Kenny

.Williamson.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, OhW said:

Just read this quote from Warburton, talking about Barrie McKay...

“Sometimes you do not get on the ball in games – he has to find a way of making sure he gets on the ball.

I don’t care if he goes to left back or right back to do it – but he has to find a way to get himself on the ball."

Do you think Warburton said the same thing to Kenny, and Kenny is still going on that advice? It was under Warburton that he was first given his "free" role.

McKay can be good with the ball at his feet. He can make a difference to a team if he can get on the ball hence the advice.

Given this level of ability doesn't apply to Miller, I seriously doubt it.

42 minutes ago, OhW said:

I just thought it was plausible because Warburton was the first manager to give Miller the free role.

Your probably right. MW had mainly average players try and play like Beckenbauer and Cruyff. His system made Wallace think he was a left wingers and made Miller think he had the ability to play anywhere he wants.

Someone needs to have quiet word in Kenny's ear and tell him his best position is in and around the box, preferably as a sub once Morelas has run out of steam. Although I'm guessing Pedro already tried this.

The thing with Miller is that could be a valuable squad member. Coming on when required in the second half of games, as a no9, I'm sure he could grab of few important goals against tiring defences.

He could also be a help to the likes or Morelos and Hardie in training, giving them the benefit of his experience.

But instead he's ruining his reputation.

Injury might be a blessing in disguise. I know we are struggling for numbers just now but it now let's Murty to try get a settled team playing on the run up to the game against them. I think we play better without Miller just need players to step up now and take their chance

2 minutes ago, james_85 said:

Injury might be a blessing in disguise. I know we are struggling for numbers just now but it now let's Murty to try get a settled team playing on the run up to the game against them. I think we play better without Miller just need players to step up now and take their chance

I agree. Never want any Rangers player injured but forces Murty to try something else when realistically he was never going to drop him. Looked like a hamstring injury which could keep him out until after new year as they really need rested to be 100% sure they are healed. 

Peña behind Windass and Morelos most likely. Maybe Candeias? Dorrans if/when he’s fit? I think all of these options are more attractive than Miller. 

Never want to see an RFC player injured & it absolutely weakens the squad & lessens the tools that Murty has to use.

While I feel Miller doesn't deserve to be a starter, he has the ability to be an impact sub when the opposition tires.

2 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

For all the stick he's been taking, funny how the performance from the team after he went off turned into the worst of the season.  Maybe Kenny's influence on the park is greater than a lot give him credit for.

We were awful against Ross County. These players last night didn't take any responsibility to control the ball; in what way would Miller have affected that?

2 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

We were awful against Ross County. These players last night didn't take any responsibility to control the ball; in what way would Miller have affected that?

Only saw the second half against Ross and thought we were decent.  And certainly a whole lot better than last night.  

You're right, Miller can't make them control the ball, but his influence in organising and encouraging might well have made a difference.