Ross County Pitch

Ozblue

14 minutes ago, Blueteeth said:

"Artificial pitches in the Premiership are additionally subject to multiple random and unannounced match-day inspections by independent certified and accredited FIFA experts, throughout each season, to ensure they are properly maintained and that they meet the exacting FIFA Quality Pro performance standards."

263143286_rugbypark.thumb.jpg.efdd83df60542e2c1e6806863ae87715.jpg

Yeah... sure...

Depends how many brown envelopes you give them for their certification.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Malvern said:

Depends how many brown envelopes you give them for their certification.

It's a fucking state that pitch isn't it?

I'd be embarrassed if I supported a team which had that at home. What the hell must players think when they're taken for a tour before signing?

9 hours ago, Ozblue said:

Their ground might be fairly basic in the way of amenities, but I think Roy MacGregor is running the club in the proper manner and has his priorities right. For a little club like that to have such a great record of trophies in their history  is up with the best of provisional clubs, so best of luck to them, apart from when they play us, of course.

9EF30A84-8C9E-460C-9365-6A5EBAC3F3A7.gif

5 hours ago, MaddistonKnight said:

It won't be about the sea level, it would possibly be with regards to the water table in the area, which is a different thing altogether. Could also have been issues with underground streams, etc..

But I don't really care anyway.

Like I said, the point was that they managed to figure out and fix the problem without having to resort to an all weather pitch...

They reason why it kept flooding isn't really relevant, not now anyway.

5 hours ago, Blueteeth said:

"Artificial pitches in the Premiership are additionally subject to multiple random and unannounced match-day inspections by independent certified and accredited FIFA experts, throughout each season, to ensure they are properly maintained and that they meet the exacting FIFA Quality Pro performance standards."

Yeah... sure...

Is that bald patches or puddles? 

Or both?

The local artificial 5 a side pitches near where I live have been down for must be over 15yr now and are in a better state than that monstrosity. 

8 hours ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Yeah, it's no surprise that it's the teams that were forced to build 10,000 seat stadiums that can only get 3000-odd fans most weeks that are having to use plastic pitches. 

That savings to be had by having a plastic pitch must be upwards of £100,000/year. That's a couple of players for these teams and could be the difference between relegation.  When they brought the 10,000 seaf rule down to 6000 seats if Killie or Hamilton didn't change to a plastic pitch then those teams would struggle to keep up with the likes of St Mirren. 

Can't blame the clubs, as usual, it's the clowns that run our game who are responsible for it.  

That rule fucked Falkirk 1rst season brought in, Aberdeen stayed up and Falkirk were not promoted. Does people remember that??

Fair to say Falkirk came up again and had built new stadium by then, but were they are now.. very unfair imo..  SFA have bee  clowns from around 1995 with some if the rules

9 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

That rule fucked Falkirk 1rst season brought in, Aberdeen stayed up and Falkirk were not promoted. Does people remember that??

Fair to say Falkirk came up again and had built new stadium by then, but were they are now.. very unfair imo..  SFA have bee  clowns from around 1995 with some if the rules

Twice the sheep have been kept in the top league due to rule changes.

The year you mentioned and when we went from 10 to 12 teams in the league. 

Coincidence??

8 hours ago, Blueteeth said:

Yeah... sure...

Our National Stadium up here in the Faroes has an artificial pitch.. it looks nothing like that one. I have been on it several times.. it feels very much like a real grass pitch, actually. Its very high quality. The reason for it being plastic is simple.. we had grass for years and its simply not possible to maintain it properly.. it was absolutely horrific. Our weather is just too pish.

8 hours ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Is that bald patches or puddles? 

Or both?

The local artificial 5 a side pitches near where I live have been down for must be over 15yr now and are in a better state than that monstrosity. 

Looks like bald patches or discolouration to me. The weather in the photo looks too good for it to have been puddles.

Its a great advert for our game playing on that shite isn’t it?

5 hours ago, Blueteeth said:

Looks like bald patches or discolouration to me. The weather in the photo looks too good for it to have been puddles.

Its a great advert for our game playing on that shite isn’t it?

Fucking hell, I just chucked out an old threadbare rug that I had in the dog kennel that was in better nick than that fucking thing.

Archived