Liam Burt to Dumbarton

Lloyd

2 minutes ago, theweebluenose said:

Whats the deal with us and Dumbarton? We always seem to be loaning them players.

Durrant probably being the connection and Steve Aitken and his family, the manager, all Rangers season ticket holders.

Just now, Ferris Bueller said:

McCrorie.

Why's Dumbarton getting the credit for McCrorie now? he was only there was 9-games and from the fans I spoke to (and I know Dude disagree's) said he didn't look great, looked slow ... I watched him a lot for the unders before Dumbarton and he looked a player with us - he's not went to Dumbarton and improved, it's getting a chance in our team in a sink or swim environment and he's took it with both hands and stepped up to the plate.

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Why's Dumbarton getting the credit for McCrorie now? he was only there was 9-games and from the fans I spoke to (and I know Dude disagree's) said he didn't look great, looked slow ... I watched him a lot for the unders before Dumbarton and he looked a player with us - he's not went to Dumbarton and improved, it's getting a chance in our team in a sink or swim environment and he's took it with both hands and stepped up to the plate.

Probably done him more good than harm.

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Got to agree. He stepped up big time when given the chance. Made a couple of mistakes in games but overall didn't show any fear. But even at Dumbarton's level a young player must have shown something with his parent club to be considered. So I wouldn't say they made him the player he is, but in these loans the player themselves have got to learn and return with a little more in their locker. 

4 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

Got to agree. He stepped up big time when given the chance. Made a couple of mistakes in games but overall didn't show any fear. But even at Dumbarton's level a young player must have shown something with his parent club to be considered. So I wouldn't say they made him the player he is, but in these loans the player themselves have got to learn and return with a little more in their locker. 

I find myself getting involved in this debate every now and again and as little as last week.

I do see the appeal in giving them first team game time in a competitive environment but let's not fool ourselves into thinking it works or it's always a good move. I don't have any alternative idea's when it comes to these boys development outwith just keeping playing these European friendlies and having them train at Auchenhowie and developing them ourselves... when it comes to actual football development, I think there's a case for them getting worse going out on loan to the dregs of lower league Scottish football. I'd stop sending them out in all honesty.

These loans need to happen for these players. 

Very rarely is a youth prospect going to get a run of games at Rangers, unless there is some injury crisis or they are just far too good to be in the youths.

This is their only chance to prove they have what it takes at first team level. Sink or swim, if you like. 

We have put plenty out on loan, and its showed they aren’t good enough for our first team (Gasporotto, Thompson, Sinnamon, Hardie, Roberts, Jeffries etc the most recent examples)

I imagine the number that progress from these loans will rise in the next few years when the we see the impact Muholland has had on the academy.