Euro 96.

Yeah, great tournament. Really good English team that weren't far off. Back when we had a good outfit as well that had plenty of Gers in it too. Unlucky not to qualify from a tough group. 

Would be worse now because it would be in shite, samey grounds. Back then it was Elland Road, Villa Park, City Ground, Hillsborough and so on. Grounds with different personalities. Helped make it interesting.

1 hour ago, smartypants said:

Absolutely loved Euro 96.

Was 16 and having the time of my life :UK:

Same here. Some memories. A good lot o brain cells got damaged that summer. And i mind the weather was excellent most o the tournament as well. Happy days

Was the first tournament I can remember watching in great detail.

I vaguely remember WC94 and my Dad says I watched a lot of Euro 92 with him but too young to remember.

On my wall I had a still frame of about 5 full page images of Gazza’s goal against Scotland. Think it came out the Express. Also had a poster of David Seaman after the penalty shootout against Spain.

3 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Was it England conceding a late goal to Holland that knocked Scotland out?

The Scotland England game was fairly even, just separated by the genius that was Gazza. Great game, both goalkeepers in unbelievable form.

Scotland only scoring 1 goal in 3 games got them knocked out, they went into the final games needing something like a 6 goal swing between them and holland, the fact england were 5up surprisingly against them should have meant had scotland scored a few more they'd have cantered into the last 16, instead they did a "scotland" and fucked it lol

4 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Was it England conceding a late goal to Holland that knocked Scotland out?

The Scotland England game was fairly even, just separated by the genius that was Gazza. Great game, both goalkeepers in unbelievable form.

Yip.....4-1 it finished, had it remained 4-0 Scotland would have qualified 

4 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Was the first tournament I can remember watching in great detail.

I vaguely remember WC94 and my Dad says I watched a lot of Euro 92 with him but too young to remember.

On my wall I had a still frame of about 5 full page images of Gazza’s goal against Scotland. Think it came out the Express. Also had a poster of David Seaman after the penalty shootout against Spain.

Rafa’s uncle missed the penalty that fucked them.

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Rafa’s uncle missed the penalty that fucked them.

To this day I don't think I have actually seen that game despite having the poster. It was the only England game of the tournament I didn't watch. 

Remember begging my parents for the GK kit Seaman wore in the Semi Final.

207932.jpg

:lol: 

2 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

To this day I don't think I have actually seen that game despite having the poster. It was the only England game of the tournament I didn't watch. 

207932.jpg

That’s horrific mate 😂😂

5 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

207932.jpg

I had this beauty, fuck knows why it was the only GK kit I’ve ever owned and I never played in goal, must have just like it for some reason!

EEC57DC9-168F-4B6B-AEF3-8B383F89E627.jpeg

Archived