Fan base in Scotland.

Chineseboy

1 hour ago, andyhrfc said:

Spot on.  There was a friendly in Dublin a couple of years ago between celtic and Liverpool.  The ground was 80% Liverpool support which surprised a lot of people. Just shows that they are not as popular as they think even in the republic.

Outnumbered in their spiritual home 5 to 1:lol:

https://goo.gl/images/PCQCyf

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look, we still comfortably outnumber these fuckers despite the nonsense spouted from torbet towers. We are a bigger club in every regard. The taigs new found wealth does not change that ffs its only a bi product of our own financial decline. What's happened over the last few years is they have simply taken the lead in the propaganda war.

We've forgotten how to promote ourselves is all.  Take pride in who and what we are. We are not the ones with skeletons in the cupboard so stop listening to plastic paddy media tripe,  to fuck with their lies and misinformation. Glasgow Rangers are Scotlands premier football club as much today as we always have been. 

On 09/02/2018 at 10:09, Chineseboy said:

Do we have a bigger fan base in Scotland now than before we went to the lower leagues? The crowds certainly seem bigger, and I would say we vastly outnumber the scum in terms of support in Scotland. However, when I watched the New Years game in Edinburgh recently, I was surprised there were more taigs in the pub. Never used to be like that. Anyway, as I don't live in Scotland anymore, and haven't for many a year, I was just wondering what people's views were on this.

I reckon within the central belt it's pretty even but between the 2 but Scotland as a whole more bears for sure.

31 minutes ago, Gazza1212 said:

Look, we still comfortably outnumber these fuckers despite the nonsense spouted from torbet towers. We are a bigger club in every regard. The taigs new found wealth does not change that ffs its only a bi product of our own financial decline. What's happened over the last few years is they have simply taken the lead in the propaganda war.

We've forgotten how to promote ourselves is all.  Take pride in who and what we are. We are not the ones with skeletons in the cupboard so stop listening to plastic paddy media tripe,  to fuck with their lies and misinformation. Glasgow Rangers are Scotlands premier football club as much today as we always have been. 

This is my line of thinking. They are more noticeable just now down to their period of success. Once we get back on top they will resort back to their usual hiding and paranoid ramblings of Masonic conspiracy theories. The sooner the better.

On 09/02/2018 at 10:26, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Imo as adults we're more aware of what we could have lost, and as a result will continue to sell out grounds and STs. 

My big worry is the kids that haven't really experienced a winning Rangers, can't get the strips etc, don't enjoy what they see on the park. We could lose a generation.

We could but we won't. It's my opinion that most of us support Rangers because of our parents. I support Rangers because of my dad and my kids support Rangers because of me. In the 90s there was a waiting list to get on the waiting list for an Ibrox season ticket which followed a period without much success.

Technically we won a league less than 2 years ago. Weans don't know the difference and part of that is down to us. I'm sure we all celebrated winning the Championship just like a top flight league win when you consider the season before but more importantly, the fact we were back to where we should be before the shameful decisions by other clubs to demote us.

1 hour ago, cr3_bear said:

This is my line of thinking. They are more noticeable just now down to their period of success. Once we get back on top they will resort back to their usual hiding and paranoid ramblings of Masonic conspiracy theories. The sooner the better.

My worry is each year of us still being seen as being in turmoil we turn off more and more of our next generation of fans. A lot of alternatives to grab their attention on TV and many will just be turned off football completely.

celtic PR certainly have had the upper hand on us for the last 5 years. There is a bounce in their step even although they have no competition and win the trophies just by showing up.  You see it also with the resurgence of the plastic Irish pubs around Glasgow. 

9 hours ago, harlands plater said:

What a fucking abortion of a stadium that place is. Is there one one end of it that has about three rows of seats because of a railway behind it?

No because of blocking light into the terrace houses behind they couldnt build ant higher.Residents would not budge on issue

18 hours ago, barkie said:

Kids running around in Scotland with English team tops is nothing new. Remember back in the 80s kids running around with Liverpool spurs and other tops. Living around Merseyside and lancashire for 20 odd years it's mainly Liverpool Everton and man Utd fans I have known and bar a few plastic Irish everyone likes Rangers it's myth they are liked down here in fact most hate them and know exactly what they stand for there is no big love in with Liverpool etc all in their tiny minds. 

Was a bit of a surprise when I first moved down here how many man u fans hate them.

Good point. I had a full west Ham strip in around '95 for some reason...

10 minutes ago, harlands plater said:

:sarcasm:

Sounds like similar situation to Newcastle, there’s a terrace of Georgian houses next to St James Park that stops the club from expanding the stadium in that direction.

Chelsea have just got permission to build a new stadium on existing site one of the new stands backs unto Chelsea terrace homes (probably worth 1 million plus)the residents got an unbelievable amount to give the go ahead.One resident up until 2 weeks ago was holding out,putting the whole project on hold but eventually came to an agreement ,can you imagine his neighbours reaction if he had told Chelsea to fuck off.

10 hours ago, They Gnu said:

Sniff sniff is that an idiotic cunt calling a fellow Rangers Fan a Bheast.

No one mentioned beast, odd comment unless the cap fits, was calling white on your email about being headhunter, guess comprehension is not your strong suit.  Been on here 5 minutes and calling posters obscene names, nice.

On 09/02/2018 at 14:07, Iron Proddy said:

There's still plenty of pro Rangers sentiment amongst a lot of English football fans. 

Helps that the press down here aren't in the business of acting as a mouthpiece for 1 club. 

This. The train from London Euston passing through the North West of England through to Glasgow Central on a Saturday morning is an eye opener. Always staggers me the dozens of fans you get on there travelling up to a game.

On 09/02/2018 at 10:23, Inigo said:

From my anecdotal experience... we are considerably more supported in Scotland than they are. They certainly have a bigger support worldwide, but that's pribably boosted by people with tenuous Irish links that think sellic is part of that package (folk that would say they're sellic fans if asked but do nothing on a day to day basis to express it).

I also (again anecdotally) reckon we've lost a chunk of the middle classish type of supporter who have been persuaded by the discourse of the last 30 years that they don't want to be associated to some of the things that are attached to Rangers. I know one or two like that. Don't think sellic suffered so much with that probably because the 'drip, drip' of disgust and negativity was never quite the same around their 'cultural' songs. Might be other cultural aspects to that too.

i don't agree with the myth that pacific fc have a larger worldwide support than Rangers.

the only reason that the peados are better known at the moment is their annual appearances in the chumpions league where they are gubbed right left and center by europes elite clubs.

certainly septic have made it to 37 in the top 50 football brands list but again this is down to  the cash and worldwide exposure from their disastrous chumpions league appearances.

i would like to have seen what position pacific fc would have made in any football brands survey carried out during their 1994 financial meltdown.season..

in fact glasgow Rangers would have been streets ahead of the peados in any brand surveys carried out in the nineties and early 2000's

On 09/02/2018 at 10:23, Inigo said:

From my anecdotal experience... we are considerably more supported in Scotland than they are. They certainly have a bigger support worldwide, but that's pribably boosted by people with tenuous Irish links that think sellic is part of that package (folk that would say they're sellic fans if asked but do nothing on a day to day basis to express it).

I also (again anecdotally) reckon we've lost a chunk of the middle classish type of supporter who have been persuaded by the discourse of the last 30 years that they don't want to be associated to some of the things that are attached to Rangers. I know one or two like that. Don't think sellic suffered so much with that probably because the 'drip, drip' of disgust and negativity was never quite the same around their 'cultural' songs. Might be other cultural aspects to that too.

i don't agree with the myth that pacific fc have a larger worldwide support than Rangers.

the only reason that the peados are better known at the moment is their annual appearances in the chumpions league where they are gubbed right left and center by europes elite clubs.

certainly septic have made it to 37 in the top 50 football brands list but again this is down to  the cash and worldwide exposure from their disastrous chumpions league appearances.

i would like to have seen what position pacific fc would have made in any football brands survey carried out during their 1994 financial meltdown.season..

in fact looking at the whole period from the nineties to the early 2000's glasgow Rangers would have been streets ahead of the peados in any brand surveys carried out at that time.

10 hours ago, djwyc14 said:

This. The train from London Euston passing through the North West of England through to Glasgow Central on a Saturday morning is an eye opener. Always staggers me the dozens of fans you get on there travelling up to a game.

Agree. Recently moved down to Manchester and I do the journey up and down by train. Considering the investment in time and money I was genuinely shocked at the amount of other lads doing the same.