Nothing to see here, move on

BLUEDIGNITY

10 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

Agreed, but that’s what compliance officers and referee committee’s are using.

So in the interests of consistency...

They'll be using footage, not stills.

13 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Both. Which makes sense. Stills are largely pointless though. Slow-mo on its own is infinitely more informative than stills as well.

It's the Sportscene that's been used to make decisions re Roofe and Morelos, not stills

Just now, Big Al II said:

So they won’t freeze, rewind, forward, pause just like VAR? Really?

They generally won't judge anything on a freeze, no.

Besides, seeing a frozen image having watched it in full speed from various angles and in slow mo so that it can be judged in the fullest context would be different from making a judgement based on a still image in isolation. As the thread seems to want us to do.

If you're freezing, rewinding, forwarding you're using... footage. Analysed in as many ways as possible.

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

They generally won't judge anything on a freeze, no.

Besides, seeing a frozen image having watched it in full speed from various angles and in slow mo so that it can be judged in the fullest context would be different from making a judgement based on a still image in isolation. As the thread seems to want us to do.

If you're freezing, rewinding, forwarding you're using... footage. Analysed in as many ways as possible.

If you freeze footage, it’s a still. Not quite sure what else it could be described as.

They won’t use just a still...of course. But that wasn’t the point!

1 minute ago, Big Al II said:

If you freeze footage, it’s a still. Not quite sure what else it could be described as.

They won’t use just a still...of course. But that wasn’t the point!

Stills being largely pointless for judging this IS the point. Derives from the OP posting a still in isolation.

Doubt they'll use stills at all tbh for challenges. Super slow mo at times, but not stills.

5 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

Stills and slowed down videos are ridiculous ways of showing tackles

That was the quote I replied to... slow mo’s are undoubtedly used, if they’re frozen, they’re stills!

I sincerely doubt they use freezes seeing as refs don't when they're looking at challenges on their TV. 

Why would they? Pretty pointless.

3 minutes ago, Inigo said:

I sincerely doubt they use freezes seeing as refs don't when they're looking at challenges on their TV. 

Why would they? Pretty pointless.

“If you're freezing, rewinding, forwarding you're using... footage. Analysed in as many ways as possible”

Freezing is a still, not quite sure what your point is!

2 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

“If you're freezing, rewinding, forwarding you're using... footage. Analysed in as many ways as possible”

Freezing is a still, not quite sure what your point is!

That I sincerely doubt they use freezes or stills or whatever you want to call it.

I honestly think we are heading down the wrong route here, citing this citing that citing the next thing retrospective blah blah, 100% we are in the crosshairs of the corrupt atm and Gerrard was spot on with requesting consistency, but ffs the game we know and love is full blooded with honest meaty challenges, i would have it no other way.

1 hour ago, Big Al II said:

You don’t think they’re using slow mo’s, with  footage frozen as stills to review incidents?

I dont think they're using stills and slowmos as you said.

I think they're using real time footage from all angles then slowed footage if necessary.

I just don't think they're doing it well, and there's bias in the decisions even selected for that process.

The consistency in our game is completely non existent. 

Worst tackle I've seen this season in Scotland was that dirty bastard Edwards on Morelos at Ibrox. 

Morelos stretchered off, not even a yellow given. No retrospective action given.

Roofes tackle on Davidson was a bad one, fair enough, but he's been booked, additionally banned and Davidson continued to play. 

Where the fuck is the consistency in that?

0_JS218707339.jpg

Screenshot_20210206-231938_BBC Sport.jpg

9 hours ago, Big Al II said:

You just said freezing is analysing footage in as many ways as possible. I was quoting your post!

Separate point in relation to something you said. I didn't say I think they'd use freezes. They won't.

The crux of the matter is emphasised once again by the fact that there was no highlighting of this incident (nor indeed the kick in the chest of Soro by Cole) on sportscene 

If those challenges were Jack and Morelos the scrutiny and narrative would be screaming for the CO to investigate 

editorial control of the mhedia is at the core of the inconsistency and unfair system we have

Archived