The Number Of Free Kicks That Go Just Over The Bar. And Other Dead Ball Situations.

tannerall

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Essandoh said:

Aye alright Juninho :lol: 

Everyone was decent in those days skill wise, its just the higher you go up the levels the differences in skills become narrower and narrower, I played tops at Intermediate level, that's usually about 2 leagues down from games you get paid for. Decent Sunday league stuff.

Really good players I played were not lots better, but had more cutting edge. 

Basic, skills stay with you, these days I can still cut it on the 5 a side park with folk 20-30 years younger. 

5 minutes ago, TamCoopz said:

Just tried it there mate, 95% accuracy so roon ye 

No I meant on a park not your head. 

You can kick a proper ball ?

You do  understand how an outswinging cross from a corner can land on a goal line ?

2 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Everyone was decent in those days skill wise, its just the higher you go up the levels the differences in skills become narrower and narrower, I played tops at Intermediate level, that's usually about 2 leagues down from games you get paid for. Decent Sunday league stuff.

Really good players I played were not lots better, but had more cutting edge. 

Basic, skills stay with you, these days I can still cut it on the 5 a side park with folk 20-30 years younger. 

Prove it. Get down the park and film some corners and free kicks

2 minutes ago, tannerall said:

No I meant on a park not your head. 

You can kick a proper ball ?

You do  understand how an outswinging cross from a corner can land on a goal line ?

Early afternoon on a Monday and you’ve already hit peak Tannerall shite, can’t wait to see what’s in store for the rest of the week 

Edit- do you know what an outswinger is btw? 

Just now, TamCoopz said:

Early afternoon on a Monday and you’ve already hit peak Tannerall shite, can’t wait to see what’s in store for the rest of the week 

Well maybe discussing football would be a start, you have played it ? Your comments are seldom about football.

12 minutes ago, RfcSevco said:

Think I seen a few weeks back we were the best in the league but it was 1 goal from every 14 or 15 corners on average 

Which is way higher than the average across Europe’s top five leagues.

In the past 20 years only 3% of corners have indirectly led to a goal and only 1% have led directly to a goal. 

Tifo did a video on it a while ago.

1 minute ago, tannerall said:

Well maybe discussing football would be a start, you have played it ? Your comments are seldom about football.

The bears den is about Rangers but you’re making it all about you and your fantasy corners 

2 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Which is way higher than the average across Europe’s top five leagues.

In the past 20 years only 3% of corners have indirectly led to a goal and only 1% have led directly to a goal. 

Tifo did a video on it a while ago.

Tanners scores 80%

13 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

Aw I’ve heavy ripped your patter didn’t see it

Juninho hit better free kicks though

And even then he “only” scored something like 75 in his entire career, which shows that it’s nowhere near as easy as some people like to make it out to be.

Lots of ways an outswinger can land on the goal line, try it.  Right hand corner, Rright footed.

Hit the ball on the lower right hand side as you kick it, outswinger, get a bit of height about 10 foot on it, when it comes down it'll spin backwards to the right. The closer you can get it to the goal the better you are.  

Brazilians were the greatest at that sort of thing. Watch the 1970 Brazil team, they don't pass the ball straight along the ground, they're too fast for that, they tend to give it a wee bit lift and backspin so its coming back to the guy running on to it. Clever stuff, give it a try. And stuff like cushioning the pass of feinting the pass should be a real basic. Messi easily the best ever at that.

Archived