Pedro Press conference

Lloyd

The only thing that will keep Pedro (who I like as a person, still not sure about his ability) as our manager is results and if we win on Sunday he will have got us to the final and got three wins in a row.

I have no idea if we will win on Sunday, but I certainly want us to win and will be glad for him as much as all us fans.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

The only thing that will keep Pedro (who I like as a person, still not sure about his ability) as our manager is results and if we win on Sunday he will have got us to the final and got three wins in a row.

I have no idea if we will win on Sunday, but I certainly want us to win and will be glad for him as much as all us fans.

Basically this is it in a nutshell, short and to the point!??

image.jpeg.8b21f4cc373836f2ceb44d23a0af95a0.jpeg

1 hour ago, Siwel said:

They do this anyway. I just want him to give normal answers not start talking pish about Caravans, Bleeding Blue and just in general giving them their headlines for when he fails so they can take the piss even more.

Much like the Scottish Media, you’ve heard what Pedro said but you haven’t listened to it. I honestly don’t mean that in an insulting way but you’re taking the comments far far to literally. 

1 minute ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Much like the Scottish Media, you’ve heard what Pedro said but you haven’t listened to it. I honestly don’t mean that in an insulting way but you’re taking the comments far far to literally. 

I don't think I am maybe I'm being cynical, Pedro is obviously saying the media can say whatever the fuck they want but he doesn't care with the first one but he should have just said that instead he writes their headlines for them for the next month of 2, the blue blood one was a blatant beg for the fans to get them on side same as the "We are the people" after Hibs. 

39 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Yes mate . Confirms he takes the cunt out of them at times .

I'm starting to like him again . The cup must be won though .Simples

Sunday must be won.

I'm firmly not of the opinion he must win a cup to be a success this season.  At a neutral venue, fuck even at Ibrox, id not expect us to beat the bheasts unfortunately. And if I don't expect it I can't want him sacked for it.

35 minutes ago, MasterD said:

What even is that shite :megaanguish:

Nothing worse than someone trying to stick up for a player/manager by comparing them to other shite.

Pedro is the worst manager in comparison to McCoist and Warburton, even le Guen though apparently....

13 minutes ago, Siwel said:

I don't think I am maybe I'm being cynical, Pedro is obviously saying the media can say whatever the fuck they want but he doesn't care with the first one but he should have just said that instead he writes their headlines for them for the next month of 2, the blue blood one was a blatant beg for the fans to get them on side same as the "We are the people" after Hibs. 

But we are the people and he does bleed blue/cares about nothing but Rangers. :)

Just now, Leeds_Bear said:

But we are the people and he does bleed blue/cares about nothing but Rangers. :)

Take it at face value if you want mate I just think it was a desperate attempt to get fans on side and it has worked sadly.

39 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

100% with all of that. Really like the way Pedro handles himself and for me some of the “sound bites” as they have been discribed earlier in the thread are his way of taking the piss out of the constant shitey questions he’s bombarded with week in week out, I get that he’s no everyone’s cup of tea and I get that, but for me he’s made decent signings that will push us on, and has definitely got us playing better even though we’ve not got some results we should have. 

Sunday is huge as you say, and the fact a cup final is at stake is massive for where we need to be, and also put to bed this three wins on the bounce thing at the same time. 

Woukd love the guy to be a success here 

2 hours ago, Siwel said:

I want what's best for Rangers, I couldn't care less about Pedro mainly because he's not good enough, It's not about taking sides either it's about what's best for the club and keeping Pedro isn't whats best

In what way would sacking Pedro, paying him off and bringing in a replacement and beginning rebuilding , yet again, be whats best for the club? Yes we're 6 points behind the taigs, if you believed with the level of investment we've had, the fact that we're bedding in a whole new team it would be any different - more fool you.

We have players still adjusting to the frenetic physicality of Scottish football, a team thats an unfinished project in terms of recruitment, supposing we go on a run, and at Christmas we're second? and within 6 points of the taigs and had been in a cup final? with the team continuing to gel and acclimatise, signs of improvement are there, its achievable, we showed resilience v st Johnston that wasn't there before, Pena managed a productive 95 mins and Dorrans had his best game for us, theres clearly signs we're going in the right direction.

While we continue to develop as a team and signs of improvement are there it would be madness to get rid of the manager and start again.

Just now, wewillfollowrangers said:

In what way would sacking Pedro, paying him off and bringing in a replacement and beginning rebuilding , yet again, be whats best for the club? Yes we're 6 points behind the taigs, if you believed with the level of investment we've had, the fact that we're bedding in a whole new team it would be any different - more fool you.

We have players still adjusting to the frenetic physicality of Scottish football, a team thats an unfinished project in terms of recruitment, supposing we go on a run, and at Christmas we're second? and within 6 points of the taigs and had been in a cup final? with the team continuing to gel and acclimatise, signs of improvement are there, its achievable, we showed resilience v st Johnston that wasn't there before, Pena managed a productive 95 mins and Dorrans had his best game for us, theres clearly signs we're going in the right direction.

While we continue to develop as a team and signs of improvement are there it would be madness to get rid of the manager and start again.

We would not need a full rebuild this time as many of the first 11 are good enough to build a challenge on imo.

The taigs have drawn 2 games, we should be keeping the pace with them at this stage like Aberdeen are doing.

It wouldn't, we will struggle for second under Pedro and we should be getting a capable replacement in so that we actually have a chance of stopping them cunts long term.

6 minutes ago, Siwel said:

We would not need a full rebuild this time as many of the first 11 are good enough to build a challenge on imo.

The taigs have drawn 2 games, we should be keeping the pace with them at this stage like Aberdeen are doing.

It wouldn't, we will struggle for second under Pedro and we should be getting a capable replacement in so that we actually have a chance of stopping them cunts long term.

If suggest that's a bit naive.

I think alves is largely here because of Pedro. I also wonder whether Cardoso, Pena, and morelos would be as settled if let's say mcinnes took over.

In honesty I'd imagine all 4 as minimum would look for an exit strategy.

Given all 4 are amongst our better players, don't under estimate the removal of Pedro without significant playing squad repercussions.

12 minutes ago, wewillfollowrangers said:

Good post. The idiocy displayed on this forum would make you vomit at times. You speak true.

Just now, Siwel said:

Aberdeen haven't played us or the taigs. come back after they have.

" getting a capable replacement in " sounds easy, not so much in the real world, i'd suggest we stand a better chance of getting performances out of the latin players we have brought in under Pedro than any of the obv suggestions for replacement.

We're treading water at the moment without proper investment and a massive hike in the wage bill we wont challenge regardless who the manager is, I think we'll be second by Christmas, cementing that and getting as close to the taigs as we can is the only realistic aim, the time to asses the manager is at the end of the season not having knee jerk  reactions after 9 games, whilst he is still bedding in a new team and we're still improving, we have to be patient and realistic.

Just now, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

If suggest that's a bit naive.

I think alves is largely here because of Pedro. I also wonder whether Cardoso, Pena, and morelos would be as settled if let's say mcinnes took over.

In honesty I'd imagine all 4 as minimum would look for an exit strategy.

Given all 4 are amongst our better players, don't under estimate the removal of Pedro without significant playing squad repercussions.

They signed for Rangers, not Pedro. Morelos joined off a recommendation from JJ so had nothing to do with Pedro anyway and they are here because Pedro knew them and wanted them had Pedro not been here and we went in for them they would still have came imo. Also if we replace Pedro with Mcinnes we are basically gifting them 10 in a row.

Just now, wewillfollowrangers said:

Aberdeen haven't played us or the taigs. come back after they have.

" getting a capable replacement in " sounds easy, not so much in the real world, i'd suggest we stand a better chance of getting performances out of the latin players we have brought in under Pedro than any of the obv suggestions for replacement.

We're treading water at the moment without proper investment and a massive hike in the wage bill we wont challenge regardless who the manager is, I think we'll be second by Christmas, cementing that and getting as close to the taigs as we can is the only realistic aim, the time to asses the manager is at the end of the season not having knee jerk  reactions after 9 games, whilst he is still bedding in a new team and we're still improving, we have to be patient and realistic.

It's not 9 games he's been here for over 6 months ffs.I am being realistic we won't get Second under Pedro, he was brought in because he talked our inept three man panel round at an interview he got because he was mates with Pedro Mendes.

Just now, Siwel said:

They signed for Rangers, not Pedro. Morelos joined off a recommendation from JJ so had nothing to do with Pedro anyway and they are here because Pedro knew them and wanted them had Pedro not been here and we went in for them they would still have came imo. Also if we replace Pedro with Mcinnes we are basically gifting them 10 in a row.

Ok, anyone other than Pedro.

Yes they signed for Rangers, but don't doubt the influence of a manager. Listen to Alves admiration as a clue.

All ifs buts and maybes.

But I feel they are more comfortable with a European manager speaking their natural tongue. Without this, i reckon theres huge question marks for them all here.

1 minute ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Ok, anyone other than Pedro.

Yes they signed for Rangers, but don't doubt the influence of a manager. Listen to Alves admiration as a clue.

All ifs buts and maybes.

But I feel they are more comfortable with a European manager speaking their natural tongue. Without this, i reckon theres huge question marks for them all here.

We won't know that until it happens I guess, I still think it's better to take that risk than give up any chance we have of stopping the taigs.