Clarity

MacBoyd

1 hour ago, Cedrick said:

53B4A2E8-B585-4233-8B9B-C5546283C2D7.jpeg

Everyone is looking for clarity on what is banned or not but lists like this don’t help, it needs to be RSC supporter club led with the UB and finally sanctioned by the club.

With respect to the above what about;

Andy Halliday - Hates the pope and the IRA

Blue Flag - Mastered by no Fenian bastard

Here Lies a Soldier - Erin’s Fenian valley

The list could go on to ridiculous levels as the majority of songs can be deemed “offensive” as everyone’s level of offence is different.

We need to find a way to buy some time to sort this out at supporter level as the board are not going to take the lead.

It’s hate speech that has got us where we are.

I’m as loyal and staunch as the next man, been brought up in the seventies and eighties where my Dad and brother were in  flute bands. I do hate the fenian bastards and wouldn’t proclaim anything else.

it’s a flawed law they have us by, but we are over a barrel, we must conform to it. Unless we have someone who will take uefa on with their wording because we are far from a racist club.

Which had me thinking what can we sing? 

I came to the conclusion that this could actually be a good thing, bare  with me....

I ask why are we still singing about that mob anyway? 

We sing fuck Bobby sands as an add on why?  

If anything it adds to the wee skinny cunts martyrdom.

FF we sing “Celt*c know all about our troubles” why?

it only implies that we give a fuck about them.

I think songs should be changed.

like super Rangers for example

its a rousing anthem the stadium rocks to it a slight change of words won’t matter a fuck tbh, if anything that is a Millwall song that we changed the words to anyway.

TBB is the same get it changed to something positive about Rangers instead of mentioning that horrible lot across the city.

You see I hate fenians for atrocities committed against my people and I won’t be told I can’t voice that, I certainly won’t be voicing that at Ibrox or anywhere I follow Rangers tho.

we can sing pretty much anything that doesn’t mention any group, the only group we really should be singing about is the group of lads with Rangers tops  on, they need us, make no mistake they need us.

we ditch that lot from our songs there is no hate it’s that simple.

we have ppl on this forum like @ForeverAndEver  for example who basically comes in threads and points out (nearly a daily basis) that another thread is descending into a debate about them.

There was a good saying ‘that the only thing Rangers and Celt*c  fans have in common is we are both obsessed with Rangers’

well I’m afraid that obsession is now a two way thing.

They are an irrelevance, leave them out the songs and there is no hate.

54 minutes ago, ayro said:

Everyone is looking for clarity on what is banned or not but lists like this don’t help, it needs to be RSC supporter club led with the UB and finally sanctioned by the club.

With respect to the above what about;

Andy Halliday - Hates the pope and the IRA

Blue Flag - Mastered by no Fenian bastard

Here Lies a Soldier - Erin’s Fenian valley

The list could go on to ridiculous levels as the majority of songs can be deemed “offensive” as everyone’s level of offence is different.

We need to find a way to buy some time to sort this out at supporter level as the board are not going to take the lead.

I think if they words are banned in the more sang songs , it’s banned in them all mate , c’mon 

25 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

I think if they words are banned in the more sang songs , it’s banned in them all mate , c’mon 

Don’t disagree mate and you can add a load more tbh, this is why we will never have a concise list issued to us so imo the responsibility lies with us as a support to police ourselves 

1 hour ago, HuistraHairDo said:

It’s hate speech that has got us where we are.

I’m as loyal and staunch as the next man, been brought up in the seventies and eighties where my Dad and brother were in  flute bands. I do hate the fenian bastards and wouldn’t proclaim anything else.

it’s a flawed law they have us by, but we are over a barrel, we must conform to it. Unless we have someone who will take uefa on with their wording because we are far from a racist club.

Which had me thinking what can we sing? 

I came to the conclusion that this could actually be a good thing, bare  with me....

I ask why are we still singing about that mob anyway? 

We sing fuck Bobby sands as an add on why?  

If anything it adds to the wee skinny cunts martyrdom.

FF we sing “Celt*c know all about our troubles” why?

it only implies that we give a fuck about them.

I think songs should be changed.

like super Rangers for example

its a rousing anthem the stadium rocks to it a slight change of words won’t matter a fuck tbh, if anything that is a Millwall song that we changed the words to anyway.

TBB is the same get it changed to something positive about Rangers instead of mentioning that horrible lot across the city.

You see I hate fenians for atrocities committed against my people and I won’t be told I can’t voice that, I certainly won’t be voicing that at Ibrox or anywhere I follow Rangers tho.

we can sing pretty much anything that doesn’t mention any group, the only group we really should be singing about is the group of lads with Rangers tops  on, they need us, make no mistake they need us.

we ditch that lot from our songs there is no hate it’s that simple.

we have ppl on this forum like @ForeverAndEver  for example who basically comes in threads and points out (nearly a daily basis) that another thread is descending into a debate about them.

There was a good saying ‘that the only thing Rangers and Celt*c  fans have in common is we are both obsessed with Rangers’

well I’m afraid that obsession is now a two way thing.

They are an irrelevance, leave them out the songs and there is no hate.

How can you have a debate on someone that is attacking you but not mention that someone

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Entire song even the tune. 

So by that thinking anybody in Europe singing that tune regardless of words are getting their stadium closed. 

Wont hold my breath on that happening. 

According to online DR even if we change wording of TBB we will still be hammered. It's the tune.

Does that mean Killie should have been sanctioned on their brief European journey with the Killie Boys and that four boys had a dream would also go as it uses same tune as The Famine is over ( Sloop John B).

Complete minefield where "offensive" words are not obvious. 

5 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Deluded if you think that will be the end of this

I’m not deluded mate this has been happening for 20/30 year this is just another nugget to keep the name toxic.

we just have no one in our corner, but it’s nothing to do with Rangers fc we would all love for Rangers to fight this but it’s not down to them is it? 

Rangers have no choice but to abide by the games rules even if they are flawed.

this is a social problem not Rangers problem.

I posted to suggest a solution which imo would work.

4 minutes ago, Brackley said:

According to online DR even if we change wording of TBB we will still be hammered. It's the tune.

Does that mean Killie should have been sanctioned on their brief European journey with the Killie Boys and that four boys had a dream would also go as it uses same tune as The Famine is over ( Sloop John B).

Complete minefield where "offensive" words are not obvious. 

If they sang their version then Yes, going by the rules. 

Banning a tune is just moronic going by anyone’s standards. 

2 minutes ago, HuistraHairDo said:

I’m not deluded mate this has been happening for 20/30 year this is just another nugget to keep the name toxic.

we just have no one in our corner, but it’s nothing to do with Rangers fc we would all love for Rangers to fight this but it’s not down to them is it? 

Rangers have no choice but to abide by the games rules even if they are flawed.

this is a social problem not Rangers problem.

I posted to suggest a solution which imo would work.

Until we draw a line there is no solution mate. 

They will just keep pushing and pushing it’s what they do and by god they are good at the long game.