30,000 tickets in 2 days just open up,the Broomloan , Copland and Govan stands as they would all be linked up and when a seat is sold in the Govan for say the broomloan stand then that ticket is gone and can't be resold even by the broomloan stand  

Was fed up waiting hours for tickets in pishing   rain yet the Parma game the opened up the Govan stand and you were in and out. When we qualified we got Bayern, psv and Valencia and I got to Ibrox by 10 that morning the tickets went on sale and I got in at 6.30 that night, Was the side of edminston house then behind the Copland,

We were so far ahead with the smart card I thought this would be the next step.  If you lost your ticket they just cancelled the  barcode and reprint one with a new barcode.

:tu:

the technology is hardly new these days, surely it wouldn't cost an arm and a leg to have every ground in the SPL to be fitted with smart card technology. if the tehnology was in place you could buy an away ticket from Rangers or a Cup ticket for Hampden all it would take it to put a code into a computer and use your Ibrox smart card to get in, would safe a fortune on ticketing and staffing of ticket offices etc. I can't imagine this would cost a lot. Nearly every office has the technology now.

I honestly think this is just the SFA trying to make a profit when they could make things much easier for everyone 

15 hours ago, Essandoh said:

Aye I've just messaged him this just now.

It does seem bizarre that they don't reprint tickets. There's only one seat per ticket. It's not as if you could sell one, then get that ticket reprinted to sit in the same seat. As others have said, you can do it by barcode etc for gigs and even games in Europe. Scotland behind with the times? Shock horror.

Fuck all to do with this thread, but it reminds me of the time in the late 1980's when  I took my wife and 3 of my mates to watch a one day cricket semi final match at the Sydney Cricket Ground between New Zealand and the West Indies. We were sat mid-wicket in the Bill O'Reilly stand (which was sold out) when a lot of people appeared claiming that we and those around us were in their seats.We showed them our tickets we had actually bought at the gate but as we were doing so more people appeared with tickets in their hand claiming the same thing. Finally things got so much out of control the Police appeared and threatened to throw them all out...It was like a fucking Monty Python sketch.

Then as the Umpires threatened to stop the game, the stadium announcer told everybody with a ticket but no seat that they could move to the Don Bradman stand where there was plenty of seats available.

At that, my big Aussie mate yelled out so loud the entire stadium heard him......"Yea! Ya bunch of thieving bastards, no wonder that fucking stand has plenty seats... you've sold these fucking seats 10 times already :lol:

Perhaps your mate might be put in another stand. :pipe: