Squad Ins and Outs Discussion

2 minutes ago, The Monk said:

To be fair Klimala (I think that's his name) has nowhere near the same kind of reputation this guy has. Iirc there were even articles in polish press basically calling him pish, still cant believe they forked out 3.5million for him.

Don't mention it mate if it was us Gerrard would be called a dud in the transfer market by the media.

Can add that cunt to the list of shit Lennon has signed for them over 2spells

As for this other forward I don't no enough about him to comment

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, The Monk said:

If its Weissman we should be all over that for that kind of money. Really hope he doesn't go to them.

Surely he’s too good for the SPL given his form in a league that’s arguably better. 

3 minutes ago, jjbscotty12 said:

Don’t talk shite mate he plays in Scotland nobody in Scotland improves us apparently.

I don't think there is much that would make us better tbf but we need to get back to the days of picking up the best talent from within the league. 

Just now, KingKirk said:

I don't think there is much that would make us better tbf but we need to get back to the days of picking up the best talent from within the league. 

There used to be a lot more talent in the Scottish league than there is now, I wouldn’t bother with anyone unless pre contract or free, far better value to be had elsewhere, Scottish clubs will try rip the arse out us and demand way more than players are worth 

6 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Don't mention it mate if it was us Gerrard would be called a dud in the transfer market by the media.

Can add that cunt to the list of shit Lennon has signed for them over 2spells

As for this other forward I don't no enough about him to comment

Yep they also signed a guy for 3million in January from the Israeli league and I cant even remember his name.

Lennon imo is incredibly lucky with the team he has inherited as most of his signings since have added little if anything.

1 minute ago, The Monk said:

Yep they also signed a guy for 3million in January from the Israeli league and I cant even remember his name.

Lennon imo is incredibly lucky with the team he has inherited as most of his signings since have added little if anything.

Soro the new Kante apparently 😝😂

3 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

There used to be a lot more talent in the Scottish league than there is now, I wouldn’t bother with anyone unless pre contract or free, far better value to be had elsewhere, Scottish clubs will try rip the arse out us and demand way more than players are worth 

Demanding way more is what happens when big clubs approach teams about players mate it will always happen.

I agree about the lack of talent floating around but those that are about we should be trying to get.

Ferguson I don't think is worth more than 2million my issue is these days we don't even try to negotiate etc we fuck around.

If we bid it'll probably be around 800k cause that's how we approach shit these days

3 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Demanding way more is what happens when big clubs approach teams about players mate it will always happen.

I agree about the lack of talent floating around but those that are about we should be trying to get.

Ferguson I don't think is worth more than 2million my issue is these days we don't even try to negotiate etc we fuck around.

If we bid it'll probably be around 800k cause that's how we approach shit these days

I wouldn’t pay more than 800k for Ferguson tbh, what did they pay for him and what’s he done to more than quadruple his value 

1 minute ago, 6superbarry6 said:

I wouldn’t pay more than 800k for Ferguson tbh, what did they pay for him and what’s he done to more than quadruple his value 

I dunno what they got hjm for mate. You could say that about every signing tho. Not every signing are we going to get value for remember. Sometimes needs must and IF we want the lad we will have to pay more to get him. 

21 minutes ago, The Monk said:

Quite similar to Rodgers to be honest. Eduard aside most flopped. 

Ronnie Deila built that team. 

Just now, KingKirk said:

I dunno what they got hjm for mate. You could say that about every signing tho. Not every signing are we going to get value for remember. Sometimes needs must and IF we want the lad we will have to pay more to get him. 

The question we need to ask ourselves is does this player walk into the celtic team. If he doesn’t then he’s not at the level we need to be signing.

Nows not the time for potential, experiments or gambles. We need proven, in their prime quality (within the context of the level of football we play). 

I doubt we’re getting quality or value from the SPFL. 

2 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

The question we need to ask ourselves is does this player walk into the celtic team. If he doesn’t then he’s not at the level we need to be signing.

Nows not the time for potential, experiments or gambles. We need proven, in their prime quality (within the context of the level of football we play). 

Nail on head mate, Lewis Ferguson wouldn’t make their bench, we need better than SPFL dross 

3 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Tbf mate he's got another 10/15midfielders to compete with ffs does he make the matchday squad 100%

We need a squad of 20/21 players all of a similar standard so that when injuries and suspension kicks in the drop in quality isn't so big

9 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Nail on head mate, Lewis Ferguson wouldn’t make their bench, we need better than SPFL dross 

That's rubbish mate your kidding yourself on 

Lewis Ferguson wouldn't make there bench hes a better player than Turnbull who they wanted last summer

Just now, KingKirk said:

That's rubbish mate your kidding yourself on 

Lewis Ferguson wouldn't make there bench hes a better player than Turnbull who they wanted last summer

He’s not better than Turnbull well pre injury anyway, Turnbull was hitting double figures from midfield for a pish Motherwell side 

Just now, 6superbarry6 said:

He’s not better than Turnbull well pre injury anyway, Turnbull was hitting double figures from midfield for a pish Motherwell side 

Well agree to disagree then mate😁 its all about opinions

37 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Hamilton wanted half million and the sheep got him through a tribunal for 200k 

18 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Kenny Mclean would be an excellent signing.

The new Dorrans. Playing in the EPL doesn't automatically make you good enough. He is behind Brown and McGregor for Scotland, so chances are he would be behind them on the park.

Archived