kris1984

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, psb07158 said:

Listing Rangers on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange hahahahahahaha

Fuck me man. This place. 

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: 

It's possible due to King making an ass of it with TAB and having no NOMAD in the UK. It's also a way he can be more hands on with running the company if the HQ is based in SA and will help him comply with his SARS restrictions.

7 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

It's possible due to King making an ass of it with TAB and having no NOMAD in the UK. It's also a way he can be more hands on with running the company if the HQ is based in SA and will help him comply with his SARS restrictions.

No it's not.

17 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

2 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

How so? If the SA based sub fund could provide players etc like in the video i believe he could.

:lol:

do you have an lsd fetish?

4 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

How so? If the SA based sub fund could provide players etc like in the video i believe he could.

For about a billion sensible reasons.:sarcasm:

Much as I do not want Mr K at the helm, a bit of realism needs to be used in these type of discussions (and @Rfc52 says, lay off the hallucinogenic stuff)

2 minutes ago, NamibianBear said:

For about a billion sensible reasons.:sarcasm:

Much as I do not want Mr K at the helm, a bit of realism needs to be used in these type of discussions (and @Rfc52 says, lay off the hallucinogenic stuff)

I don't want King at the Helm but i do think it's possible, watching this video the location could be changed to SA

3 minutes ago, NamibianBear said:

To help you out a bit, and to once and for all quosh this stupid idea, read this:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/international/8643816/Bryan-Robson-caught-up-in-foreign-ownership-scandal.html

Now you can see why it is not possible (and a complete scam  :sarcasm::sarcasm:)

Thanks for the info 

13 minutes ago, NamibianBear said:

It was setup as a scam and breaks FA regulations.

You really should look into these daft suggestions a bit better.....

I was of the understanding that they were offering foreign owners a solution to their business needs. I will try to find the Dispatches programme – How To Buy a Football Club (mentioned in the article you posted) to understand fully how they broke FA regulations.

7 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

I was of the understanding that they were offering foreign owners a solution to their business needs. I will try to find the Dispatches programme – How To Buy a Football Club (mentioned in the article you posted) to understand fully how they broke FA regulations.

Let it go, it was identified back in 2011 as a complete scam to get money out of people.  Never mind the fact that a COMPANY CANNOT OWN MORE THAN A PERCENTAGE OF MORE THAN ONE TEAM AT A TIME  (FA rules)

1 hour ago, Sweetheart said:

48 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Go and have a lie down, keep repeating 'Project Charlotte' until the ambulance comes. 

I've said it umpteen times - the argument of "Who's going to come in is crazy"!

The Rangers are a very profitable investment if that investor gets them back into the CL, gets us our true identity back, staffs the club with properly qualified people, and gets the retail side back on track.

The problem is King. 

If/when he goes, I believe the investment stories could be true.

King is our problem.

1 hour ago, NamibianBear said:

Let it go, it was identified back in 2011 as a complete scam to get money out of people.  Never mind the fact that a COMPANY CANNOT OWN MORE THAN A PERCENTAGE OF MORE THAN ONE TEAM AT A TIME  (FA rules)

I didn't say King should own two teams. I was thinking more of a dual-listing structure .

The RIFC PLC could be listed on the JSE whilst the RFC Ltd could be listed on the LSE. That would allow King to be based in South Africa and the RFC Ltd company being based in the UK with no obstacles to getting a NOMAD A dual-listed structure would mean Rangers continuing to operate as a single enterprise comprising two separate corporate entities 

This could benefit Rangers by increasing its global profile, enhancing its capital raising capability, lowering its cost of capital and improving its access to international capital markets. If King did this I don't know what SFA rules he would break.

1 hour ago, Siam69 said:

Go and have a lie down, keep repeating 'Project Charlotte' until the ambulance comes. 

Project Charlotte was mentioned in the CW trial 

55 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

I didn't say King should own two teams. I was thinking more of a dual-listing structure .

The RIFC PLC could be listed on the JSE whilst the RFC Ltd could be listed on the LSE. That would allow King to be based in South Africa and the RFC Ltd company being based in the UK with no obstacles to getting a NOMAD A dual-listed structure would mean Rangers continuing to operate as a single enterprise comprising two separate corporate entities 

This could benefit Rangers by increasing its global profile, enhancing its capital raising capability, lowering its cost of capital and improving its access to international capital markets. If King did this I don't know what SFA rules he would break.

Project Charlotte was mentioned in the CW trial 

The example you gave to promote your idea was one of an attempted global scam that would not even have been legal for the purposes of the FA.  What you are suggesting is nothing like that example you gave.

There are stock market rules (I bow to anyone's superior knowledge on this as I am going on limited knowledge myself) that prevent doing exactly what you are suggestion (two SE listings effectivly for the same company).  I personally think its a crap idea and would not work.

As a question to answer a question (and based on this season's results):

Do you not think it's better to get rid of King rather than trying to find workarounds for him?

6 hours ago, NamibianBear said:

The example you gave to promote your idea was one of an attempted global scam that would not even have been legal for the purposes of the FA.  What you are suggesting is nothing like that example you gave.

There are stock market rules (I bow to anyone's superior knowledge on this as I am going on limited knowledge myself) that prevent doing exactly what you are suggestion (two SE listings effectivly for the same company).  I personally think its a crap idea and would not work.

As a question to answer a question (and based on this season's results):

Do you not think it's better to get rid of King rather than trying to find workarounds for him?

I'd get rid 100% but if we can't then we'll need a workaround to distance him until we can. I'll debate later at the moment i'm just going to log off after watching that heartbreaking game. :megaanguish:

EDIT: The structure I was thinking of would be something like this....

RFC GROUP

KING                 3BEARS

RFC PLC {JSE}        RFC LTD{LSE}

FOOTBALL SUB FUND                IP/MERCHANDISE

33 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

I'd get rid 100% but if we can't then we'll need a workaround to distance him until we can. I'll debate later at the moment i'm just going to log off after watching that heartbreaking game. :megaanguish:

Come up with a sensible workaround then but honestly, the sooner he is away, the better so let's not encourage him to stay eh?

The only people going to invest in us are those who don't mind losing a fortune, and  that's not going to happen. Until we show we are going somewhere, the board has direction, and the team/manager are showing that winning mentality there will be no worthwhile investment in our club! Who the fuck would invest millions never mind tens of millions in a club that doesn't know how to appoint a manager.

Archived