Ross County Pitch

Ozblue

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

In summary, your point has fuck all to do with Ross County's pitch at all then and the tag of "disgraceful" is completely misleading.

Only you seem to think so, and if you read the post in full you would have seen that.

5 hours ago, Ozblue said:

What a bloody disgrace that with an average attendance of 3,849 they can put a grass pitch down that's as good as any in the country, yet Hamilton Accies with an average attendance not much less than Ross County, and Kilmarnock with an average attendance  of 6,894 continue to put down those fucking horrible plastic monstrosities that are an embarrassment to the Scottish Premier League.

What makes it even more ludicrous is that Hamilton and Killie insist they have to have plastic pitches because of the severe weather conditions, which in itself is a total joke when you compare Kilmarnock and Hamilton against  the Baltic weather in Dingwall.

Full credit to Roy MacGregor and the board of Ross County for  having a playing surface that allows good teams to show their skills with a ball at their feet. I wish them well and hope these other cunts get relegated along with their plastic bouncy surfaces.

You're spot on and if you remember, Motherwell's pitch used to get flooded every single season because it apparently sits below sea level so water from everywhere ended up right where their pitch is. They got that fixed without having to go to plastic so why do we "NEED" plastic pitches in our league? 

It's a fucking money saving scam so they don't need as much maintenance. 

3 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

You're spot on and if you remember, Motherwell's pitch used to get flooded every single season because it apparently sits below sea level so water from everywhere ended up right where their pitch is. They got that fixed without having to go to plastic so why do we "NEED" plastic pitches in our league? 

That's a polite way of saying their owners/board are either skint or too fucking tight arsed to spend money on a real pitch.

1 minute ago, Ozblue said:

That's a polite way of saying their owners/board are either skint or too fucking tight arsed to spend money on a real pitch.

If that's the case, the SPL should help them out. 

At the end of the day, its affecting the standard of our game. Those pitches should be banned in the top flight.  It's like having indoor football in our top division.  Bloody embarrassing. 

1 minute ago, Hadron Collider said:

What? 

Thd title implies that Ross County have a disgraceful pitch. That's what I was expecting to read when I came into this thread. 

Just a little mistake,  it happens...

But it's like the OT in the Bears Den these days. Thd lunatics are running the asylum. 

2 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

If that's the case, the SPL should help them out. 

At the end of the day, its affecting the standard of our game. Those pitches should be banned in the top flight.  It's like having indoor football in our top division.  Bloody embarrassing. 

Perhaps I'm imagining it, but didn't some cunt suggest that Rangers, Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs and the scum should help pay to remove the plastic pitches and install grass ones?

Just now, Ozblue said:

Perhaps I'm imagining it, but didn't some cunt suggest that Rangers, Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs and the scum should help pay to remove the plastic pitches and install grass ones?

Wit? Fuck man, never seen that.  Do you go on pie and bovril? Seems like something that would be written on there. 

6 hours ago, Ozblue said:

What a bloody disgrace that with an average attendance of 3,849 they can put a grass pitch down that's as good as any in the country, yet Hamilton Accies with an average attendance not much less than Ross County, and Kilmarnock with an average attendance  of 6,894 continue to put down those fucking horrible plastic monstrosities that are an embarrassment to the Scottish Premier League.

What makes it even more ludicrous is that Hamilton and Killie insist they have to have plastic pitches because of the severe weather conditions, which in itself is a total joke when you compare Kilmarnock and Hamilton against  the Baltic weather in Dingwall.

Full credit to Roy MacGregor and the board of Ross County for  having a playing surface that allows good teams to show their skills with a ball at their feet. I wish them well and hope these other cunts get relegated along with their plastic bouncy surfaces.

Great post mate. These bastards that have the plastic pitches should never be in the top tier. I always want them to be relegated. The “disgrace” falls on the authorities who allow this. 

3 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Wit? Fuck man, never seen that.  Do you go on pie and bovril? Seems like something that would be written on there. 

I wouldn't have a clue what "Pie and Bovril" is, but I would guess it's a Rangers related football site. This is the only Rangers forum I post on, but I have a feeling that suggestion was made by a fan from either Hamilton or Killie, perhaps on Facebook.

1 minute ago, Ozblue said:

I wouldn't have a clue what "Pie and Bovril" is, but I would guess it's a Rangers related football site. This is the only Rangers forum I post on, but I have a feeling that suggestion was made by a fan from either Hamilton or Killie, perhaps on Facebook.

It’s a Scottish football forum mate.

2 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Great post mate. These bastards that have the plastic pitches should never be in the top tier. I always want them to be relegated. The “disgrace” falls on the authorities who allow this. 

I agree with you 100%. If you remember, there used to be a rule that any club that didn't have a 10,000 all seater stadium could not play in the Premier League; perhaps they should have extended that ruling to plastic pitches.

4 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

It’s a Scottish football forum mate.

In that case, there is no fucking way I would waste my time on that shite. I'll bet its full of bead rattlers and Rangers haters.

1 hour ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

You are a bit off re Motherwell - its about 85m above sea level! I think it was a long terms drainage issue they had! For the record Ross County's ground is about 6m - pretty close to sea level!

26 minutes ago, savenosouls said:

You are a bit off re Motherwell - its about 85m above sea level! I think it was a long terms drainage issue they had! For the record Ross County's ground is about 6m - pretty close to sea level!

I seem to remember them saying that the actual pitch, not the town was sitting below sea level, but you could be right. I also remember them struggling to say why it flooded every year. They never had an answer so that might just have been an excuse put out by the groundsmen to give an answer to the many people who were asking why it kept on flooding...

Point is, they got it fixed without having to change to an "all weather" football pitch. 

Just now, Redwhiteandblue said:

I seem to remember them saying that the actual pitch, not the town was sitting below sea level, but you could be right. I also remember them struggling to say why it flooded every year. They never had an answer so that might just have been an excuse put out by the groundsmen to give an answer to the many people who were asking why it kept on flooding...

Point is, they got it fixed without having to change to an "all weather" football pitch. 

Correct - I suspect the Ross County pitch benefits from being low down , while drainage may be an issue it won't freeze so much given the proximity to the sea.

I agree with the Motherwell sentiment - it is a vast improvement from before - it was like a sandpit at one time, although I understand the ecconomics of a plastic pitch - I hate to watch the football that is played on it. Top Flight should be grass - end off!

1 minute ago, savenosouls said:

Correct - I suspect the Ross County pitch benefits from being low down , while drainage may be an issue it won't freeze so much given the proximity to the sea.

I agree with the Motherwell sentiment - it is a vast improvement from before - it was like a sandpit at one time, although I understand the ecconomics of a plastic pitch - I hate to watch the football that is played on it. Top Flight should be grass - end off!

Yeah, it's no surprise that it's the teams that were forced to build 10,000 seat stadiums that can only get 3000-odd fans most weeks that are having to use plastic pitches. 

That savings to be had by having a plastic pitch must be upwards of £100,000/year. That's a couple of players for these teams and could be the difference between relegation.  When they brought the 10,000 seaf rule down to 6000 seats if Killie or Hamilton didn't change to a plastic pitch then those teams would struggle to keep up with the likes of St Mirren. 

Can't blame the clubs, as usual, it's the clowns that run our game who are responsible for it.  

46 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Yeah, it's no surprise that it's the teams that were forced to build 10,000 seat stadiums that can only get 3000-odd fans most weeks that are having to use plastic pitches. 

That savings to be had by having a plastic pitch must be upwards of £100,000/year. That's a couple of players for these teams and could be the difference between relegation.  When they brought the 10,000 seaf rule down to 6000 seats if Killie or Hamilton didn't change to a plastic pitch then those teams would struggle to keep up with the likes of St Mirren. 

Can't blame the clubs, as usual, it's the clowns that run our game who are responsible for it.  

I wonder if you could offer some sort of cash advantage for clubs who have and maintain a grass pitch, so you'd make it less desirable to have a plastic pitch.

Personally I think they should just be banned in the top flight, but as you're alluding to the people in charge are lacking a sizeable set of baws.

50 minutes ago, Blueteeth said:

I wonder if you could offer some sort of cash advantage for clubs who have and maintain a grass pitch, so you'd make it less desirable to have a plastic pitch.

Personally I think they should just be banned in the top flight, but as you're alluding to the people in charge are lacking a sizeable set of baws.

https://stv.tv/sport/football/1435528-spfl-defends-use-of-artificial-pitches-after-pfa-petition/

Our illustrious football governing body disagrees with you about banning them.

1 hour ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

It won't be about the sea level, it would possibly be with regards to the water table in the area, which is a different thing altogether. Could also have been issues with underground streams, etc..

But I don't really care anyway.

15 minutes ago, Malvern said:

https://stv.tv/sport/football/1435528-spfl-defends-use-of-artificial-pitches-after-pfa-petition/

Our illustrious football governing body disagrees with you about banning them.

"Artificial pitches in the Premiership are additionally subject to multiple random and unannounced match-day inspections by independent certified and accredited FIFA experts, throughout each season, to ensure they are properly maintained and that they meet the exacting FIFA Quality Pro performance standards."

263143286_rugbypark.thumb.jpg.efdd83df60542e2c1e6806863ae87715.jpg

Yeah... sure...

Archived