Hope we stick with 4-4-2

Sparkle

3 hours ago, hammer93 said:

His final ball was poor but I was looking more at he didn't give their back line a minutes peace, Defoe gets the plaudits for being involved with most things good but I thought the 2 of them were a handful most of the game

Each to their own. I tend to look at impacts on a game, particular influential moments that you can think back to that player making a difference. For a forward it's often goals / assists, but can also be link up play, strikes on target, winning duels with direct opponent etc.

I guess I take his work ethic as a given, and didn't see much of the above that I expect to deem it a great performance.

I actually felt Defoe did better yesterday than Morelos, and he wasn't great either, but was good. But it's no big deal, he's still up there as our star man as far as I'm concerned.

23 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

Very much so. However, we can't have anyone scoring more goals that Alfredo, can we? Just have a look at the posts. Crngeworthy. Anyone better tha Alfredo is shite. Sad but true.

The quality of Defoe is a stck out, even though the best has yet to come. He makes the clever runs.

Longer term it's the Gerrard/Defoe way as Alfredo will be off. There is always the bigger picture.

Strange response towards our top goal scorer and best player.

Think 4-4-2 against St Mirren, Dundee etc at Ibrox is ok, but against the mhanks and the sheep i think 4-3-3 should be our formation. When we play 4-4-2  Tav looks lost without Candeias and Morelos can't play with Defoe. Think Gerrard's trying to fit Defoe and Davis in that's fine,4-4-2 can accompany that. But against Aberdeen should be 4-3-3.

35 minutes ago, Orange and Blue said:

Think 4-4-2 against St Mirren, Dundee etc at Ibrox is ok, but against the mhanks and the sheep i think 4-3-3 should be our formation. When we play 4-4-2  Tav looks lost without Candeias and Morelos can't play with Defoe. Think Gerrard's trying to fit Defoe and Davis in that's fine,4-4-2 can accompany that. But against Aberdeen should be 4-3-3.

I'd agree against teams like the the taigs and the sheep especially away from home it's got to be 433. 

The diamond 442 is the problem IMO. As our best play comes from the wings. We looked a lot more dangerous with the flat 442 with Kent and Candieas on the wings. I'd be using this when looking to play Defoe and Morelos up front. 

41 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

I'd agree against teams like the the taigs and the sheep especially away from home it's got to be 433. 

The diamond 442 is the problem IMO. As our best play comes from the wings. We looked a lot more dangerous with the flat 442 with Kent and Candieas on the wings. I'd be using this when looking to play Defoe and Morelos up front. 

Teams that play three guys in the midfield tend to boss the game.  That’s why teams moved away from 4-4-2 sysytems in the first place.  It’s not unusual for teams to come to Ibrox and pack the midfield either.  

1 hour ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Gerrard admitted that as well after St Mirren game we looked more dangerous when Candieas and Kent were on the wings, Probably the best way to play 4-4-2. But i still think 4-3-3 is our strongest formation.

25 minutes ago, TMB said:

Teams that play three guys in the midfield tend to boss the game.  That’s why teams moved away from 4-4-2 sysytems in the first place.  It’s not unusual for teams to come to Ibrox and pack the midfield either.  

1 minute ago, Orange and Blue said:

Gerrard admitted that as well after St Mirren game we looked more dangerous when Candieas and Kent were on the wings, Probably the best way to play 4-4-2. But i still think 4-3-3 is our strongest formation.

Problem is we've struggled even with three in midfield to break through teams that park the bus with the low block. 

I think in games with teams that will just sit in, we could play with 2 in the middle and still be successful.

Having the option to switch will help and keep oppositions guessing.