Rangers to "majorly overhaul" scouting department.

Loyal72

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

I’ve met him twice. He was a dick both times. 

I met him on the train home from Newcastle years ago, sat with him and he openly told me he was down watching Karlan Grant.....he was sound enough with me and a couple of my mates but have also been told he has been a dick to other people 

On 09/09/2023 at 09:40, graeme_4 said:

Not really getting the dislike for Brown. Great guy. 

With bomber brown, It's not really about him personally, he seems a likeable enough guy if not particularly bright. 

He's a symbol of the rot that set in a long time ago with the club and wider culture. I don't know if it's complacency, or at belief in the "end of history", but we've gone from a position of dominance to some way behind second. 

It's the very fact he's been in and around the club for over a decade, both as a de facto lead of the 'revolt' against what was happening to us (eg wheres the deeds), then was silenced by putting him on the payroll as a scout with presumably no relevant experience. 

How did we get to the point where bomber fucking brown was a key figurehead during our toughest time, and why have we given him a relatively large sum of money over many years to make decisions on who we're signing off of the back of this? 

Did he really have any credentials as a scout? The only player I remember being mentioned was definitely his choice was Greg Docherty, a poor signing that barely kicked a ball for us. 

It was like with durrant too. He had career of ups and downs with us and I know we maybe wanted to see him right. We could've had him as a club ambassador, or chuck him a few quid here and there for turning up to events etc. But having him in charge of youth setup for so long when you only had to listen to him for five seconds to know he was way out his depth, why are we doing these things to ourselves? 

There's been something very wrong with our club with a long long time now. We have needed to modernise, and year after year it doesn't happen and we fall further behind. 

27 minutes ago, Gman36 said:

With bomber brown, It's not really about him personally, he seems a likeable enough guy if not particularly bright. 

He's a symbol of the rot that set in a long time ago with the club and wider culture. I don't know if it's complacency, or at belief in the "end of history", but we've gone from a position of dominance to some way behind second. 

It's the very fact he's been in and around the club for over a decade, both as a de facto lead of the 'revolt' against what was happening to us (eg wheres the deeds), then was silenced by putting him on the payroll as a scout with presumably no relevant experience

How did we get to the point where bomber fucking brown was a key figurehead during our toughest time, and why have we given him a relatively large sum of money over many years to make decisions on who we're signing off of the back of this? 

Did he really have any credentials as a scout? The only player I remember being mentioned was definitely his choice was Greg Docherty, a poor signing that barely kicked a ball for us. 

It was like with durrant too. He had career of ups and downs with us and I know we maybe wanted to see him right. We could've had him as a club ambassador, or chuck him a few quid here and there for turning up to events etc. But having him in charge of youth setup for so long when you only had to listen to him for five seconds to know he was way out his depth, why are we doing these things to ourselves? 

There's been something very wrong with our club with a long long time now. We have needed to modernise, and year after year it doesn't happen and we fall further behind. 

Used to scout for Walter. Sure it was him that identified Cuellar? Might be talking shite though…