Scottish Football

Just now, The Dude said:

That thread is one of the worst things I've read in a long time. Absolutely incredible that their admin are happy to let a  scary  number of posters defend a rapist and blame the victim.

You accusing me of defending a rapist when I've done nothing of the sort is pretty disgusting.

Just now, The Specky Non Liar - Sometimes said:

You accusing me of defending a rapist when I've done nothing of the sort is pretty disgusting.

Certainly how it is coming across. As  I said, it may not be your intent but it's how it reads.

Simple question, do you think Goodwillie should be allowed to play football at any level?

Just now, The Dude said:

That thread is one of the worst things I've read in a long time. Absolutely incredible that their admin are happy to let a  scary  number of posters defend a rapist and blame the victim.

I cannot stand people who come out with shit like “if I have sex with any drunk woman can she accuse me of raping her”

It’s utterly depressing, that you have fully grown men who are seemingly unable to differentiate between a woman, who is maybe a bit boozy but still able to consent because they have their wits and their ability to communicate clearly what they want and/or are happy to do and somebody who’s unable to do so because they are paralytic, unresponsive, passing out or struggling to stay awake.

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Certainly how it is coming across. As  I said, it may not be your intent but it's how it reads.

Simple question, do you think Goodwillie should be allowed to play football at any level?

If he was allowed to at Clyde? Yes.

Should he have been allowed to at Clyde? No.

Just now, BlueSuedeSambas said:

I cannot stand people who come out with shit like “if I have sex with any drunk woman can she accuse me of raping her”

It’s utterly depressing, that you have fully grown men who are seemingly unable to differentiate between a woman, who is maybe a bit boozy but still able to consent because they have their wits and their ability to communicate clearly what they want and/or are happy to do and somebody who’s unable to do so because they are paralytic, unresponsive, passing out or struggling to stay awake.

It speaks volumes to their character. Another common one on that thread too is 'if the guy is also drunk, is it still rape?'. These cunts are a danger to women.

1 minute ago, The Specky Non Liar - Sometimes said:

If he was allowed to at Clyde? Yes.

Should he have been allowed to at Clyde? No.

See that's fair enough mate, but not how it read that your opinion was.

It sounded like you were angry at his treatment when he moved to Raith and it should have been equal to how he was treated at Clyde.

Since you are now saying you disagreed with him getting a chance at Clyde, then I'll hold my hands up and take back any indications that you were defending the fucker.

I would think a lot of the disagreements over Goodwillie here is more to do with the hypocrisy of the wider Scottish public / political classes. 

The clamour for justice wasn't anywhere near the same when he played for Clyde over a number of years as it was when he signed for Raith, and that stinks. 

I think everyone here agrees that he shouldn't have been kicking a ball for ANY professional football team regardless of their stature in the game.

The only reason Val McDiarmid wasn't bothered all these years is because he wasn't playing for her team, and that's wrong too. People are picking and choosing when to become active in denouncing Goodwillie when he should have been ostracised from the game sin die years ago when he clearly had raped that girl. 

13 hours ago, The Dude said:

That thread is utterly fucking appalling and their admin really need to get grip of it. Amount of cunts defending a rapist is insane. Loads of rapey weirdos insisting that he wasn’t convicted in a criminal court he should be free to live his life. Wonder if they’d make the same defence of Jimmy Savile given his lack of criminal convictions too

FF has an appalling view towards women in general and it will never change as one of the absolute worst on it is that sweaty bastard Dingwall.

Will never forget the thread he posted during Leipzig away with a picture of some random German woman he had taken and him saying all the men were staring at her and she was loving it and could tell she wanted more. 

2 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

See that's fair enough mate, but not how it read that your opinion was.

It sounded like you were angry at his treatment when he moved to Raith and it should have been equal to how he was treated at Clyde.

Since you are now saying you disagreed with him getting a chance at Clyde, then I'll hold my hands up and take back any indications that you were defending the fucker.

:tu:

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

FF has an appalling view towards women in general and it will never change as one of the absolute worst on it is that sweaty bastard Dingwall.

Will never forget the thread he posted during Leipzig away of a picture of some random German woman he had taken and him saying all the men were staring at her and she was loving it and could tell she wanted more

Fucking hell, that's a grim point of view for him to have. 

Can never understand that attitude.

6 minutes ago, The Dude said:

It speaks volumes to their character. Another common one on that thread too is 'if the guy is also drunk, is it still rape?'. These cunts are a danger to women.

If that’s how they genuinely think then they shouldn’t be allowed out on the street.

2 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

I would think a lot of the disagreements over Goodwillie here is more to do with the hypocrisy of the wider Scottish public / political classes. 

The clamour for justice wasn't anywhere near the same when he played for Clyde over a number of years as it was when he signed for Raith, and that stinks. 

I think everyone here agrees that he shouldn't have been kicking a ball for ANY professional football team regardless of their stature in the game.

The only reason Val McDiarmid wasn't bothered all these years is because he wasn't playing for her team, and that's wrong too. People are picking and choosing when to become active in denouncing Goodwillie when he should have been ostracised from the game sin die years ago when he clearly had raped that girl. 

I don't think it's unreasonable to take a stance when it happens at your club rather than another club you are not affiliated with to be honest.

10 minutes ago, The Dude said:

He clearly isn't defending a rapist, he is merely pointing out that since he has left Clyde he has had every move kiboshed.....it is quite clear he sees angst in the fact he was able to play for 4-5 seasons at Clyde where in truth nobody gave a fuck about....clearly different if he was saying he thinks he has had a raw deal due to the conviction being a civil case and he is being hounded.....that would be defending a rapist

Just now, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I don't think it's unreasonable to take a stance when it happens at your club rather than another club you are not affiliated with to be honest.

It would sit really uncomfortably though, especially if the two clubs were ever in competition with each other. 

I do get your point though, but there is still a level of hypocrisy in the sense of "out of sight, out of mind", especially considering the outrage (correctly) when Raith were signing him. The same outrage when he signed for Clyde would have kept the guy out of the game for a lot longer. 

I can't even imagine how the victim and her family must have felt knowing the guy was making a living of some sort at a semi professional level. 

Just now, hammer93 said:

He clearly isn't defending a rapist, he is merely pointing out that since he has left Clyde he has had every move kiboshed.....it is quite clear he sees angst in the fact he was able to play for 4-5 seasons at Clyde where in truth nobody gave a fuck about....clearly different if he was saying he thinks he has had a raw deal due to the conviction being a civil case and he is being hounded.....that would be defending a rapist

Not true at all though.

Hopefully the fact that he was able to sign and play for Clyde for years, with a fraction of the fuss that was made when he joined Raith Rovers is a sign that attitudes towards this sort of thing being allowed are changing and have developed, for the better, in that period of time too.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Not true at all though.

Why wasn't his contract ripped up then.....you being a journalist and being very vocal on this.... did you write a piece back then stating he shouldn't be allowed to play football?