Next Manager Discussion Thread

superallysbears

3 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

We could look to appoint the two of them.

bruce arena dream team, could even sponsor the stadium And that’s them basically paying their own salary.

kerching 

You can laugh but they all are vastly experienced and have won things.

Just now, RFC55 said:

Aye and so is Fabio capello 

Capello’s packed it in, if any of the suggestions have stated they’ve retired that’s different but until then they are realistic targets. 

First choice - Fatih Terim

Second - Bruce Arena

Third - Toss up between Bob Bradley and Mircea Lucescu

36 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

You've stated on here that winning trophies isn't enough for you and it needs to be done with a certain brand of football so sorry if I don't take your opinion on football seriously.

A club like ours in a league like ours shouldn't accept anything less.

Given the complaints about Gio's 'brand of football' btw I suspect it's actually the prevailing view.

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

A club like ours in a league like ours shouldn't accept anything less.

Given the complaints about Gio's 'brand of football' btw I suspect it's actually the prevailing view.

There was zero complaints about Gio's brand of football when it was winning.

You are the only person I have ever encountered who doesn't think winning is all that matters at this club.

Just now, The Specky Liar said:

There was zero complaints about Gio's brand of football when it was winning.

You are the only person I have ever encountered who doesn't think winning is all that matters at this club.

This 'winning is all that matters' is a fucking riddy when we play in the backwater league that we do.

It's monumentally the most important thing obviously but cunts like you wear it as a badge of pride in that anyone who also cares about how good we are to watch doesn't care about winning. Absolute nonsense.

Just now, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

This 'winning is all that matters' is a fucking riddy when we play in the backwater league that we do.

It's monumentally the most important thing obviously but cunts like you wear it as a badge of pride in that anyone who also cares about how good we are to watch doesn't care about winning. Absolute nonsense.

Well 99.9% of our fan base is a riddy then.

The second bit makes absolutely zero sense.

3 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Obviously the manner in which we play and win is important but winning at the end of the day is the most important thing no matter what. How many times did Walter play defensively and we’d win 1-0, 2-0. It wasn’t the best to watch for sure but that style got us to titles. The suggestions I have made are also based on how they play.

7 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

Well 99.9% of our fan base is a riddy then.

The second bit makes absolutely zero sense.

It makes every bit of sense.

Your argument is that we shouldn't care about 'brand of football' to use your phrase, only winning.

We're not playing in a league like the EPL trying to punch above our weight. There is fuck all reason whatsoever why we can't have winning and attractive football in the league we play in, it's not an either/or choice the way you're intimating it is.

Just now, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

It makes every bit of sense.

Your argument is that we shouldn't care about 'brand of football' to use your phrase, only winning.

We're not playing in a league like the EPL trying to punch above our weight. There is fuck all reason whatsoever why we can't have winning and attractive football in the league we play in, it's not an either/or choice the way you're intimating it is.

Show me one post where I have ever done that. Just one, shouldn't be hard.

7 minutes ago, MadSasa said:

Obviously the manner in which we play and win is important but winning at the end of the day is the most important thing no matter what. How many times did Walter play defensively and we’d win 1-0, 2-0. It wasn’t the best to watch for sure but that style got us to titles. The suggestions I have made are also based on how they play.

Never once disagreed with this.

The argument I've consistently made is we can and should have both.

On your first half of that sentence, clearly specky thinks 99.9% of the support disagree with you on that.

Just now, GetToTheChoppa said:

Erling Moe from Molde been suggested ?

If you're mentioning the Bodo guy then this guy needs considered.

Molde 15 clear of Bodo, got last 16 Europa League 2 season ago putting out Hoffenheim in last 32. Conceded 21 in 25 games in league so far this season.

IMG_20221015_123932.thumb.jpg.fe12239f5cacd8cbdb272229d9712f2c.jpg

I had a look at him too.