Think Ukraine overtook us tonight in coefficient

GOAT

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, stuart1994 said:

Aye, considering it could make life a lot easier for us getting into the group stage of the Champions League next year I would say yes you may be the only one.

Never once growing up did I ever hope other teams would help us get a better draw in Europe. We done it ourselves.

2 hours ago, RDB14 said:

I would prefer just individual club rankings rather than country rankings.  Shite that if scum FC win the league next year they get the CL cash despite being absolutely gash in Europe.

That's unfortunately the double edged-sword - we have to make sure they don't profit from our hard work/success, and the only way to do that is to ensure we keep winning. Although they'll still profit by getting less qualifying rounds. If they had both country and club rankings, the country coefficient could determine the number of clubs enter European competition and club ranking determine the qualifying round/group entry stage. Thinking out loud here...

Good draw for us today. Good draw for us today in regards to coefficents.

Kiev and Donetsk both tought draws and probably will go out.

We have a good shout of winning at least one game and going through.

Next year the scum will be losing 7 points and thats going to hurt the Scottish coefficent bad, unless they have a good run with us next season.

Side note: Only Arsenal and Villareal have done better points wise (15 pts) in the Europa league than us this season. Only only Zagreb and Donetsk have got 14 pts with us.

So i read that as Arsenal and Villareal are joint faourites to win it and Zagreb, Donetsk and us are joint 2nd favourites.  

1 hour ago, James Rolle said:

I was talking about the coefficient points this season and the prize of getting straight into the group stage the following season, thought that would have been obvious by my post. 

I meant he didn't know what he was talking about either :lol: not you. 

Archived