Ross Wilson Joins Nottingham Forest - Confirmed

Canabear

Just now, gogzy said:

It the first paragraph, all we both have is guesswork.

If we had sold either for pennies in the summer then fans would have went fucking mental. We were going for the champions league group stages.

Showing desire to sell is a great way to lose value on players.  There were no bids afaik. The rest is all ifs and buts.

Those players flopped at the first hurdle in getting us CL group stage football the season before, so I'm not convinced. Morelos didn't actually contribute to us getting there at all.

Their value was already depreciating, so in situation of diminishing returns we should have cut our losses. There would have been bids had we any desire to sell in the summer. For example, to Wilson's credit, he managed to move on Bacuna after a dreadful spell here, it defies logic to say that we couldn't have sold those two on off the back of their europa performances if we had wanted to - even if it's not for the transfer fees we would have hoped for in the past.

8 minutes ago, gogzy said:

Ok.  

All about opinions.  I think we need maybe 5 replacements in the first team.

We don't need,  or can we afford a complete rebuild IMO.

We've already brought in 2. Replacing 7 out of your starting 11 is a rebuild.

1 minute ago, AGM_72 said:

Those players flopped at the first hurdle in getting us CL group stage football the season before, so I'm not convinced. Morelos didn't actually contribute to us getting there at all.

Their value was already depreciating, so in situation of diminishing returns we should have cut our losses. There would have been bids had we any desire to sell in the summer. For example, to Wilson's credit, he managed to move on Bacuna after a dreadful spell here, it defies logic to say that we couldn't have sold those two on off the back of their europa performances if we had wanted to - even if it's not for the transfer fees we would have hoped for in the past.

Fair enough. 

Those players also helped us get to the position to even be in that competition in the first place.

Not all black and white, like I said.

Anyway there's no point in going round in circles.  We are going to have to agree to disagree.

1 minute ago, The Specky Non Liar - Sometimes said:

We've already brought in 2. Replacing 7 out of your starting 11 is a rebuild.

That's a sneaky way to word t. Those guys are already ours, so wouldn't be part of this rebuild that We need going forward.

But fair enough.

4 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Celtic sold Ajer, Christie and Eduoard with one year left on their deals and replaced them with Carter-Vickers, Jota and Giakoumakis.

That’s the type of “succession planning” and ruthlessness in the market that we could only have dreamt of under Wilson.

We let Goldson run his deal down so he could weigh up his options and we’ve allowed Kent and Morelos to do the same thing too.

The fact Giakoumakis has already been moved on and replaced after 18 months is another example of a properly functioning football department. 

2 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Sneaky :lol:

"We need a complete rebuild"

Nah, 5 players should cut it.

"Aha, we've already signed two, so that's seven,  that's a complete rebuild"

You pick a better word if you don't think sneaky fits.

3 minutes ago, AGM_72 said:

TBH I kinda agree, but I could also see both Borna and Yilmaz departing next season. :lol:

I think Borna would sign a new deal.  He seems to love it here.

Yilmaz,  he just need to get a run in the team to see if he will cut it.

As it stands barasic deserves to starting front of him.  Leagues done though so what harm could there be in playing him.

2 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

However oh looks fucking shite which is good 

They're not that far away and considering it's all down to one guy it can quickly go. We need a huge clear out and becoming leaner and meaner, that means not hanging onto players who clearly ain't good enough in hope they come good.

3 minutes ago, gogzy said:

We need upto 7 new starting 11 players and more for the bench. Alot more than 5.

3 minutes ago, gogzy said:

I think Borna would sign a new deal.  He seems to love it here.

Yilmaz,  he just need to get a run in the team to see if he will cut it.

As it stands barasic deserves to starting front of him.  Leagues done though so what harm could there be in playing him.

Borna would be one I'd look to move on, it's a bit stale. Don't think he deserves a new deal. 

I'd like to see more of Yilmaz but it has all the makings of a transfer that just doesn't work out.

5 minutes ago, gogzy said:

The rebuild is under beale ya daft spastic , he told us in january he would only be signing players for the long term 

3 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

That’s not including backups that need replaced either

4 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

We need upto 7 new starting 11 players and more for the bench. Alot more than 5.

Well we are fucked then because there's sinply no way that's going to happen.

Where do you think we are going to get anywhere close tobthe money needed to bring in that much quality, and also a bunch of squad players to boot?

It's just not happening IMO.

3 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

The rebuild is under beale ya daft spastic , he told us in january he would only be signing players for the long term 

So were just going to throw insults about now are we?

Go fuck yourself.