Harry Cochrane

Lloyd

Spoiler

Rangers Clash With Leeds United For Signing This Youngster: Why The Gers Has To Get It Done

As per one of the latest reports to have surfaced, Rangers are closely monitoring Heart of Midlothian’s talented youngster, Harry Cochrane. However, they might have to battle Leeds United in their quest of signing Cochrane as it is perceived that the Whites have also put him on their radar.

He is undoubtedly one of the finest starlets in the Scottish football at this stroke of hour and no wonder why some top clubs have already started to queue up to make him sign on the dotted line. Although he is still a raw talent, his passing, movements and ability to read the game meticulously have been appealing to watch.

Cochrane emerged through the youth ranks of Hearts and rose to prominence very swiftly. The 16-year-old signed his first pro contract with them in the summer and played a key role in the pre-season friendly games of the Jambos. He plays to his strengths and considering that he is young, he has time to brush himself adequately.

He has really impressed ever since he was handed his senior debut in September and has accumulated 5 appearances for himself in the Scottish Premiership so far this season. A midfielder by trade, he has shown immense maturity and calmness and has the ingredients to be a galvanizing name in the near future. It would be ideal for him to continue his developmental process in Scotland and Rangers should pay the right price to lure him to the Ibrox Stadium if they get any chance of doing so.

The Gers are going through a phase of ramification and after they sacked Pedro Caixinha last month. While Graeme Murty has been handed the role of the interim manager, it goes without saying that finding a permanent manager is at the back of the mind of the board. They are currently placed at the 4th spot in the league table with 24 points to their name after 12 games.

Once they acquire Caixinha’s heir, they should be turning their attention towards making some astute signings and Cochrane should be one of the names in their wish-list. Rangers lost one of their finest blossoming talents in the shape of Billy Gilmour to Chelsea in the summer and someone like Cochrane could be a decent replacement.

The gap between the Light Blues and their arch-rivals, celtic, is rising with every passing day and to curtail the same, they would need players who can help them in the process in the short run as well as in the long run. Rangers do not have the financial muscle similar to the Celts at this moment. Thus, they might have to rebuild themselves by signing youngsters with potential and it seems that Cochrane would be a perfect fit for them.

http://the4thofficial.net/2017/11/Rangers-clash-leeds-united-signing-youngster-gers-get-done/

I liked the look of him in the game against us but can’t say I’ve seen much of him other than that.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

Thought he he was shite against us quite honestly.

Must have something to be in at such a young age, but didn’t really stand out in an awful Hearts team against us with Jason Holt in midfield. 

He’s 16 mate, not looking for him to stand out but he was always looking for the ball and never hid along with a few decent passes and touches he might have something.

Just now, RDFM said:

Good for his age, rather sign Greg Docherty from Accies though. 

Lot of transfer threads popping up, surely time for the infamous transfer section of the forum to be resurrected?

Naw

"I knew I was eligible to play for Ireland, but I've not heard anything. If someone else is sniffing, that's flattering.

"It's something I'd need to think about, take time. I wouldn't jump in. I'd need to speak to my family and think what's right for me.

1 hour ago, Siwel said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Rangers Clash With Leeds United For Signing This Youngster: Why The Gers Has To Get It Done

As per one of the latest reports to have surfaced, Rangers are closely monitoring Heart of Midlothian’s talented youngster, Harry Cochrane. However, they might have to battle Leeds United in their quest of signing Cochrane as it is perceived that the Whites have also put him on their radar.

He is undoubtedly one of the finest starlets in the Scottish football at this stroke of hour and no wonder why some top clubs have already started to queue up to make him sign on the dotted line. Although he is still a raw talent, his passing, movements and ability to read the game meticulously have been appealing to watch.

Cochrane emerged through the youth ranks of Hearts and rose to prominence very swiftly. The 16-year-old signed his first pro contract with them in the summer and played a key role in the pre-season friendly games of the Jambos. He plays to his strengths and considering that he is young, he has time to brush himself adequately.

He has really impressed ever since he was handed his senior debut in September and has accumulated 5 appearances for himself in the Scottish Premiership so far this season. A midfielder by trade, he has shown immense maturity and calmness and has the ingredients to be a galvanizing name in the near future. It would be ideal for him to continue his developmental process in Scotland and Rangers should pay the right price to lure him to the Ibrox Stadium if they get any chance of doing so.

The Gers are going through a phase of ramification and after they sacked Pedro Caixinha last month. While Graeme Murty has been handed the role of the interim manager, it goes without saying that finding a permanent manager is at the back of the mind of the board. They are currently placed at the 4th spot in the league table with 24 points to their name after 12 games.

Once they acquire Caixinha’s heir, they should be turning their attention towards making some astute signings and Cochrane should be one of the names in their wish-list. Rangers lost one of their finest blossoming talents in the shape of Billy Gilmour to Chelsea in the summer and someone like Cochrane could be a decent replacement.

The gap between the Light Blues and their arch-rivals, celtic, is rising with every passing day and to curtail the same, they would need players who can help them in the process in the short run as well as in the long run. Rangers do not have the financial muscle similar to the Celts at this moment. Thus, they might have to rebuild themselves by signing youngsters with potential and it seems that Cochrane would be a perfect fit for them.

http://the4thofficial.net/2017/11/Rangers-clash-leeds-united-signing-youngster-gers-get-done/

I liked the look of him in the game against us but can’t say I’ve seen much of him other than that.

What game were you watching? He was terrible against us. Not saying he won’t improve but he gave the ball away 4 or 5 times - his passing must have been in the mid 60%s.

1 minute ago, Gustav said:

Naw

"I knew I was eligible to play for Ireland, but I've not heard anything. If someone else is sniffing, that's flattering.

"It's something I'd need to think about, take time. I wouldn't jump in. I'd need to speak to my family and think what's right for me.

He's a Rangers fan. 

5 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

What game were you watching? He was terrible against us. Not saying he won’t improve but he gave the ball away 4 or 5 times - his passing must have been in the mid 60%s.

Giving the ball away 4/5 times against us while playing for a shite team at the age of 16 isn’t as bad as your making out.

21 minutes ago, Siwel said:

Giving the ball away 4/5 times against us while playing for a shite team at the age of 16 isn’t as bad as your making out.

As I qualified I’m not saying he won’t get better, I’m just talking about his game against us. Regardless of age, he was terrible. 

13 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

As I qualified I’m not saying he won’t get better, I’m just talking about his game against us. Regardless of age, he was terrible. 

At 16 age definitely needs to be taken under consideration. Obviously I’m not saying buy him for the first team but signing him as a player who has a lot potential to get better.

17 minutes ago, Siwel said:

At 16 age definitely needs to be taken under consideration. Obviously I’m not saying buy him for the first team but signing him as a player who has a lot potential to get better.

I’m not arguing any of that mate. You said you liked the look of him against us, I’m saying he was terrible. 

2 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

I’m not arguing any of that mate. You said you liked the look of him against us, I’m saying he was terrible. 

I liked the look of him because he didn’t hide and was always making himself available for the ball, wasn’t an incredible dominating midfield performance but he did well enough for a 16 year old starting against us.

The lad was poor against us and the junkies.

There may well be a player in there, he is young and still to develop, but he'd be well advised to do it somewhere he'll get first team games.  Like Hearts, not us, he's miles away from what we need in midfield.

Not for me, certainly not the now anyways.

2 hours ago, Gustav said:

Naw

He's one of us aswel

1 hour ago, Tenerife Bear said:

Craig Leveins ego picked him, not because the boy is any good. There's less than a handful of young players in Scotland i would take at Rangers and he isn't one of them. 

I'm surprised you see much Scottish youth football in Tenerife