Andy Murray Retires

On 12/04/2019 at 11:45, KingKirk said:

Fuckin pathetic that their is no tennis on sky sports these days all Amazon prime 

Ahhh.

Yet another subscription if you want to watch anything good.

All competition has done is see the price of watching sport go up, and the quality and convenience go down.

It must be the only industry in the world where competition has been bad for the consumer.

It's no wonder piracy and iptv are soaring. Everybody I speak to is fed up with it.

2 hours ago, Badger said:

Ahhh.

Yet another subscription if you want to watch anything good.

All competition has done is see the price of watching sport go up, and the quality and convenience go down.

It must be the only industry in the world where competition has been bad for the consumer.

It's no wonder piracy and iptv are soaring. Everybody I speak to is fed up with it.

Exactly, I remember only paying a tenner a month to setanta on my digibox back in 2007 - all SPL games, what a bargain. Now I have to subscribe to BT, Sky and now Premier it's absolutely massive con. I have tried streaming and IPTV, but the quality and constant shutting down of streams is frustrating. It's illegal at the end of day as well, so you can't rely on them.

BT are ditching SPL after next season, so Premier and Sky will be the only choices.

It's interesting to see Amazon dipping into sports, the massive budget and worldwide subscription they have is no doubt leading to more billions of £££££s for the EPL when the Sky/BT contract is up in a couple of seasons. 

I would just like to be able to subscribe to Rangers TV in the UK, legally and above board so I can watch all games - the club gets my money instead of funding Sutton and Stewart and all the other rentagobs. That SFA rule about broadcasting at 3pm Saturday is totally antiquated and needs overhauled.

I’ve got amazon this year for tennis..

its like going back 15 year on Sky.

takes about 90 secs mins to boot up switching from sky to prime, and if you come out of prime back to sky to channel hop or check other sports, it’s another 90 secs back in.

i think sky are a bit to blame.. they made the tennis brill, easy access, and how it could be. They then chose to keep the big money in the EPL,  and bought all the golf, and F1, and chose not to outbid the rest at the tennis as fed, Rafa, Novak and Andy are the big money and are almost done, imo.

Who cares about baseball and mls?

obviously Americans and sky now have a tie in, starting with the epl and the golf.