Everything's to nice....

STRUTH82

.... About this team. 

Im not fussed about who is captain, but we are crying out for a Barry Ferguson type who would be letting those players know during a game that they need to pull the finger out.  Our best teams have always had a snarling midfielder who would go through the opposition and his ownteam mates if need be. 

McCall, Gattuso, Barry, Ian Ferguson..... The opponent knew they were in a fucking war. 

4 minutes ago, Coop said:

The other three yeah, warlike but Barry?  I don't think that was him.

Probably not in the tackling sense, but as many ex pros have said he was always on your case during a game and you knew about it after if you had a stinker. I'm looking around this squad and can't see anyone going tonto in that dressing room. 

5 minutes ago, STRUTH82 said:

Probably not in the tackling sense, but as many ex pros have said he was always on your case during a game and you knew about it after if you had a stinker. I'm looking around this squad and can't see anyone going tonto in that dressing room. 

Most of them would have came through "Football Academies" where they have been lifted and laid all their days. Too soft an upbringing for any of them to be prepared to do battle when needs must.

We've seen the last of those type of players, football is not what it even was 10 years ago, never mind 25 years ago when we had Fergie, Bomber, McCall etc etc.

Everything is too nice with our fucking board and background staff and players even.

The only real ambition in the club was Gerrard, took a lot of balls for himto come here, even though he now seems naive .

Shame for him, and shame for us he made the wrong choice. 

Archived