Request for help for a Veteran: House Torched, kids upstairs a sleep, Can you spare some small change please?

qwerty

Evening Bears,

Bears I appreciate that this issue is South of the Border, I also appreciate that people may consider this to be a scam, However I swear on my families life and 'one of our people'  that this is a legit request.

Mrs Qwerty (works with a local Veterans Charity) has come home tonight from her work and has explained the below and asked me to share the below in a hope that some funds can be raised. 

image.thumb.png.e5678be3797fa9eb19f01716f17a7f8f.png

Link to story in local paper:

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/19171193.watch-familys-wingate-home-torched-children-slept-upstairs/

The Story:

A VILLAGE has fallen victim to gang violence, arson attacks, robberies, and drug activity, according to angry residents.

Residents of Wingate, in east Durham, said the community is being tormented by crime and antisocial behaviour with some people afraid to leave their homes.

Homeowners said over recent months there has been a spate of incidents with witnesses and victims too afraid to speak out.

In the early hours, of Thursday morning, whilst a family were asleep in bed their car, home, and caravan were torched causing uproar in the community.

A house, together with a car and caravan parked on the drive, were damaged in the incident.

A 22-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of arson and is currently in police custody.

It came after victim and father Sean Ivey, (Veteran Royal Marine Commando) posted a video encouraging the community to come together claiming a group of four men walked into his parents' house and burgled them.

He said they were carrying weapons and threatened them both.

The Veteran in question suffers from PTSD and forgot to renew his house insurance and consequently does not have a pot to piss in.

Kevin Miller (former Royal Marine Commando who served with Sean) has started a crowdfunding page in a hope of raising £2000 to help Sean.

Can anyone spare a few bob and make a donation to their JustGiving Crowdfunding Page:

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/seanivey?utm_id=2&utm_term=6wPb2d2NE

Thanks Bears and Bearettes.

Regards

Qwerty.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Get a wee donation done tomorrow mate, Hellish story. 

Thanks Bears r us, most kind and much appreciated, 

Thankyou, any chance you could pass this on to anyone who could help please mate?

2 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Donated a few quid.

Absolute nightmare scenario.

House insurance should be something covered automatically imo. For all the cost of it, yet if you forget to renew it it can ruin someone's life. 

Agreed Mitre_mouldmaster, the lad has a brain injury and for reasons unkown to me, it was forgotten to be renewed.

4 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Donated a few quid.

Absolute nightmare scenario.

House insurance should be something covered automatically imo. For all the cost of it, yet if you forget to renew it it can ruin someone's life. 

Thanks mate,

Bears, 

Thanks for your help,

I can put my head on my pillow tonight in the knowledge that i have tried my best to assist a lad and his family who are in a shit state tonight.

Lads,

I am not a member of FF,

Is there any chance if someone on here is a member of FF that they could post this on the FF sight please?

Thanks

Kind Regards

QWERTY

2 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

No worries mate. Should also try to fire up on FF to get some donations. I was banned years ago, but think some on here could maybe get you access.

I got banned for a sash bash thread :lol:

5 minutes ago, qwerty said:

Bears, 

Thanks for your help,

I can put my head on my pillow tonight in the knowledge that i have tried my best to assist a lad and his family who are in a shit state tonight.

Good deed done mate 👍🏻 Will send something over 

12 minutes ago, qwerty said:

Mrs Qwerty says thanks Mate!

It is just something we do for fellow Bears/Bearettes mate, and as you can see a good response already. :cheers:

I will just pop in now and put a wee donation in. :thumbup: 

EDIT: done and shared on Twitter. 

1 minute ago, cascadeshrimp said:

Will make a small donation

Used to live in that village and it's been a mad house for years now, big gypo area although this incident looks like it's up the posh bit.

Thanks Cascadeshrimp,

Much appreciated

Archived