Excellent new Banner

Made its debut at Hannover on Tuesday, now over in Ulster with Coventry:

cov-1.jpg

You can just see a bit of it here:

DSCN0443.jpg

How quality, I spent 7 years in Coventry and support Coventry when ever we can get to see them. Do you have a front facing picture? It looks excellant, if you do can you send me a copy.

Cov and Gers, they had celtic/cov t-shirts but not reangers/cov. They said I would have to direct to the manufacturer. To many plastic paddies about I suppose.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great to see supporters from all over the country making the effort to put some atmosphere and sense of occasion back into Ibrox Stadium on match days and on this occasion with a banner worthy of flying from the highest mast ! Superb effort lads a cracker ! More of the same needed urgently ! Thanks for being Rangers men ! :sherlock:

How quality, I spent 7 years in Coventry and support Coventry when ever we can get to see them. Do you have a front facing picture? It looks excellant, if you do can you send me a copy.

Cov and Gers, they had celtic/cov t-shirts but not reangers/cov. They said I would have to direct to the manufacturer. To many plastic paddies about I suppose.

This is the best I can do at the moment:

covbanner.jpg

Great to see our fellow British countrymen (or those of any other nationality !) supporting our team. Whether our Coventry fans or our fans, such as those in Hamburg (for example - who's banner I regularly see professing a love for Rangers and HSV) are Scots, English, Germans, Prussians, or those from Basra, Los Angeles etc; .................you are all welcome. It's the bigoted and questionable attitude of individuals like California Dreaming that make we wonder where one's true loyalties lie.

This philosophy is a bit like saying that those in California, USA cannot support the same team as those living in California in Fife.

All are welcome here CD - even yourself because we are a broad church ! Just ask my Portuguese supporting, Benfica (Catholic) mate who is a Gers supporter...which is acceptable to me and no doubt my fellow brothers and sisters ?

Great to see our fellow British countrymen (or those of any other nationality !) supporting our team. Whether our Coventry fans or our fans, such as those in Hamburg (for example - who's banner I regularly see professing a love for Rangers and HSV) are Scots, English, Germans, Prussians, or those from Basra, Los Angeles etc; .................you are all welcome. It's the bigoted and questionable attitude of individuals like California Dreaming that make we wonder where one's true loyalties lie.

In a Hannover biergarten before the game:

DSCN0430.jpg

This philosophy is a bit like saying that those in California, USA cannot support the same team as those living in California in Fife.

All are welcome here CD - even yourself because we are a broad church ! Just ask my Portuguese supporting, Benfica (Catholic) mate who is a Gers supporter...which is acceptable to me and no doubt my fellow brothers and sisters ?

Welcome one and all ! Join the body of the Greatest Kirk in the World bar none ! :sherlock:

You must be one of the few happy to see the Tricolour waved by Tims or is that double standards

What's this obsession with tims and tricolours?

2 mentions out of the blue in one thread.

Are you trying to make some well hidden point?

And have you any reply to my request for you justify your comments (post #11)?

Sorry Manicore it would appear most things are hidden to you

Well my loyalties are not with the St George, England, Coventry or any other club It`s maybe because I`m an old fart but I GO TO SUPPORT RANGERS not display my support for any other team

Most of the banners on here now all relate to Rangers simply Rangers no other football club regardless of where my fellow supporters come from God Bless them

Nice but sad you feel the need to impart the fact you have a few RC friends that must make you feel good, but says more about you than me as I fell a friend is a friend

You must be one of the few happy to see the Tricolour waved by Tims or is that double standards

How many of your 487 posts have been snide remarks?

Probably about the same amount as yours ?

You're wasting your time with that one Thermo.

The point of you being on here certainly is.

Still got nothing to say about my request for you justify your comments (post #11)?

At least I back up my opinions.

That's the one of the many differences between them and us.

I couldn't care less if they wave the tricolour. Ireland is important to their history and while it may be a foreign country, that's up to Celtic if they want to celebrate that connection.

But this topic is about our fellow fans based in Coventry who proudly fly their national flag, their local team's badge and the Rangers crest. Which they have every right to do without ludicrous criticism. Makes me feel proud to see fans of different clubs of different backgrounds show their support for our club.

The top of this forum has a Canada flag because as well all know the forum owner is a proud bear who still supports his national side and place of residence. Should we remove that as well? Does displaying such an inappropriate symbol make him any less of a fan?

You cant really compare this to the tims and their tricolours. England is part of the union, as is Scotland, so can hardly be described as a foreign country, unlike the ROI. Also it is just one banner representing four people who live in England who happen to support Rangers. Why shouldnt they fly the flag of where they are from. Ive seen Canadian, U.S and Australlian flags at Ibrox, should we ban them to, just because they arent scottish? At least us rangers fans are prepared to fly the saltire, unlike the tims who are loyal to a country many of them havent even been to. Personally I applaud the people who made this banner for showing support for rangers, who cares that they chose an England flag? You seem to be the only one CD.

Ah I remember now.

CD is the guy who didn't want any flags at Rangers games as he felt it looked 'silly and childish'... But he is allowed to have an avatar because it's significant to him.

Now, what was it about double standards again...?

I couldn't care less if they wave the tricolour. Ireland is important to their history and while it may be a foreign country, that's up to Celtic if they want to celebrate that connection.

Wee bit of a turn around here or have you conveniently forgotten your comments the last time we visited the piggery when our flags were taken away from us, but the flags of a foreign country were allow to remain?

But this topic is about our fellow fans based in Coventry who proudly fly their national flag, their local team's badge and the Rangers crest. Which they have every right to do without ludicrous criticism. Makes me feel proud to see fans of different clubs of different backgrounds show their support for our club.

Also the answer to Manicore #11 in his own words, It is a banner made for Coventry fans who are named on it

The top of this forum has a Canada flag because as well all know the forum owner is a proud bear who still supports his national side and place of residence. Should we remove that as well? Does displaying such an inappropriate symbol make him any less of a fan?

It is a banner made for Coventry fans who are named on it unlike this forum which is run and operated by Rangers fans for Rangers fans... or maybe now its Coventry fans that its run for how knows any more

So English Rangers/Coventry fans from Coventry made a banner on the English flag with 'Coventry' written on it and californiadreaming finds it puzzling and offensive? Why?

Why? Good question and one he will not answer.

This not some kind of timmy 'love us, love us' plea, they are just a bunch of footie fans who love Coventry and Rangers.

My mate Kash who is mentioned on it has been to Canada, Bratislava, Molde, Livorno, South Africa and Germany to follow follow in the last couple of years. And Glasgow of course.

How many Rangers fans on RM can claim that?

So English Rangers/Coventry fans from Coventry made a banner on the English flag with 'Coventry' written on it and californiadreaming finds it puzzling and offensive? Why?

Why? Good question and one he will not answer.

This not some kind of timmy 'love us, love us' plea, they are just a bunch of footie fans who love Coventry and Rangers.

My mate Kash who is mentioned on it has been to Canada, Bratislava, Molde, Livorno, South Africa and Germany to follow follow in the last couple of years. And Glasgow of course.

How many Rangers fans on RM can claim that?

I don't see what the problem is. They support Rangers, they live Coventry, they are English (at least by current residence). How is this associating Rangers with the flag of St George? Sounds like some bears wanting to associate themselves with Rangers to me.