**Official Football Manager 20 thread**

MrMeeseeks

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, lewislaudrup said:

Am i right in thinking that way game works this year you dont need a good laptop to run lots of leagues

If the beta is anything to go by so far then it's the opposite. Everything has taken a hit for some reason, processing, graphics, memory. Hopefully it's all sorted when the full game is released but right now it's a nightmare to get through a normal game day. Had 8-10 countries on a large database running fast on FM19 but this beta has the laptop throttled in the Scottish leagues alone.

Had no real issues but the match engine is so broken at the minute - to be expected since it's the beta.

The shooting in it is absolute brutal - also I'm almost half a season and I'm yet to score a set piece, not even from a corner, or concede from one. Freekicks too always seem to get saved.

On 03/11/2019 at 22:01, philiprfc said:

Had no real issues but the match engine is so broken at the minute - to be expected since it's the beta.

The shooting in it is absolute brutal - also I'm almost half a season and I'm yet to score a set piece, not even from a corner, or concede from one. Freekicks too always seem to get saved.

My biggest gripe is playing out wide never square but instead shoot, even near the corner flag. I've seen a few people have the same issue as well. 

I'm going OK, 7 points behind that lot after 24 games. Morelos has banged in 20 so far. 

On 01/11/2019 at 06:10, lewislaudrup said:

Am i right in thinking that way game works this year you dont need a good laptop to run lots of leagues

Think you are thinking of Google Stadia. If you purchase Stadia you stream the game instead which should make it run fine on older machines providing the Internet connection is good. FM20 is launching alongside Stadia on November 19th I think. 

The beta is only available if you purchase the game in the traditional sense and install on your machine. 

Finished up my first season last night, wasn't too bad for a first outing. Seems like the ME still needs a working but then again it's always a little easy in the beta phase. Won the league by quite a lead, managed the Betfred Cup earlier in the season but fell to them in the final of the Scottish Cup. Fucking Wolfsburg beat me in the Europa League final on penalties as well, Goldson missing the kick to keep us in it.

20191109042537_1.thumb.jpg.f994fdc3487aa427dae8932cdf6cdbea.jpg

On 09/11/2019 at 17:26, MrMeeseeks said:

Finished up my first season last night, wasn't too bad for a first outing. Seems like the ME still needs a working but then again it's always a little easy in the beta phase. Won the league by quite a lead, managed the Betfred Cup earlier in the season but fell to them in the final of the Scottish Cup. Fucking Wolfsburg beat me in the Europa League final on penalties as well, Goldson missing the kick to keep us in it.

20191109042537_1.thumb.jpg.f994fdc3487aa427dae8932cdf6cdbea.jpg

Look at what the best match was in the season. Stevie May derby 

Struggled in my first season before some ridiculous end of season form saw us win the treble.

Made £93m in the summer through sales 😂 Brought in Kaba from Midtjylland to replace Alfie but managed to keep him instead, so Kaba is back up.

Just signed Turnbull who I wasn't that keen on, but thought it would be good for registration rules and he is a beast. Gets assists and/or goals every game.

16 minutes ago, Johnsey said:

Struggled in my first season before some ridiculous end of season form saw us win the treble.

Made £93m in the summer through sales 😂 Brought in Kaba from Midtjylland to replace Alfie but managed to keep him instead, so Kaba is back up.

Just signed Turnbull who I wasn't that keen on, but thought it would be good for registration rules and he is a beast. Gets assists and/or goals every game.

How 😂

Might want to wait till starting a proper save. The attributes are messed up for 80% of the players in the game, mainly hidden ones like consistency and important matches, where they are all set at 1. Referees attributes are also messed up with either being extremely strict and red card daft or give no bookings at all. They're looking at a fix for it later today.

3 hours ago, esquire8 said:

Might want to wait till starting a proper save. The attributes are messed up for 80% of the players in the game, mainly hidden ones like consistency and important matches, where they are all set at 1. Referees attributes are also messed up with either being extremely strict and red card daft or give no bookings at all. They're looking at a fix for it later today.

Yea, I saw a hot fix come out earlier but still working on one for saved games. 

Pens seem a bit insane, in 25 league games I've had 21 pens, scoring just 12.

Morelos just missed 2 pens against the scum in the same game before getting a straight red card 😂

1 hour ago, Johnsey said:

Yea, I saw a hot fix come out earlier but still working on one for saved games. 

Pens seem a bit insane, in 25 league games I've had 21 pens, scoring just 12.

Morelos just missed 2 pens against the scum in the same game before getting a straight red card 😂

Hot fix fixed the attributes for new games, not any saved games. The referee/pens issue is supposedly not tied to the same problem but a ME that they are looking at as well. Theres a screen shot going about where a guy got 10 pens in one match, crazy. 

Going to fire up a save with Arsenal now that's fixed.

Archived