Gio Discussion Thread

stevemac

1 minute ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

I think I stated previously we/Gio done well in Europe, but papering over the cracks of letting they cunts win the league last year, and favourites this year. What part of that aren't you getting? 

I never mentioned Europe? He won 8? On the bounce when he came in, same playstyle as now, wasn’t thread after thread of comments greeting about it, which shows results are all that matters 

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

I never mentioned Europe? He won 8? On the bounce when he came in, same playstyle as now, wasn’t thread after thread of comments greeting about it, which shows results are all that matters 

If results are all that matters. How are we 5 behind in the league? 

If you don't need to play well to win games but still pick up points, how are we behind still? 

3 minutes ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

If you want to play a high press/or just pressing opposition players then we need younger fitter players that are committed to the cause. 

That said, we need a manager that wants to play that way also, rather than all the lethargic shit we've being dishing up :sad:

yup we need a new manager who will get these players going for the season but as i said before and got laughed at on here is that we need one new keeper at least, 2/3 in midfield, a striker and a right winger along with a good clear out starting with mcgregor davis etc, including those on a long term injury who IF they get fit enough we only get 6 months or so before the board decides they are worth another contract then end up injured or not

its as if bain never left

8 minutes ago, Rowley Birkin said:

yup we need a new manager who will get these players going for the season but as i said before and got laughed at on here is that we need one new keeper at least, 2/3 in midfield, a striker and a right winger along with a good clear out starting with mcgregor davis etc, including those on a long term injury who IF they get fit enough we only get 6 months or so before the board decides they are worth another contract then end up injured or not

its as if bain never left

All good points mate, @ForeverAndEver has gave up because he's spouted enough pish for one night. :confused:

17 minutes ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

If results are all that matters. How are we 5 behind in the league? 

If you don't need to play well to win games but still pick up points, how are we behind still? 

6 minutes ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

All good points mate, @ForeverAndEver has gave up because he's spouted enough pish for one night. :confused:

Talking of spouting pish :lol: get to your bed man

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

If we win the league and the fitbaw’s shite all season, are you gonny be sitting there all depressed thinking about how shite it was? Of course you aren’t. 

No one wins leagues playing shite all season, and well you know it. 

You have a good way of "twisting" things though. Doesn't work with me :thumbup:

2 minutes ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

No one wins leagues playing shite all season, and well you know it. 

You have a good way of "twisting" things though. Doesn't work with me :thumbup:

Nobody has twisted anything, the point from the very start was nobody cares about how we play when we’re winning, because all that matters is results. 

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Nobody has twisted anything, the point from the very start was nobody cares about how we play when we’re winning, because all that matters is results. 

Well you must "care alot" because we won 55 stopped their kiddon 10 in a row, when they didnae even get 9 in a row to start with. 

Apart from the 55 season how well has your theory gone for us?

1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

So, you’re a hypocrite then? 

He gave us a trophy and a European final with a group of players that chucked it. He’s got a group of players that chuck it every fucking season.

When he leaves the same losers let us down, then you’ll notice he’s not the problem.

Never said the players take zero blame, it's others that refuse to put any blame any Gio. 

He has signed plenty of players now and extended a handful of contracts. If the players keep letting him down, he should grow a set of bollocks and drop them. So either he deserves criticism for his hand in poor signings (along w/ Wilson) or for the fact he is a shitebag manager. But going by his interviews, they don't seem to be letting him down too much anyway. 

Plenty of the players are playing utter shite right now, but I would bet my bottom dollar a better manager would get a tune out this squad. At least to the extent we don't look like mid table dross week in week out and certainly won't be losing 4-0 going on 8-0 to our rivals.

17 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

And I'll add, you don't win leagues without being on the ball, being consistent/hard to beat. You only get consistent results if you are cohesive as a team. 

It would take a miracle for a team to pull 1 nil results out their arse for a whole season, but you know that also. We have to improve massively and Gio has to alter his tactics, or we are fucked! He's too stubborn to do that though, much the same as you are too stubborn to admit it. 

9 minutes ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

Well you must "care alot" because we won 55 stopped their kiddon 10 in a row, when they didnae even get 9 in a row to start with. 

Apart from the 55 season how well has your theory gone for us?

Wit?

2 minutes ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

And I'll add, you don't win leagues without being on the ball, being consistent/hard to beat. You only get consistent results if you are cohesive as a team. 

It would take a miracle for a team to pull 1 nil results out their arse for a whole season, but you know that also. We have to improve massively and Gio has to alter his tactics, or we are fucked! He's too stubborn to do that though, much the same as you are to stubborn to admit it. 

You can play shite football and be consistent/hard to beat, we can play shite brand of football all season and win the league. Nobody would care because we won the league, how hard is that to understand?

5 minutes ago, Skyson1872 said:

Never said the players take zero blame, it's others that refuse to put any blame any Gio. 

He has signed plenty of players now and extended a handful of contracts. If the players keep letting him down, he should grow a set of bollocks and drop them. So either he deserves criticism for his hand in poor signings (along w/ Wilson) or for the fact he is a shitebag manager. But going by his interviews, they don't seem to be letting him down too much anyway. 

Plenty of the players are playing utter shite right now, but I would bet my bottom dollar a better manager would get a tune out this squad. At least to the extent we don't look like mid table dross week in week out and certainly won't be losing 4-0 going on 8-0 to our rivals.

And you’ve refused to give him credit for Europe and just wiped out the trophy he won?

He does deserve criticism for some signings, I’ve acknowledged that, and he should drop them, but then we’re left with a youth team essentially with how many consistently let us down.

4 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

And you’ve refused to give him credit for Europe 

I think I stated previously we/Gio done well in Europe, but papering over the cracks of letting they cunts win the league last year, and favourites this year. What part of that aren't you getting? 

That was one of my earlier posts ^

3 minutes ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

I think I stated previously we/Gio done well in Europe, but papering over the cracks of letting they cunts win the league last year, and favourites this year. What part of that aren't you getting? 

That was one of my earlier posts ^

The refusal part wasny aimed at you :lol: 

10 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

You can play shite football and be consistent/hard to beat, we can play shite brand of football all season and win the league. Nobody would care because we won the league, how hard is that to understand?

If you actually believe that, that's up to you. There may be varients which I understand : How well are your opponents/rivals playing etc etc. There are many mitigating circumstances, maybe that you don't "get" 

1 hour ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

Is that what I said. You know what I mean, so don't twist my words like that wank! 

To progress, sometimes you have to move forward. That goes for any business, not just football- which incase you've not noticed is more a business now, than a sport. 

No need to take a bitch fit I can assure you I wasn't 'twisting your words' 

To progress sometimes you have to move forward.

8 minutes ago, Ben10 said:

No need to take a bitch fit I can assure you I wasn't 'twisting your words' 

To progress sometimes you have to move forward.

Are you not just contradicting what you said to me earlier ffs. Go bk and read what  I said, you've basically just quoted me! 

3 hours ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Left us sitting four points clear at the top of a league that we were current and defending champions of.

People can bring up the “how long did Gerrard get” patter all they want, but at the end of the day Gio didn’t inherit a squad, team or club that was anywhere close to the mess that it was in when Gerrard took over so it’s completely different circumstances to compare.

He did leave us 4 points clear but the wheels were definetely coming off and that gap only existed because the tarriers had their worst ever start to a season. Gio coming in and winning his first 7 games delayed the inevitable that was coming whether under Gerrard or Gio. 

All this goes back to standing still after winning the league instead of rebuilding. 

I completely agree about Wilson, he's a total con man. 

6 hours ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Why is he handing out new contracts to them left, right and centre then? 

We’ve given out five new deals since the end of last season, and until a fortnight ago, we were trying to renew two more as well.

I get that it’s not purely his decision because he works under a DOF (who absolutely needs to go befor eGio does BTW) but ultimately he’s played a part in sanctioning new deals for a pretty big number of these serial losers.

Some want to believe he's only a coach and has no say on signings.

Bollocks. But even if it were true, his coaching of the team has regressed our style of play. And if any coach isn't strong enough to deal with the strength of power the players have then that coach is doomed for failure.

6 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

My point in nobody actually cares how we play, fairly obvious no? 

Too simplistic a view imo.

When performances are shite against lower level teams we beat, of course they're valid debates and worthy of concern, as we know what's likely to happen against better teams.  Especially if the performances are largely regressive and show little evidence of improvement. And especially if I'd appears largely attitude driven as much as capability.

So yes, results are absolutely the most critical factor. But it'd be naive not to consider performances given the almost inevitability of what they'll soon deliver if they continue at the level they're at.