Next Manager Discussion Thread

superallysbears

Just now, Brackley Bluenose said:

The game has evolved hugely thankfully to the point where football like the shite offered up by Dyche, Allardyce etc is a thing of the past. 11 men behind the ball and lump it to a target man when we regain possession. 

35% win record at both Watford and Burnley and has not an ounce of winning mentality about him. Not even sure if he’s ever won anything, possibly took Burnley up early in his tenure there but I’ll pass on him being the manager of Rangers thanks. Awful shout 

Who’s your shout then? 

Just now, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Who’s your shout then? 

He’s not out of a job yet but as and when that time comes, it’ll probably somebody that plays an attractive brand of football, has a history of winning trophies and has a better win record than 35% in both of his previous tenures. 

1 minute ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

He’s not out of a job yet but as and when that time comes, it’ll probably somebody that plays an attractive brand of football, has a history of winning trophies and has a better win record than 35% in both of his previous tenures. 

Who are you talking about though? :lol:

Are you just making some ideal scenario manager up there and don’t actually have a name aye?

6 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

The game has evolved hugely thankfully to the point where football like the shite offered up by Dyche, Allardyce etc is a thing of the past. 11 men behind the ball and lump it to a target man when we regain possession. 

35% win record at both Watford and Burnley and has not an ounce of winning mentality about him. Not even sure if he’s ever won anything, possibly took Burnley up early in his tenure there but I’ll pass on him being the manager of Rangers thanks. Awful shout 

Scottish football hasn't evolved at all. 

If you think he would come in and play 11 men behind the ball I don't even know what to say.

4 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Name something then.

Just now, .Williamson. said:

Who are you talking about though? :lol:

Are you just making some ideal scenario manager up there and don’t actually have a name aye?

Neither here nor there, it’s a football forum discussing hypotheticals. Solid chance Gio doesn’t even get the boot this side of Xmas. Not apologising for being underwhelmed at folk offering up Sean Dyche. Who’s yours? 

1 minute ago, The Specky Liar said:

Scottish football hasn't evolved at all. 

If you think he would come in and play 11 men behind the ball I don't even know what to say.

The fact you think he wouldn’t play like that after Burnley did it year after year after year is staggering. 

Don't know if it's just me but I could not give a shit about attractive football. Much better to celebrate a league win at the end of the season than be entertained most weeks at Ibrox and win nothing.

In my life time the only times we have played really attractive football on a consistent basis was under Advocaat and Warburton. Give me 5 at the back Walter Smith 94-97 any day of the week over either of them.

The fact you think he wouldn’t play like that after Burnley did it year after year after year is staggering. 

The fact you can't see the difference between managing a team with Burnley's budget in the EPL and Rangers is one of the stupidest things I have ever read.

1 minute ago, The Specky Liar said:

The fact you can't see the difference between managing a team with Burnley's budget in the EPL and Rangers is one of the stupidest things I have ever read.

What does budget have to do with playing style? You can still be a good football team and not have the millions of Man City. Ridiculous comparison, there are teams in the SPL that currently play a better brand of football than us but don’t have anywhere near our budget 🤣

1 minute ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

What does budget have to do with playing style? You can still be a good football team and not have the millions of Man City. Ridiculous comparison, there are teams in the SPL that currently play a better brand of football than us but don’t have anywhere near our budget 🤣

May as well just get Warburton back in.

2 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

And they stayed up for the majority of it while teams that played 'football' like Huddersfield, Fulham, Norwich and Swansea came and went.

It's pretty clear he set his team up to maximise what he had at his disposal rather than doing it because that's what he believes in as a philosophy.

If that’s football you’re happy to watch every week mate then that’s a personal choice. It wouldn’t be my choice and I’m not sure how much of an attractive proposition it makes us for transfer targets either. 

10 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Neither here nor there, it’s a football forum discussing hypotheticals. Solid chance Gio doesn’t even get the boot this side of Xmas. Not apologising for being underwhelmed at folk offering up Sean Dyche. Who’s yours? 

I don’t think we will get rid of Gio any time soon, I just find it funny that you’ve shot peoples suggestion down and then offered no suggestion yourself but instead just posted an ideal scenario that most people would prefer.

You may aswell just say you’d like an endless supply of money from a new investor and Pep coming in as manager 

If that’s football you’re happy to watch every week mate then that’s a personal choice. It wouldn’t be my choice and I’m not sure how much of an attractive proposition it makes us for transfer targets either. 

I've said I don't think he would necessarily play that way if he was manager here. The circumstances are entirely different.

The football I'm happy to watch when I pay my ST at the start of the season is for us to win the league title. If we stuck Connor Goldson up front and lumped the ball onto his head every play I wouldn't give a fuck as long as we won the title.

9 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I've said I don't think he would necessarily play that way if he was manager here. The circumstances are entirely different.

The football I'm happy to watch when I pay my ST at the start of the season is for us to win the league title. If we stuck Connor Goldson up front and lumped the ball onto his head every play I wouldn't give a fuck as long as we won the title.

Exactly. Baffles me that people don’t think that results are all that matters

24 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Where about in the table are the teams in Scotland that play this exciting brand of football you refer to?

3 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

Where about in the table are the teams in Scotland that play this exciting brand of football you refer to?

Your argument is tragic. Fulham sit higher than Liverpool in the table, do you think they have a bigger budget? They still play great football. What about QPR compared to Norwich or St Mirren compared to Hearts. The two things aren’t mutually exclusive. 

4 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Possibly, but Rebrovs final season with Dynamo appears to have been a giant cluster fuck. They also seem to have went through a minging few years before his arrival but we're always much of a muchness with the spend of the other top clubs.

Like it or not, but celtic are fucking miles ahead of us in financial terms now.

We are miles ahead of everyone else, but far behind them.

I actually think we need to bring in a manager who has a bit of an underdog rep, such as Dyche.

Make us hard to beat and then from that foundation go on to win things.

Once we are CL regulars and we can match them on the financials, then we can look to go for an exciting coach.

So what you're saying is half a decade of shite football and then maybe we can get a bit of flair and excitement.

Depressing as fuck.