Last Minute Goals

What is it with us and losing last minute goals???

Just off the top of my head - St Johnstone x2, St. Mirren, Young Boys, Hamilton, possibly Aberdeen in SG first game? No doubt there’s more

Are we just unlucky or is it bad decisions from the players or the way we setup that we are to open so late in the game?

Absolutely raging - Pathetic in both cups

Up until the St. Johnstone double header it hadn't really been a problem this season. We've won loads of games by a single goal so I don't think it's a mentality thing. 

I think since the league has been wrapped up we've phoned it in. 

2 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

It’s a pretty small sample size v the games we haven’t lost late goals TBH.

Don't agree we lose more last second crucial goals than anyone. The other way to look at it is actually more negative, we are only 1 ahead in too many going into the last second.

1 minute ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

I would question if there is any kind of evidence to validate that claim, seems wild TBH. 

Never known a Rangers fan to be so accepting of mediocrity. Doubt you are one tbh. 

2 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

I would question if there is any kind of evidence to validate that claim, seems wild TBH. 

Fair to be critical of the last minute goals in the cups this season, but overall in the league it's not been a problem. 

2 minutes ago, SPWF said:

Never known a Rangers fan to be so accepting of mediocrity. Doubt you are one tbh. 

I don’t really see the original post as “mediocrity” - we apparently have an issue with late goals, it’s reaching to say it TBH when the evidence being used are two of the managers first 3 games in charge 2 seasons ago. 

18 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

I don’t really see the original post as “mediocrity” - we apparently have an issue with late goals, it’s reaching to say it TBH when the evidence being used are two of the managers first 3 games in charge 2 seasons ago. 

6 cups 0 wins. That’s even less than mediocre. 

Benfica 3 - 3 Rangers to add another.

Im surprised there’s such a wide discrepancy between fans around the team losing late goals - The evidence is there over the last 3 years that consistently it happens.

It hasn’t been until lately an issue in the league this season but in the Cup competitions we just can’t hold on

Just now, Super Ally Scores Again! said:

Benfica 3 - 3 Rangers to add another.

Im surprised there’s such a wide discrepancy between fans around the team losing late goals - The evidence is there over the last 3 years that consistently it happens.

It hasn’t been until lately an issue in the league this season but in the Cup competitions we just can’t hold on

You've listed last gasp goals and I think that is an alarming amount. However we have lost a lot more from 80mins on too. Gerrard himself tonight says it's an issue.

Archived