Goal difference

Colin Traive

53 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

It’s not really worth an extra point, if they do catch us by winning their 3 games in hand and we lose 3 whilst they win three then it’s likely that the goal difference becomes similar.

for the record I don’t believe they will win their 3 games in hand nor will we lose 3. The point is it’s not worth an extra  point. There’s only one thing relevant, we are7 points ahead of their maximum and that’s what we focus on. If we do that and keep winning we should be fine 

I take your point to an extent but our GD is almost double theirs and I really can’t see us conceding many goals, never mind lose a string of games.

I think they’ll still win most of their remaining games and they may well score quite a few as well but their defence is so poor that they are more likely to win 3-2 than 3-0 so clawing back the goals deficit is very unlikely.

Don't think we’ll need GD to win the title to be honest but I welcome every opportunity to highlight how well we’re doing this season.

5 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

I take your point to an extent but our GD is almost double theirs and I really can’t see us conceding many goals, never mind lose a string of games.

I think they’ll still win most of their remaining games and they may well score quite a few as well but their defence is so poor that they are more likely to win 3-2 than 3-0 so clawing back the goals deficit is very unlikely.

Don't think we’ll need GD to win the title to be honest but I welcome every opportunity to highlight how well we’re doing this season.

Yea( I agree but the point is it was said it’s an extra point, it’s not. If they do manage to get equal in points with us you can be sure the goal difference will come down to around 4-5 making it tight. Again I’m not saying they will or won’t draw level I’m just saying it’s not worth an extra point, 

Archived