The confidence in Michael Beale

Smile

I notice a lot of posters have an unwavering mindset that Beale is the right man To manage Rangers back to success.

What is it you see that gives you that confidence in him? How long does he get if he does not?

what does he need to win this year to keep him in a job?

A pretty pessimistic outlook before we kick a ball in anger.

We can only judge Beale on the team he assembles. Let's address this in November.

In the end, he has to win the league. 

The standards and expectations of a Rangers manager are extremely high. He knew what he was signing up for and I believe he thrives on it.

He has a very good reputation as a coach.

he knocked back the EPL to come to us, which is a rare quality.

He has so far shown a massive improvement in our domestic performances.

Im not setting any milestones for what he should win or what should see him sacked. Its not that easy.

Im happy to see him improving the team, and as long as I see us improving, ill be happy with him being in charge.

Ultimately the other lot have a much more proven manager who is about as good as anyone could possibly look to attract in Scotland. They have a treble winning squad to build on and a bigger budget than us.

Realistically Beale is not expected to win the league, he and we are big underdogs. Folk will come on and say 'but we are Rangers, we cant accept second' and its a good soundbite. Unfortunately, where we are, its the likely outcome no matter how staunch you want to be.

What we have to do is have a manager in place who is ready to pounce on any downturn in form, and keep up in the race of beating the rest.

Getting into the CL, or having a decent run in the europa, along with a good domestic record of consistently beating the other teams is the goal. Anything better than that would be magic.

Just now, bluenoz said:

A pretty pessimistic outlook before we kick a ball in anger.

We can only judge Beale on the team he assembles. Let's address this in November.

In the end, he has to win the league. 

The standards and expectations of a Rangers manager are extremely high. He knew what he was signing up for and I believe he thrives on it.

At least you answered some of the question asked.

Beale has had 20 odd games I thought someone would at least tell me what they have seen so far tactically or in the teams structure in games to convince them that he's the man for the job.

3 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

He has a very good reputation as a coach.

he knocked back the EPL to come to us, which is a rare quality.

He has so far shown a massive improvement in our domestic performances.

Im not setting any milestones for what he should win or what should see him sacked. Its not that easy.

Im happy to see him improving the team, and as long as I see us improving, ill be happy with him being in charge.

Ultimately the other lot have a much more proven manager who is about as good as anyone could possibly look to attract in Scotland. They have a treble winning squad to build on and a bigger budget than us.

Realistically Beale is not expected to win the league, he and we are big underdogs. Folk will come on and say 'but we are Rangers, we cant accept second' and its a good soundbite. Unfortunately, where we are, its the likely outcome no matter how staunch you want to be.

What we have to do is have a manager in place who is ready to pounce on any downturn in form, and keep up in the race of beating the rest.

Getting into the CL, or having a decent run in the europa, along with a good domestic record of consistently beating the other teams is the goal. Anything better than that would be magic.

Great answer. but I feel a lot of supporters will be expecting us to win the league even though Beale is going up against a very experienced manager in Rodgers with a hefty transfer budget.

Rodgers will have not come here without guaranteeing himself a big transfer budget.

Just now, Smile said:

Beale has had 20 odd games I thought someone would at least tell me what they have seen so far tactically or in the teams structure in games to convince them that he's the man for the job.

I get the feeling unless he won the league and possibly the African cup of Nations you wouldn't have been happy.

Fwiw I was never wanting Beale. However it's impossible to judge his 20 odd games with someone else's team coming in midway through a season whilst managing players who didn't want to be there as well as having a full treatment table of players.

When he did come in I think you started to see players improving. He also competed against them better than his predecessor. Equally I've seen things I don't like but I'll stand by the guy and look forward to seeing what he can do with his team.

6 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

I get the feeling unless he won the league and possibly the African cup of Nations you wouldn't have been happy.

Fwiw I was never wanting Beale. However it's impossible to judge his 20 odd games with someone else's team coming in midway through a season whilst managing players who didn't want to be there as well as having a full treatment table of players.

When he did come in I think you started to see players improving. He also competed against them better than his predecessor. Equally I've seen things I don't like but I'll stand by the guy and look forward to seeing what he can do with his team.

I just wanted to get different opinions to mine, I cant see why that seems to be such a challenge for some people.

It's a bit like countdown say what you see.

4 minutes ago, Smile said:

You wanted him sacked already.

You thrive on negativity around him.

You'll likely take the first / any opportunity from friendlies onwards to continue being negative.

You blame him for defeats in games you said the squad had chucked it.

You wanted him to play youths, I'm sure if we'd dropped more points as a result you wouldn't be negative towards him or use defeat stats against him. 🤣

Why don't you kick off by answering your own questions in the OP.....