Dire Mebude Leaves for Manchester City

Broxi

3 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

How do you know they told him they’d make him the best defender in the world? Both those Tim lads will probably never see first team football but might be sold on for profit and that story will be told to every young talent coming to a club, a mixture of natural talent, first class coaching, a bit of luck and 100% commitment will get them there, sadly the majority end up in the arse end of football having chased a dream. 
Im not saying they shouldn’t btw, I’m just sad to see good young players being ruined by a system set up to fail them   

I’m sure it was in the article mate, from the boy himself. When they took him in for the first meeting they showed him clips of his own performances - can’t remember if it was strengths or weaknesses. They’d clearly done their homework & put the leg work in. I’ll see if I can find it - as I said a great read.

I agree what you say about the system. It’s old adage that out of all the youth teams only a very very small number will go on to be professionals. Some of that is done to the decisions they take, some of that is down to their ability and some, probably, down to the system.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Dapo's brother.

Why would you join man city as a youngster. They have a terrible track record of giving youth players a chance.

Under pep they've actually tried to bring through quite a few players with foden, Doyle and garcia(looks to be signing a pre contract with barca) the most likely to make it. Most haven't been good enough due to the world class standard of players they have but they do have a number on the fringes. 

Not a coincidence that Man City recruited a scout from celtic around 18 months ago. Since then Man City have signed three players from Scotland Laim Smith (Kilmarnock), Josh Adam (celtic) and now Dire. Smith and Adam were on the bench for Man City U18's when they beat Liverpool 3-1 at the weekend.

2 minutes ago, Elfideldo said:

Not a coincidence that Man City recruited a scout from celtic around 18 months ago. Since then Man City have signed three players from Scotland Laim Smith (Kilmarnock), Josh Adam (celtic) and now Dire. Smith and Adam were on the bench for Man City U18's when they beat Liverpool 3-1 at the weekend.

How good is Dire? What is his potential in your opinion? Was he one of our best prospects? 

22 minutes ago, Blues Brother said:

How good is Dire? What is his potential in your opinion? Was he one of our best prospects? 

Just my opinion of course. Our 2004's are a really good batch with Leon King and Charlie Lindsay being exceptional. I would put Dire behind that two along with quite a few others, very good players who could develop. Like his brother he can be a bit hot and cold, a wee bit surprised that Man City thought he was one for them. He is not currently at the level of King and Lindsay and is certainly not a Gilmour.

A good prospect but not an exceptional one.

18 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Kinda off topic but nathan young coombes apparently left us at the start of lockdown didnt he, recent tweets shows him as scoring for us again and him being chuffed at it

Wonder what happened there? 

Change of heart maybe ?

2 hours ago, Elfideldo said:

Just my opinion of course. Our 2004's are a really good batch with Leon King and Charlie Lindsay being exceptional. I would put Dire behind that two along with quite a few others, very good players who could develop. Like his brother he can be a bit hot and cold, a wee bit surprised that Man City thought he was one for them. He is not currently at the level of King and Lindsay and is certainly not a Gilmour.

A good prospect but not an exceptional one.

Is Lindsay comparable to Gilmour or a level below?

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Yeah, just remember apparently the deal was done and he was off, sure there was a decent length thread about him on here 

Good he stayed, always looked a bit decent, think he'll get a breakthrough here? 

At the moment not much has changed, his contract is still up in the summer. 

Just now, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Is Lindsay comparable to Gilmour or a level below?

Haven't seen enough of Charlie, only around half a dozen times over three years and the ALKASS Cup games which were broadcast live.

Big EPL clubs were interested but he commited to Rangers at a young age.

Don't even know what games he has played in this season never mind how he has played.

1 minute ago, Elfideldo said:

Haven't seen enough of Charlie, only around half a dozen times over three years and the ALKASS Cup games which were broadcast live.

Big EPL clubs were interested but he commited to Rangers at a young age.

Don't even know what games he has played in this season never mind how he has played.

Fair enough mate.

Hope there's some growing in him as he's another that can't be much taller than 5'5" but certainly seems to be a great talent for his age.

Archived