What do we need to do between now and the summer

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, NixonRFC said:

We win the Scottish Cup, no more no less.

Fuck the experiments, try and win every single game, match by match and see where it goes, we need to install a winning mentality, that means even when you have a couple of setbacks, you get right back at it again.

This will hurt yer eyes because it hurt mine but I had a look at the tims soccerbase page to illustrate my point, this season alone domestically they won 8 games on the bounce then drew one and lost one, after that they went on a run of 13 wins out of 13 until we beat them at the piggery, since then they've went on another run of 10 wins out of 10.

Thats what it takes to be successful, thats how Rangers teams of the past were successful, we shouldn't be scared to fuck up a result or two, over the course of a season it'll happen, the reaction is the important part though, if they drop points they go on the front foot and go on a run, we get nervous and shite the bed.

I cannae  think of any seasons when we won as many as they have at this point & during there decent spells over the years the same can be said of them. Think it’s just a freak season, normally with the points tally we have at the moment you could be top or not far off it....

Scottish Cup win is a must for Gerrard and for the confidence/mentality of the squad. Progress in Europa league is a bonus and more cash in the bank.

We need to hope Alfie finds form again and we can sell him for £20m+. I think we would need to reinvest all that money, plus any other funds, back into signing new players. We may also lose Barasic, which will be a big loss, but if its 10m+ then it makes sense aligned to our business model. 

This is where Wilson need to show the value of his role, in that he should already have a viable list of replacements for Alfie and Barasic.

We obv need new players who can hit the ground running and players who can add quality to our starting 11. I think we need min 3, prob 4, to add to our best starting 11. Basically we need a good spine, potentially a new CB, dominant cm midfielder, a winger and another striker (we need 3 decent strikers in our squad).

Whatever we do is all relative to how much celtic strengthen. They'll likely have more funds to strenghen and are starting from a stronger position  Edouard will prob go along with McGregor so its dependent who they bring in as replacements.

On 25/02/2020 at 22:24, Glory awaits said:

I cannae  think of any seasons when we won as many as they have at this point & during there decent spells over the years the same can be said of them. Think it’s just a freak season, normally with the points tally we have at the moment you could be top or not far off it....

2002-03 is the closest the comes to mind, we both only dropped 17pts that entire season.

Archived