Q and A with Murty

jintybear

2 hours ago, Supersonic said:

"I was brought in under the remit to stabilise and start to move forward - and leave the team in a better place than which I inherited it in. I still believe I can do that."

In a year or so after he leaves he'll be saying he was a success just like those other bellends Warburton and Weir.

Also, Halliday's in the plans for Hearts? :megaanguish:

Mascot

2 hours ago, jintybear said:

A: "It's an ongoing conversation. We have to do what's right for the football club. The football club is bigger than any one person. I am an employee of the football club.

I think he’s spent the last week watching old Warburton interviews. I’m sure he said these very same words. 

Wonder why the Club even permitted him to do the interview.  What was it trying to achieve?

Reassurance that he's got enough command authority and respect from the players, and personal managerial nous to put out sides that achieves 2nd place for the end of the season?   Well if so then it's not improved my already zero confidence in him, the players, the DOF or the board.

Trying to garner sympathy?    That's probably a factor as far as I read it.

Hinting that his time is all but up?   That seems to me be inherent in what he's saying.  A case of messaging to the Support that they've only got a few more games to put up with the shite that's being delivered on the pitch and the farcical happenings off the pitch for this season at least.

A sort of defence of his tenure as manager?   A case of a bloke thrust into the hot seat again and trying to learn and trying to take the team forward, but when all's said and done he was just an utterly inexperienced in management guy who happened to be in a place at Rangers who was prepared to give it a go, whose only real defence is he tried the best he could.

Putting down an early marker that if the season continues to unravel and we end up finishing no better than 4th and having lost some of the dressing room (Miller and Wallace.....and who knows if any others are already distancing themselves from him), then he's going to play the card of 'I was just a rookie manager trying to help out and if blame needs to be dished out by the Support then look elsewhere for the real causes of the problems.'    I think that sort of interview is the start of him putting down markers for his own (albeit weak) defence when the end of the season reveals the damage that has been done in league position and in a squad ruptured by lack of belief in its manager. 

I hate these types of interview. He will take the party line and say what he has been told to say,

Once hes gone he will be giving interviews telling what really went on during this period.

If he believed what he was saying why is he still there. The players dont seem to want him, the board doesnt want him and most fans certainly dont want him.

Hes not the only cause of the current mess to be fair but he is responsible for some of it. The board were derelict in not appointing a proper manager and in running the club into the ground. Fixing this mess needs changes in the board not just sacrificing another manager.

Can any one see Souness, Walter or any other decent manager have a spat with a player and then avoid them for a week? 

What a clown. 

Tomorrow's game is now a powderkeg. Anything less than a win will set off a chain reaction. Murty will be sacrificed immediately as the board tries to save their skins but it won't be enough. 

Seeing the tims win the league will push even moderate fans over the edge and renewals will plummet. 

Hopefully somebody steps forward cos this board is not fit for purpose and must go before they close the doors for good. 

It's not an exaggeration to say the club is in great peril over the next few months.