We need to have a serious conversation about Tav

RangersMedia

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

So what you're saying is, our attacking players are shite and don't offer anywhere near enough?

No im saying beales tactics are shite, why ask fullbacks to do the job of attackers, attackers to do the job of centre mids and centre mids to do the job of fullbacks

Square pegs round holes

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Sounds like we'd need to heavily prioritise investment in our forward line then.

I'm a build from the back fan myself but your stats actually demonstrate why up front has been prioritised.

He prioritised up front then proceeded to continue with a system that focuses on the fullbacks

2 hours ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Trippier hits the majority at newcastle 

Chillwell and james take most at chelsea 

And do their padded out stats get used to justify poor tactical choices, which is the point here

How successful would our system look like if tav and borna never took one set piece? 

4 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

No im saying beales tactics are shite, why ask fullbacks to do the job of attackers, attackers to do the job of centre mids and centre mids to do the job of fullbacks

Square pegs round holes

He prioritised up front then proceeded to continue with a system that focuses on the fullbacks

He prioritised up front, goal keeper, midfield depth, and a utility player at the back. A fair bit of work done.  I'm sure he's aware CH, wide players and full backs also need addressed in the not too distant future but given your stats makes perfect sense.

Goals and assists starting to come from all forwards so likely less reliance on (our still contributing) fullbacks could be seen as a positive if you allowed it to be 👍

Screenshot_20230825_110838_Samsung Internet.jpg

8 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Square pegs round holes

Probably because he doesn't.

CM's dropping in to cover for full-backs is an entirely normal thing at every level of football across the planet. Would be stupid not to have someone fill the gaps when full-backs go forward otherwise you just leave yourself wide open to overloads on the counter. Other times, like in the PSV game, Raskin & Cifuentes would drop in to help Tav/Barisic double up on Lang/Dest or Bakayoko/Teze.

Our attackers don't do the job of centre mids. The closest it comes is Cantwell going between an 8 and a 10. The likes of Dessers aren't anywhere close to 'doing the job of CMs'

11 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

And do their padded out stats get used to justify poor tactical choices, which is the point here

How successful would our system look like if tav and borna never took one set piece? 

What would your auntie look like if she had baws?

22 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Yeah i wouldnt be against that tbh , and generally agree about strikers but we probably  didnt have 1 we could rely on until now 

Yes, I just think that the numbers game for strikers is more important than for a right back and it gives them more confidence if they are going through a wee dry spell.

46 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Who should take them then ? 

For me, Tav is on them until he misses. Then someone else gets their chance, probably Dessers until he misses and is off them.

We tried alternatives to Tav previously ie Morelos and never got better outcomes.

Forwards thrive on goals and as others have said, it can be good for their confidence to get a few pens added to their tallies.  Would have no issues strikers getting the opportunity.

You want more opportunity for goals, score a penalty, its a good pressure to be puting on players.

Tav like Barisic are asked to play a role they will struggle to do as they are both nearing the end of their career at us. Both have been great for us over the course of their contracts with ups and downs like all players.

If Beale wanted to play with our fullbacks pushing high up the field and getting up and down he would have had to sign two similar younger players in that mould.

I still struggle to see what Beale wants to play as he buys players for systems they cannot play or have never played.

1 minute ago, Smile said:

Tav like Barisic are asked to play a role they will struggle to do as they are both nearing the end of their career at us. Both have been great for us over the course of their contracts with ups and downs like all players.

If Beale wanted to play with our fullbacks pushing high up the field and getting up and down he would have had to sign two similar younger players in that mould.

Football is a simple game 

6 minutes ago, Smile said:

I still struggle to see what Beale wants to play as he buys players for systems they cannot play or have never played.

I’m convinced you don’t actually watch Rangers.

19 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

For me, Tav is on them until he misses. Then someone else gets their chance, probably Dessers until he misses and is off them.

We tried alternatives to Tav previously ie Morelos and never got better outcomes.

Forwards thrive on goals and as others have said, it can be good for their confidence to get a few pens added to their tallies.  Would have no issues strikers getting the opportunity.

You want more opportunity for goals, score a penalty, its a good pressure to be puting on players.

Yeah mate , actually was more meaning free kicks/corners with that 

3 hours ago, left winger said:

For someone who has been so good for our club, the number of folk who have continually had a downer on him is unreal.

He’s clearly past his best and we need to get a replacement sorted out at some point this season, but some are going to get a shock once he’s gone.

Yes, certainly deserves our respect the same did happen with McGregor at times as well you would thought he had never saved a shot in his life while at us with some comments.