What's Needed For Next Season

Yeh we all want a big clear out. But it’s not possible in one window. Should have been done over the last few years. 

If we sign 4 quality starters. Don’t underestimate how much that can change a team. Imagine a good keeper, a Bassey. A prolific striker and a Rw or creative mid. 

We would be a totally different team if fitness is sorted and with players returning.

5 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

They cleared out and only kept 3 or 4 last season. Dont see how we are not capable of the same.

They kept Bain, Ralston, Julien, Taylor, Welsh, Bitton, Soro, Turnbull, Rogic, Johnstone, McGregor, Forrest and Ajeti

Do you think a turnover of 40 players is realistic?

4 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

Because it's not possible to have a turnover of 40 odd players in a single transfer window.

I'm not wanting like for like.

I'm wanting a clear out then 7 or 8 first team quality players in supplemented by youth or domestic players.

Having a squad of over 30 is fucking madness for scottish football.

7 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

We'll sign more than 3/4 but there's obviously going to be some who are cheap/punts/loans. 

Lets just say we sign 4 who come in and improve the team 'massively' as Beale puts it. On top of the 2 we just signed that's more than enough to transform a team. We've got Yilmaz and Lawrence to come back as well.

Hopefully Hagi gets back up to speed too. 

Just now, OrangeRab said:

Yeh we all want a big clear out. But it’s not possible in one window. Should have been done over the last few years. 

If we sign 4 quality starters. Don’t underestimate how much that can change a team. Imagine a good keeper, a Bassey. A prolific striker and a Rw or creative mid. 

We would be a totally different team if fitness is sorted and with players returning.

Along with the energy that Raskin and Cantwell bring 4 quality signings would see the team look significantly different

Just now, esquire8 said:

I'm wanting a clear out then 7 or 8 first team quality players in supplemented by youth or domestic players.

So you're wanting 20+ out with 8 brought in for a 50/60 game season? :lol: 

8 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

They’ve spent 50 million since Postecoglou has arrived. Obv a lot funded by player sales. But given we don’t have any players we can sell. And we will probably sign Tillman for 5.

At best we might hope for another 15 to spend? So on that logic you might expect a third of the first team quality players in.

Don’t get me wrong they had a fantastic first few windows. And we should be looking at similar markets. And more of these loan with option to buy signings.

Realistically the going average rate for a good first team player as you put it Is about 4 million. (Some cheaper some more expensive). But that’s about the average. So if you only have 15 to spend then you probably only expect to get 4 first team players back for it.

You can bring in all the players you want, players that are technically better than what we have but if we don't match our opponents work rate or you have players not tracking runners or picking up opponents in space such as Kamara on Mooy for celtic's first then it doesn't matter one jot who you sign.

2 minutes ago, Ted E Bayer said:

You can bring in all the players you want, players that are technically better than what we have but if we don't match our opponents work rate or you have players not tracking runners or picking up opponents in space such as Kamara on Mooy for celtic's first then it doesn't matter one jot who you sign.

True but that's why we need to be signing players with good leadership skills with a hunger for success. 

In - Full new front 3 plus another striker, at least 1 preferably 2 centre midfielders, new CB and a Goalkeeper. 

Out - McGregor, McLaughlin, Helander, Kamara, Lundstram 🤞🏻, Arfield, Davis, Sakala, Hagi, Matondo🤞🏻, Wright, Kent, Morelos, Roofe🤞🏻

only keeping Jack as a squad option on reduced wages due to the fact he’s Scottish trained. 

On 02/03/2023 at 13:52, Kylegib said:

Along with the energy that Raskin and Cantwell bring 4 quality signings would see the team look significantly different

Can add Yilmaz to that so potentially we could be looking at only keeping 4 “starters” from the start of this season as first picks. 

33 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Can add Yilmaz to that so potentially we could be looking at only keeping 4 “starters” from the start of this season as first picks. 

I think with the likes of Yilmaz and Lawrence we need to wait and see just how good they'll be, they did look like good additions prior to their injuries but I'd still like to see how good the can perform once they are given a prolonged run in the team. 

12 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

New keeper. Shite for the goal. Shaky most of the game. Could have easily given away a penalty.

What the fuck is Ferguson thinking saying we should sign him on for next season..

Same as Boyd, and McCoist when they were shouting for him to start and quiet when he was doing shite, all bigging up their pal