Request for help for a Veteran: House Torched, kids upstairs a sleep, Can you spare some small change please?

qwerty

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, TamCoopz said:

That’s a decent amount raised already! 

Not sure Tam,

Havent checked since ma Mrs told me about it tbh.

Ma Mrs and her gang at work are trying to get Sean and his family  some emergency accomm and close  for the next few days as there chipping about in there PJ's at the moment. :ang:

4 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Hope the petition takes off and they can get the exposure to allow them to rebuild.

My head would be completely gone if I had to go through that experience, and I don't even have kids yet who rely on me.

Looks to be going well so far, so I’d imagine they’ll get them a good amount to see them good again. Won’t help the mental side given what the guy is already suffering though 

1 minute ago, TamCoopz said:

Looks to be going well so far, so I’d imagine they’ll get them a good amount to see them good again. Won’t help the mental side given what the guy is already suffering though 

Just got to hope that if they do get a good amount raised that they will have the low of what they have been through negated with the kindness that flows their way.

Poor lad will be cursing the evil wee pricks who attacked them and also beating himself up for the insurance mistake where £100 has cost him hundreds of thousands.

Hi All,

Thanks for donating and sharing this,

Ma Mrs has contacted a DIY TV show and asked them for help.

If they make an episode out of this, i will be sure that Mrs Qwerty doffs her cap to the members of this forum live on tv.

I will ensure that Mrs Qwerty will be wearing her ltd edition 55 shirt as well!

You Are The People!!!!

Thanks so much for your help with this.

Kind regards

Qwerty

Just now, Zetland said:

Just noticed your thread @qwerty

Will send a wee donation shortly. Good on you and Mrs qwerty for highlighting.

Thinking of all involved as this is such a terrible thing to happen to any family. :UK:

Thanks Zetland

Hopefully enough is raised to move him away from there. it isnt the first time he has been targeted sadly, and maybe this is a blessing in disguise in the form of a fresh start somewhere new away from the scum that sadly inhabit the same area as him. Can get a lot of house where I stay (which is only 90 miles away) for not a lot of money realistically.

20 hours ago, qwerty said:

Evening Bears,

Bears I appreciate that this issue is South of the Border, I also appreciate that people may consider this to be a scam, However I swear on my families life and 'one of our people'  that this is a legit request.

Mrs Qwerty (works with a local Veterans Charity) has come home tonight from her work and has explained the below and asked me to share the below in a hope that some funds can be raised. 

image.thumb.png.e5678be3797fa9eb19f01716f17a7f8f.png

Link to story in local paper:

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/19171193.watch-familys-wingate-home-torched-children-slept-upstairs/

The Story:

A VILLAGE has fallen victim to gang violence, arson attacks, robberies, and drug activity, according to angry residents.

Residents of Wingate, in east Durham, said the community is being tormented by crime and antisocial behaviour with some people afraid to leave their homes.

Homeowners said over recent months there has been a spate of incidents with witnesses and victims too afraid to speak out.

In the early hours, of Thursday morning, whilst a family were asleep in bed their car, home, and caravan were torched causing uproar in the community.

A house, together with a car and caravan parked on the drive, were damaged in the incident.

A 22-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of arson and is currently in police custody.

It came after victim and father Sean Ivey, (Veteran Royal Marine Commando) posted a video encouraging the community to come together claiming a group of four men walked into his parents' house and burgled them.

He said they were carrying weapons and threatened them both.

The Veteran in question suffers from PTSD and forgot to renew his house insurance and consequently does not have a pot to piss in.

Kevin Miller (former Royal Marine Commando who served with Sean) has started a crowdfunding page in a hope of raising £2000 to help Sean.

Can anyone spare a few bob and make a donation to their JustGiving Crowdfunding Page:

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/seanivey?utm_id=2&utm_term=6wPb2d2NE

Thanks Bears and Bearettes.

Regards

Qwerty.

:thumbup:

Archived