One for our invisible SLO ?

10 hours ago, 10pshortof17pound said:

I've never fully grasped policing costs in Scotland but have assumed that the clubs have picked up the tab and Police Scotland are never out of pocket for any given fixture ( goes without saying that it's between us and the unwashed is where the biggest percentage of the cost falls). Can someone brighter than me please explain this in respect of policing West Ham? -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43584859

West Ham are a law onto themselves.

The ludicrous deal the City of London signed when they moved into he Olympic/London Stadium means the taxpayer pick up a load of the operating costs.

12 hours ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Announcement at Fir Park yesterday before the game that tickets for their away fixture at St Johnstone would be £16 and kids get in free when accompanied by an adult.

Our tickets for the same ground were £27 and I think kids were £15. Don't give me that shite about increased stewarding costs as the number of stewards is decided per head of the crowd/tickets sold, so stewarding costs come off per ticket.

So - Mr SLO, how about taking this one up on behalf of the Rangers away fans? We get ripped off with away ticket prices week in, week out and we are financing these clubs. If they can put a game on for £16 per head - why are they allowed to get away with charging us £27?

Again, just like the Sellick out the Broomloan Rd Stand debate, it’s the simple concept of supply and demand. 

The stand behind the goal and Rangers’ section in the Main Stand was rammed so why reduce ticket prices? The next fixture at Fir Park will result in the same price and most likely the stands will be rammed again. 

So instead of your pathetic go at the SLO why don’t you organise a fans demonstration and threaten some kind of boycott/campaign? 

Would it work? Ask Bayern Munich fans! 

1 hour ago, Creampuff said:

West Ham are a law onto themselves.

The ludicrous deal the City of London signed when they moved into he Olympic/London Stadium means the taxpayer pick up a load of the operating costs.

The deal done was scandalous but you can't blame West Ham they are only following the lead of other clubs who profited handsomely from public money. There are two leading examples in the UK. 

The policing issue isn't part of it. Its the stadium security that they've got partly funded by the Olympic Legacy people. Not done them much good I think a lot of fans preferred to stay at The Boleyn.

13 hours ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

You're missing my point - the number of cops and stewards is decided per head of tickets sold. It's not a lump sum - so the cost per head should be the same whether there are 1,000 or 10,000 tickets sold.

If 1,000 tickets are sold at £16, then (for example) - steward and security costs may be around £4 per head (just a guess figure).

If £10,000 tickets are sold - there is no reason they should not be at the same price per head?

I agree fully with your OP mate, but the costs per head will be higher if the crowd is higher, as it means bringing in staff who'll be on overtime as well as regular hours staff.

2 hours ago, kplfishtank said:

As much as the SLO has his critics. I had an issue at the last Tarrier home fixture. Called him up and he was very helpful and would take my issue to the relevant parties. 

And..........................?

Problem solved?

2 hours ago, scottyc06 said:

It’s exactly the same as us charging more for Hearts, Hibs or Aberdeen as we do for Dundee, Partick or Motherwell! 

Any business should charge the maximum the market will stand, as long as Bears pay they’ll keep charging.