Manager reaction: Sparta Prague UEL 26/10/23

Loyal72

Good summary of rhe match.

He mentions confidence several times. Something we were serverely lacking previously.

The players have obviously reacted well to his management style and tactics. 

We have witnessed an impressive turnaround within only two matches imo. 

Looking forwards to seeing Philippe get even more out of these players.

Tonight’s performance was exactly what we have missed for a while now. Players being absolutely desperate not to concede a goal and with a number of excellent blocks/tackles. 

A teams make up is usually made up in the form of a manager’s personality. And already it looks promising for Clement. 
Given a couple of transfer windows things could be looking good for us. 

Even though it’s very early, he seems to have got to grips with the mentality of the squad. Even though things weren’t going well in the 1st half they showed great determination to keep the ball out the net. Something we struggled with over the last year… giving away easy goals. 

I hope he can sort out our defending long throws though. As we look well dodgy with most of them 

In the match thread (I know, I know) the teams performance on Thursday, especially in the first half, got ripped to pieces by most.

Yet I found it strangely enjoyable as it was a throw back to some of the ‘backs to the wall’ type games we had under Smith where it was siege mentality stuff.

These types of games are exactly what can be built upon with the right manager in place, where character stands in for ability when you have a bad day at the office.

I loved seeing players making last ditched tackles and a keeper making save after save in quick succession.

We can’t, won’t and have never produced silky football in every game but we have to find ways not to lose.

Might have been a coincidence but Clement appears to have instilled spirit in a very short space of time.