We want Dembele money for Morelos - Robertson

1 hour ago, gj923 said:

Not disputing that playing for your country gets you noticed. However I would not term him an international player after earning only 1 cap in a friendly.

Rightly or wrongly those down south will simply view him as scoring goals in an easy league. Dembele went for what he went for probably as a result of champions league goals, goals against us but also playing regularly in the French set up as well as having developed there. 

If Morelos goes in the summer I don’t see it being over 10m.

Think he’s under contract with us untill 2022 ? if so then I can’t see us accept anything under 10 million, especially with the wee Specky shitebag saying he wants dumbele dollars for him.

I think anywhere between 10-15 million with a sell on percentage and he’ll be off 

14 minutes ago, gj923 said:

I actually listed 4 reasons why potentially Lyon choose to pay what they did and you have focused in on a single one. If I was to guess its because mostly its because he has been involved in the French set up for many years so would have been seen numerous times by Lyon scouts, came through the PSG set up followed lastly by his goals whilst in Scotland including in Europe.

He's picked up a few of caps at each age group, he's hardly been a regular throughout. Seb Faure was more involved in the French youth system - Faure played every minute as their 19s won the European championship -  and came through the Lyon set up. It counts for far less than folk want to give it credit.

On 05/03/2019 at 09:39, Begby said:

Good thing to hear from the speccy tube, no doubt we will accept 10mil in the summer after that though 

Had an argument with my tarrier brother in law last night about this. Convinced there’s a £10m release clause since he signed his new deal. Never heard anything like it.

Morelos living in their minds rent free. Can not cope that he will be the most expensive transfer out of Scottish football. 

I don't know why people are dismissing the £20m price tag. A player is only worth what someone is willing to pay so if the don't pay the fee we want then he stays. Teams down south have paid a hell of a lot more for "potential". 

4 minutes ago, Hutton2008 said:

Had an argument with my tarrier brother in law last night about this. Convinced there’s a £10m release clause since he signed his new deal. Never heard anything like it.

Morelos living in their minds rent free. Can not cope that he will be the most expensive transfer out of Scottish football. 

Our MD talks about figures in the region of 20m and beggars still convinced he can leave for 10 😂

32 minutes ago, The Dude said:

He's picked up a few of caps at each age group, he's hardly been a regular throughout. Seb Faure was more involved in the French youth system - Faure played every minute as their 19s won the European championship -  and came through the Lyon set up. It counts for far less than folk want to give it credit.

50 odd caps at different age groups including 18 at u21 when he joined them meant he was in front of french scouts/coaches frequently the last few years. At the end of the day only Lyon know why they paid what they paid and he was never out player so I am only really interested in what Morelos goes for. However I hold out hope that he will actually stay for one more season.

22 minutes ago, jintybear said:

I don't know why people are dismissing the £20m price tag. A player is only worth what someone is willing to pay so if the don't pay the fee we want then he stays. Teams down south have paid a hell of a lot more for "potential". 

It’s not as simple as that these days. Players hold all the cards. We can turn around and say he isn’t going anywhere and then he can down tools and act the cunt until he effectively forces through a move.

3 hours ago, The Dude said:

He scored in two draws, a 7-1 pumping and then qualifiers against the likes of Alaskert and Beer Sheva. Peter Lovenkrands scored as many CL goals as Dembele did. Billy Dodds is just behind Dembele in CL qualifying goals.

Scoring goals in the CL groups that dont really count for much, don't really count for much. Do you really think Lyon gave a shit that he scored the first goal in a 7-1 humiliation?

He scored two goals that got a draw against a team that was managed by the best in the world, and went to PSG and scored. Results don't particularly matter when it comes it somebody's goal record.

5 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Really would prefer him not to go to Leicester. Want him to excel and progress, whilst I want Brenda to epically fail.

I'm the opposite, as it goes. If we can get 15 million (guessing like every other cunt) and get a decent sell on fee, I think working with him would only improve his game and with that means he could go for double that (guessing again) say what u like about Rodgers but that's his thing, he improves young, hungry players. Genuinely think it would be the perfect move for Morelos. Would still be happy enough for him to stay another year if the price isn't right though.

1 minute ago, Happymeal said:

I'm the opposite, as it goes. If we can get 15 million (guessing like every other cunt) and get a decent sell on fee, I think working with him would only improve his game and with that means he could go for double that (guessing again) say what u like about Rodgers but that's his thing, he improves young, hungry players. Genuinely think it would be the perfect move for Morelos. Would still be happy enough for him to stay another year if the price isn't right though.

Hi Happymeal

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

He scored two goals that got a draw against a team that was managed by the best in the world, and went to PSG and scored. Results don't particularly matter when it comes it somebody's goal record.

Will Grigg scored a winner against them. Folk get far too caught up in one game. There was another seven CL group games where he contributed nothing. Clubs aren't sitting deciding how much to bid for a player and thinking to themselves that he scored in this CL game so that adds 5million to his fee.

What were hoping for is clubs with money to burn coming in for him... Leipzig? , newly promoted Leeds say ? I'd be EPL clubs ..

Bottom line is morelos is a finisher and to get into this positions and score is a talent and you'll do that in most league's 

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Will Grigg scored a winner against them. Folk get far too caught up in one game. There was another seven CL group games where he contributed nothing. Clubs aren't sitting deciding how much to bid for a player and thinking to themselves that he scored in this CL game so that adds 5million to his fee.

Will Grigg was a 26 year old that had already proved himself to be a failure at championship level.

1 hour ago, Hutton2008 said:

If there was a 10m release clause why would we come out and say we would be looking for a 20m fee before letting him go.  Makes no sense mate.

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

It’s not as simple as that these days. Players hold all the cards. We can turn around and say he isn’t going anywhere and then he can down tools and act the cunt until he effectively forces through a move.

True.