Morelos To Sevilla? - Ibrox Noise

Just now, Broxi said:

So even taking the most favourable way of counting his stats (from 6 years ago) he still does not have the record that the majority of people on here agree is the standard.

You know what his record is if you take his most most recent stats, over the last 2 seasons, even in all competitions? It's 1 goal in every 2.78 matches. 

In a season were players often play 40/50+ games a season, 20+goals every season is an unattainable standard.

8 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Prso had 35 goals in 116 games.

Don't recall him getting slated like Morelos..

Morelos only gets slated because a few select posters on here refuse to ever acknowledge valid criticisms against him, despite half of them even admitting they wouldn't give him a new deal or having him lead the line next season.

Me and @graeme_4 have praised and given Morelos credit when he's deserved it. I have literally never ever seen a few of the posters in the last few pages ever criticise a player who has been off-form for 3.5 years, yet are also the first posters to rip into other players for much less.

5 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I thought the discussion was around the merits of keeping Morelos / his potential move?

McGregor was class 6 years ago. 

And do you think that decision is purely made on recent form? Do you think Jack's  injury history should be considered when it comes to a new deal or just how fit he is now?

7 minutes ago, The Dude said:

In a season were players often play 40/50+ games a season, 20+goals every season is an unattainable standard.

It really isn’t. Especially the way we play. I’m a big fan of Morelos and the romantic in me wd like to keep him and see if we can get him back to his best. But his goal to time on pitch ratio the last few years isn’t exceptional. It’s basically at the lower end of the last 7-8 strikers from both sides of the old firm. 

I’d back someone of much less ability like Nisbet to bang in 20 goals for us if he was the main striker for us in a season. 

3 minutes ago, Broxi said:

No it's not

It really is.

5 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Morelos only gets slated because a few select posters on here refuse to ever acknowledge valid criticisms against him, despite half of them even admitting they wouldn't give him a new deal or having him lead the line next season.

Me and @graeme_4 have praised and given Morelos credit when he's deserved it. I have literally never ever seen a few of the posters in the last few pages ever criticise a player who has been off-form for 3.5 years, yet are also the first posters to rip into other players .

Why lie?

Just now, OrangeRab said:

It really isn’t. Especially the way we play. I’m a big fan of Morelos. But his goal to time on pitch ratio the last few years isn’t exceptional. It’s basically at the lower end of the last 7-8 strikers from both sides of the old firm. 

I’d back someone of much less ability like Nisbet to bang in 20 goals for us if he was the main striker for us in a season. 

Go back and tell me how many Rangers strikers have hit  20+ goals in successive seasons over the last 25 years.

Just now, Broxi said:

If you can find me a post that you've made which is more than saying he had a poor single game I'll happily accept I'm wrong 

If I can show a post where I criticise his form you'll admit you lied that he's been 'off-form for 3.5 years'?

11 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Me and @graeme_4 have praised and given Morelos credit when he's deserved it. 

Nobody has an issue with people giving Morelos criticism for his Old Firm record, his attitude, fitness etc

Its the ridiculous notion that hes not been good enough domestically, can't strike a dead ball, only goals vs the scum matter or the off form for 3.5 years that correctly get pulled up.

111 goal contributions don't occur in 3.5 seasons if you're 'off form'..

Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

Nobody has an issue with people giving Morelos criticism for his Old Firm record, his attitude, fitness etc

Its the ridiculous notion that hes not been good enough domestically, can't strike a dead ball, only goals vs the scum matter or the off form for 3.5 years that 'correctly' get pulled up.

111 goal contributions don't occur in 3.5 season if you're 'off form'..

All these posters have had an issue with exactly those things

And I stand by the rest

Last post on it today 

3 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Its the ridiculous notion that hes not been good enough domestically, can't strike a dead ball, only goals vs the scum matter or the off form for 3.5 years that correctly get pulled up.

111 goal contributions don't occur in 3.5 seasons if you're 'off form'..

Paragraph one is completely wrong mate. Loads on here won’t have a bad word said against him. In fact you’ll find folk countering each of those points saying we don’t need him to score to win OF games, there’s nothing wrong with his attitude and that he is fit and sharp. 

For para 2, I don’t think his domestic league return is anywhere good enough. His league return for the last 3 seasons is in the low teens, and he’s near the bottom of the list for recent OF strikers for goals per game.

He’s a polarising figure at the moment. 

15 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Go back and tell me how many Rangers strikers have hit  20+ goals in successive seasons over the last 25 years.

Goals per minutes is the best thing to look at. Take the variable of injuries and sub appearances etc out.

Domestically last few years he hasn’t been irreplaceable. Almost every OF striker has been as good or better. Roofe, Colak, Defoe, on par with Itten, Kyogo, Giomakkis, Griffiths, Edouard, Dembele etc

Don’t get me wrong he offers more off the ball than a Colak does. Europe he has been phenomenal for us and I genuinely believe if he’d been fit we wd have won the final.

But domestically I don’t think the Morelos of the last few years will be a big loss. His hold up play and dropping deep isn’t as effective as it is in Europe. And he is a worse finisher than a Colak or Roofe. And domestically we put a lot of balls in the box for our strikers to get on the end of. 

34 minutes ago, Broxi said:

No it's not

Never fun having to bring up the other side but since even as far back to the 07/08 season in the last 16 seasons they’ve had at least one player to score 20 goals in 11 of those seasons from what I can find (going off a quick check transfermarkt could be wrong?)

so 11 of 16 seasons they’ve had a 20+ goal scorer and a few close or to that in the same years or the few without, I would say it’s definitely possible to do in todays game.

9 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I think it’s the complete opposite tbh.

The posters, myself included, who have defended Alfie now admit that it is best for both Rangers and himself if he moves on. 

Those that have criticised him constantly now cannot admit that at £1million he’s  been a fantastic signing for the club.

Be wild not to. Don’t become our European top goalscorer for £1m without being great.

Biggest frustration is he could have / should have done more.