Kenny

.Williamson.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

53 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

For all the stick he's been taking, funny how the performance from the team after he went off turned into the worst of the season.  Maybe Kenny's influence on the park is greater than a lot give him credit for.

A lot of that will be down to Candeais being gash and like a man down. And also hivs imposing their tactics well. Also in the 2nd half bringing on the City lad who has a real talent.

Miller wasn't rank when he was on but I don't see he particularly did anything before he went off. Certainly nothing that subsequently impacted on our play. Unless you saw different and can pinpoint it?

6 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

A lot of that will be down to Candeais being gash and like a man down. And also hivs imposing their tactics well. Also in the 2nd half bringing on the City lad who has a real talent.

Miller wasn't rank when he was on but I don't see he particularly did anything before he went off. Certainly nothing that subsequently impacted on our play. Unless you saw different and can pinpoint it?

Nothing really obvious from last night...just don't buy into the "he's shit" view.   As a team we were shit for most of the game, other than a few minutes here and there.

A micro example of Millers "influence" from the County game was when he anticipated the pass, nipped it forward to Candeias and pretty much told him what to do...i.e. attack the space.  We ended up scoring.

4 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

Nothing really obvious from last night...just don't buy into the "he's shit" view.   As a team we were shit for most of the game, other than a few minutes here and there.

A micro example of Millers "influence" from the County game was when he anticipated the pass, nipped it forward to Candeias and pretty much told him what to do...i.e. attack the space.  We ended up scoring.

Wasn't at County game, saw that in the highlights and it was impactive on the game, good play.

Far too infrequent is that said though, and for a no 9 at Rangers and one of our experienced players that's unacceptable.

I hope others make positions their own now, make themselves undroppable. Ultimately now is the time for us all to see what the team brings without Miller which is what most of us who don't rate him have been wanting.

6 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Wasn't at County game, saw that in the highlights and it was impactive on the game, good play.

Far too infrequent is that said though, and for a no 9 at Rangers and one of our experienced players that's unacceptable.

I hope others make positions their own now, make themselves undroppable. Ultimately now is the time for us all to see what the team brings without Miller which is what most of us who don't rate him have been wanting.

The No.9 jersey seems to fool a lot of people.  I'm not sure he's been asked to play up front (as in an out and out striker) at all this season.  His contribution to the team is underestimated imo, and that was shown in our performance last night.  Don't get me wrong, I'd like an upgrade but he's by no means our worst performer and I believe he gives more to the team performance (off the ball in particular) than he gets credit for...I think last night showed that.  There's a lot of confirmation bias goes on with regards to Miller, a lot of the criticism is unjustified when put into context.

5 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

The No.9 jersey seems to fool a lot of people.  I'm not sure he's been asked to play up front (as in an out and out striker) at all this season.  His contribution to the team is underestimated imo, and that was shown in our performance last night.  Don't get me wrong, I'd like an upgrade but he's by no means our worst performer and I believe he gives more to the team performance (off the ball in particular) than he gets credit for...I think last night showed that.  There's a lot of confirmation bias goes on with regards to Miller, a lot of the criticism is unjustified when put into context.

What did he do last night that we missed when he went off? Bearing in mind that Candeais was rank and didn't look interested?

Don't see how you can argue we worsened as Miller went off. I'd reckon we'd have worsened whoever went off as we went from 11 players to effectively 10 plus a rank Candeais.

We scored a couple and brought about a turnaround and win when he went off too if you want to simplify it. So better for Miller's absence......

9 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

What did he do last night that we missed when he went off? Bearing in mind that Candeais was rank and didn't look interested?

Don't see how you can argue we worsened as Miller went off. I'd reckon we'd have worsened whoever went off as we went from 11 players to effectively 10 plus a rank Candeais.

We scored a couple and brought about a turnaround and win when he went off too if you want to simplify it. So better for Miller's absence......

I thought we started reasonably well, game was kind of 50/50 despite us losing the goal.  Went downhill rapidly though and yes, Candeias had a stinker...point I made earlier re him talking to Candeias during the County game...you don't have to be playing like Messi to impact on a game, some players need talked to, directed through a game, and that's what Miller is good at...you may have seen a different Candeias if Miller was on.  Last night especially, off the ball movement from midfield to front was poor and that's where the likes of Miller is good...he demands things happen, even if they're not happening for him.  

All I'm saying is his influence on the park is, I believe, greater than he's given credit for, particularly on here.  People demand he's up top but I don't think he's being asked to do that at all.  He's being asked to be the one to drop into midfield and support, and getting forward to support the attack also.  Morelos is the striker.

1 minute ago, coopsleftboot said:

I thought we started reasonably well...

I know it was only eight minutes but I was pleased with the way we started.  We were zipping the ball about and looked up for it.  After the goal though we were pants.

3 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

I thought we started reasonably well, game was kind of 50/50 despite us losing the goal.  Went downhill rapidly though and yes, Candeias had a stinker...point I made earlier re him talking to Candeias during the County game...you don't have to be playing like Messi to impact on a game, some players need talked to, directed through a game, and that's what Miller is good at...you may have seen a different Candeias if Miller was on.  Last night especially, off the ball movement from midfield to front was poor and that's where the likes of Miller is good...he demands things happen, even if they're not happening for him.  

All I'm saying is his influence on the park is, I believe, greater than he's given credit for, particularly on here.  People demand he's up top but I don't think he's being asked to do that at all.  He's being asked to be the one to drop into midfield and support, and getting forward to support the attack also.  Morelos is the striker.

Who is he helping and directing through games?

Morelos seems to score well on the whole, i dont see hom learning ftom Miller. Especially now a tactic is in place that allows him support in Windass I'd hope to see even more. Windass has been brought to life by the tactic too. Is he using his wealth of knowledge to help out Jack and Holt? Not so sure. Or Mccrorie? The lad seems to be his own man.

I tend to think his "experience" is closer to moaning and blaming others than motivating or tactically guiding others through a game.

Any time folk try to verbalise their backing for him its this mythical experience benefiting others, or running around a lot, or things we don't see.

It's not goals, assists, the things each of our forwards need assessed against, in the same way defenders and keeper are assessed against goals conceded.

And it's ok saying that he's now dropped into midfield but theres others throughout the team with better stats for goals and assists, even defenders.

There's so little tangible to see that he offers, which may well be why you've now suggested it's the things we don't see. I just can't see any of them tbh, more often than not he should have been the first guy subbed in past games imo.

23 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Who is he helping and directing through games?

Morelos seems to score well on the whole, i dont see hom learning ftom Miller. Especially now a tactic is in place that allows him support in Windass I'd hope to see even more. Windass has been brought to life by the tactic too. Is he using his wealth of knowledge to help out Jack and Holt? Not so sure. Or Mccrorie? The lad seems to be his own man.

I tend to think his "experience" is closer to moaning and blaming others than motivating or tactically guiding others through a game.

Any time folk try to verbalise their backing for him its this mythical experience benefiting others, or running around a lot, or things we don't see.

It's not goals, assists, the things each of our forwards need assessed against, in the same way defenders and keeper are assessed against goals conceded.

And it's ok saying that he's now dropped into midfield but theres others throughout the team with better stats for goals and assists, even defenders.

There's so little tangible to see that he offers, which may well be why you've now suggested it's the things we don't see. I just can't see any of them tbh, more often than not he should have been the first guy subbed in past games imo.

Like I said, confirmation bias plays a part...people look for an error and that's the justification at the expense of anything good.  In fact, the good is quickly forgotten.

We'll agree to have different opinions, vive la différence and all that, but me being a glass-half-full person usually looks for the positives, and, in all honesty, I think I see more positives than negatives.  As I said in an earlier post, we could do with an upgrade but he's nowhere near as bad as he's being painted.  

1 minute ago, coopsleftboot said:

Like I said, confirmation bias plays a part...people look for an error and that's the justification at the expense of anything good.  In fact, the good is quickly forgotten.

We'll agree to have different opinions, vive la différence and all that, but me being a glass-half-full person usually looks for the positives, and, in all honesty, I think I see more positives than negatives.  As I said in an earlier post, we could do with an upgrade but he's nowhere near as bad as he's being painted.  

And yet, even with my confirmation bias (???) there's still so few demonstrable positives.

Hey ho, it's all about opinions.

1 hour ago, coopsleftboot said:

Where’s the positives in our no. 9 having the same number or less goals than 3 out of our back 4?

Cunts fucking gash. 

Hopefully someone steps up now they’re given an opportunity and he never pulls a Rangers shirt on again. Can’t believe there’s even an inference that last nights poor performance was because he went off - we were already 1-0 down at that point, and he’s consistently been one of our worst players who contributes the least.

55 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Where’s the positives in our no. 9 having the same number or less goals than 3 out of our back 4?

Cunts fucking gash. 

Hopefully someone steps up now they’re given an opportunity and he never pulls a Rangers shirt on again. Can’t believe there’s even an inference that last nights poor performance was because he went off - we were already 1-0 down at that point, and he’s consistently been one of our worst players who contributes the least.

I feel I was more articulate.

I like your blunt, direct approach.

"Cunts fucking gash"

???

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

Cunts fucking gash. 

You know 9 is a squad number not a position?

14 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

You know 9 is a squad number not a position?

You know how many squad players have scored or assisted more than a guy with a no 9 jersey, that IS considered as one of our 4 forwards? 

Have you looked at his goals:minutes ratio compared to others in both the squad or the league?

What does no9 on a Rangers jersey mean to you when you think of others who have worn it?

He shouldn't be playing so many games...much like McCulloch, it's not his fault...the attitude from so many fans is pretty disappointing.

Minus one transgression another player who has spent a decent percentage of his career at the club...including a period he could have played at a much higher level.

A 60 min sub he'd have far more impact on games IMO 

2 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

He shouldn't be playing so many games...much like McCulloch, it's not his fault...the attitude from so many fans is pretty disappointing.

Minus one transgression another player who has spent a decent percentage of his career at the club...including a period he could have played at a much higher level.

A 60 min sub he'd have far more impact on games IMO 

Why a disappointing attitude? Is it better to make allowances for a player than simply want the best players playing for us?

What relevance is his previous clubs here and now? I genuinely don't give a fuck about his time at the bheasts or elsewhere, it's about what he is, or more accurately isn't, doing now in the first team. And I'd rather a performing youth got a game than an under performing senior pro be it Miller or anyone else. It's ALL about the team now.

As a sub yes he could have an impact. If played as a centre forward, not as a midfielder. Which bemuses me when folk back him playing for us, typically in midfield, where he underperforms not unsurprisingly as it's not a natural position to him.

5 hours ago, coopsleftboot said:

For all the stick he's been taking, funny how the performance from the team after he went off turned into the worst of the season.  Maybe Kenny's influence on the park is greater than a lot give him credit for.

Disagree buddy, we were pish from the off ~ not just after he went off. 

5 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Why a disappointing attitude? Is it better to make allowances for a player than simply want the best players playing for us?

What relevance is his previous clubs here and now? I genuinely don't give a fuck about his time at the bheasts or elsewhere, it's about what he is, or more accurately isn't, doing now in the first team. And I'd rather a performing youth got a game than an under performing senior pro be it Miller or anyone else. It's ALL about the team now.

As a sub yes he could have an impact. If played as a centre forward, not as a midfielder. Which bemuses me when folk back him playing for us, typically in midfield, where he underperforms not unsurprisingly as it's not a natural position to him.

I was pretty clear what disappointed me, I was also pretty clear he shouldnt be playing so often...a failing of recent managers.

We're doing same to him as we did to McCulloch it's sad, and nothing to do with Miller.

1 minute ago, JR said:

Disagree buddy, we were pish from the off ~ not just after he went off. 

See I disagree with that. Thought we we pacy, sharp and knocked the ball well until they scored. Pretty shit the rest of the half and still amazed we went in a two one up at half time.

Second half was like the Alamo and the post, keeper and blind linesman saved us along with resolute defending.