The confidence in Michael Beale

Smile

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

So its t's a negative / lack of credit as pressure was off rather than positive he got results from a squad full of players who'd already checked out or wouldn't try a fuck for Gio?

Some win stats though eh.

🤣🤣🤣

Its true though, we had one chance to close the gap in the league (even if ultimately it meant fuck all) outwith OF games, we shat the bed, two cup games against them, we shat the bed

But hey we pumped them in the split with nothing riding on the game at all, so alls good

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

I wouldnt answer much on what beale says because at times he lets his mouth run

You say there needs to be signs of growth and potential success, id argue that if we are 6-9 pts behind come xmas, then unless it is absolutely sheer bad luck (even then thats not a full blown excuse) beale and the team surely wont be showing growth and potential for success

Imo the budget difference between us and the tarriers isnt an excuse if we start fucking things up against teams we should be battering 

I actually dont think we will, unless beale is forced into using guys like barisic, kamara etc, getting rid of morelos and kent is a big step in the right direction

But if we are effectively out the league by xmas it will be hard to defend beale at all

So just ignore him clearly implying his direct opponent was advantaged due to his higher spending power, cos it doesnt fit your natrative?

If only Beale had said Postecoglou might be seen as lucky but in reality its all one big red herring 🤣🤣🤣

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Its true though, we had one chance to close the gap in the league (even if ultimately it meant fuck all) outwith OF games, we shat the bed, two cup games against them, we shat the bed

But hey we pumped them in the split with nothing riding on the game at all, so alls good

You almost wanted us to drop points by playing a team weaker than the one who won all the games. If he'd done as you wished and dropped points you'd be all over his win stats 🤣🤣🤣

Winning is everything only when it's the best on record and it's not everything . .

Tbh this isnt about gio, gerrard or beale really, its about the time we give any manager and at what stage we say "hold on this is a bit shite" 

As ive said before i think 6 months of their own ideas etc isnt enough, unless we have been honking from august to xmas then even if beale is behind them he should get time to tweak it and try sort it, especially if the tarriers are going almost unbeaten like last season 

18 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Context is everything, beale had a lot of players returning from injury and as we have seen before the same shitebags play much better when the pressure is off

The reason those players weren't available is because the previous manager didn't care about fitness.

12 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

I wouldnt answer much on what beale says because at times he lets his mouth run

You say there needs to be signs of growth and potential success, id argue that if we are 6-9 pts behind come xmas, then unless it is absolutely sheer bad luck (even then thats not a full blown excuse) beale and the team surely wont be showing growth and potential for success

Imo the budget difference between us and the tarriers isnt an excuse if we start fucking things up against teams we should be battering 

I actually dont think we will, unless beale is forced into using guys like barisic, kamara etc, getting rid of morelos and kent is a big step in the right direction

But if we are effectively out the league by xmas it will be hard to defend beale at all

But you must admit budget matters? If we had an extra 20 million to spend on some quality attackers you wouldn’t expect us to drop fewer points?

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

You almost wanted us to drop points by playing a team weaker than the one who won all the games. If he'd done as you wished and dropped points you'd be all over his win stats 🤣🤣🤣

Winning is everything only when it's the best on record and it's not everything . .

Bollocks, i wanted him to drop cunts like kent and morelos because they were part of the reason we were so shite, and the rest of the guys not going to be here

Win stats mean fuck all when its meaningless gio had a better win stat when he took over from gerrard than what gerrard had that season before he left, meant fuck all as we lost the league big time 

6 minutes ago, The Specky Non Liar - Sometimes said:

The reason those players weren't available is because the previous manager didn't care about fitness.

Surely your not putting goldson, lawerence, souttar, and even cloak down to pre season

Fitness levels looked way worse, but important players being crocked is just shit luck no? 

Both gio and beale played games with no proper centre halves due to injury, thats awful awful luck 

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Surely your not putting goldson, lawerence, souttar, and even cloak down to pre season

Fitness levels looked way worse, but important players being crocked is just shit luck no? 

Both gio and beale played games with no proper centre halves due to injury, thats awful awful luck 

Fitness definitely can come into it tbh  - but not sure any of those were specifically down to that.

3 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

I'm absolutely putting our injury record down to pre season and medical staff.

19 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Sure but you can’t just take one player as an example that disproves everything else. I think it’s widely accepted that more money buys better players on average. It’s not really debatable. Why would we even bother offering Beale a transfer budget if that wasn’t true.

But it can be spent well or poorly. I don’t think we spent particularly well last Summer. Another reason Gio and Wilson aren’t here

4 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Sure but you can’t just take one player as an example that disproves everything else. I think it’s widely accepted that more money buys better players on average. It’s not really debatable. Why would we even bother offering Beale a transfer budget if that wasn’t true.

But it can be spent well or poorly. I don’t think we spent particularly well last Summer. Another reason Gio and Wilson aren’t here

It REALLY is.

Top five signings in the Premier League last summer by cost

Antony - £82m
Casemiro - £70m
Wesley Fofana - £70m
Darwin Nunez - £64m
Richarlison - £60m

Haaland cost 52m, Lewandowski cost 45m,

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

It REALLY is.

Antony - £82m
Casemiro - £70m
Wesley Fofana - £70m
Darwin Nunez - £64m
Richarlison - £60m

Are you allowed to use Man Utd’s big signings in any argument?

6 minutes ago, The Dude said:

It REALLY is.

Antony - £82m
Casemiro - £70m
Wesley Fofana - £70m
Darwin Nunez - £64m
Richarlison - £60m

Key word being on average. Of course clubs will overpay for players. Equally clubs will find gems for less.

But if celtic weren’t allowed to buy players for over 5 million. And we were able to spend 20million+ a player. We would be favourites.

This is a ridiculous argument. Why the fuck would city, Madrid basically any top team bother spending money if it didn’t buy better players 😂

15 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

If colak, lawerence, ylimaz and even to an extent souttar and davies, they were all upgrades on what we sold or relegated to the bench

Fact is beale has said something along the lines of he'll have the biggest budget of any recent rangers manager, if that's the case then using budget as an excuse when it wasnt really used before, is a washout

If beale spends bigger than any recent manager and is 9pts behind them at xmas, using the budget difference between us and them is a cop out and just making excuses for failure imo

9 minutes ago, The Dude said:

It REALLY is.

Antony - £82m
Casemiro - £70m
Wesley Fofana - £70m
Darwin Nunez - £64m
Richarlison - £60m

Throw in pretty much every ‘big money’ signing Chelsea have made, Pepe at Arsenal, Coutinho/Dembele/Raphinha at Barca etc 

Just now, OrangeRab said:

Key word being on average. Of course clubs will overpay for players. Equally clubs will find gems for less.

But if celtic weren’t allowed to buy players for over 5 million. And we were able to spend 20million+ a player. We would be favourites.

This is a ridiculous argument. Why the fuck would city, Madrid basically any top team bother spending money if it didn’t buy better players 😂

The top five signings in the PL were all pretty shite.

I'm sure if I look back over previous years, there will be a similar trend where those at the top of the spending tree don't live up to the hype.

Our two most expensive signings ever - Flo and Kent - failed to deliver on their price tag. Big £ =/= quality signing.