graeme_4’s official Clement discussion thread

Just now, Jimfanciesthedude said:

To show just how bad a miss it was

The keeper saves it while still in the centre of the goals, if dessers headers it downwards the keeper wont get close to it 

Dessers being dessers actually headers it to where the keeper is

Screenshot_20240929-210710_X.thumb.jpg.55a5046896098155e0461404ea84ac14.jpgScreenshot_20240929-213111_X.thumb.jpg.f518caabb03f7d8cd46965e6fb25862e.jpg

There was still a huge amount of goal to hit. 

Listen to strikers on Motd etc and they're always on about heading it back across goal and keeper. Dessers was watching the flight of the ball not the keeper so it makes sense to go for the keepers right post. His header was just shite a too high and central though I also credit the keeper for doing well 

In the last 2 games he's missed 3 absolutely glaring opportunities to score, 2 of them not even on target. 

Aye, he'll probably get a goal against St Johnstone next weekend but he's just not reliable enough. 

4 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Never mind the stills. I'm refusing to believe that's anything other than an unbelievable save. And the keeper was going to his left as I remembered. 

Great movement by Dessers too to get there in the first place.

2 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Great movement by Dessers too to get there in the first place.

He's our best player and the hate he gets at times is fucking ridiculous. I wish he wasn't our best player but that's up to the rest of the team to chip in with some goals as well.

I said he was our best player a couple of months ago and got shot down. I asked who our best player was and the best reply was Sterling. Says it all and that's not a criticism of Sterling or any of the posters on here. It's more a reflection of where the squad as a whole is at the moment.

1 minute ago, Jamie0202 said:

He's our best player and the hate he gets at times is fucking ridiculous. I wish he wasn't our best player but that's up to the rest of the team to chip in with some goals as well.

I said he was our best player a couple of months ago and got shot down. I asked who our best player was and the best reply was Sterling. Says it all and that's not a criticism of Sterling or any of the posters on here. It's more a reflection of where the squad as a whole is at the moment.

Not sure I’d go as far to say best player mate, that’s a bit wild.

It’s Kasanwirjo.

14 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Best player or not its a shocking miss and if it had cost us points no one would be saying "ah well he went back across the keeper" they'd be fucking slaughtering him

7 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Me probably. 

Dessers wasn't our best player last season, hasn't been our best player this season, and isn't and never will be our best player.

Ding ding ding you've won a prize. Aye it was you mate. He is and it certainly isn't Sterling. Not saying he's amazing but nobody else is stepping up.

He is the sole player who if he doesn't play we're noticeably a worse team. I genuinely don't think it's even up for debate.

1 minute ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

Best player or not its a shocking miss and if it had cost us points no one would be saying "ah well he went back across the keeper" they'd be fucking slaughtering him

Different opinions mate but on the video I posted I think you have to credit the keeper. He's flying to his left and Dessers heads it to his right. If that was Butland nobody is talking about the striker missing. It was a world class save, no question.

7 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Ding ding ding you've won a prize. Aye it was you mate. He is and it certainly isn't Sterling. Not saying he's amazing but nobody else is stepping up.

He is the single player who we're noticeably a worse team if he doesn't play. I genuinely don't think it's even up for debate.

Who was it that scored today? Or on Thursday? (Dessers missed massive chances both games) Or Dundee United? Nobody else stepping up :lol: Lawrence has as many league goals, and better goals p90 in the league.

We were as poor with him today than without, and there wasn't a massive difference to our general performances either.

9 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Who was it that scored today? Or on Thursday? (Dessers missed massive chances both games) Or Dundee United? Nobody else stepping up :lol: Lawrence has as many league goals, and better goals p90 in the league.

We were as poor with him today than without, and there wasn't a massive difference to our general performances either.

The much criticised (overly IMO) Lawrence scored his 3rd goal of the season today. A fucking peach it was. Dessers is on 7 goals. Below them the next best is on 2 goals so aye nobody else is really stepping up. Obviously it isn't just about number of goals though.

Also we were infinitely better with Dessers on the pitch than not today. I'm not suggesting it was down to Dessers being on the park but it was all Hibs for the start of the 2nd half until we made some changes, one of which was obviously Dessers.

I'm not trying to have a go but when I asked you who our best player was 2 months ago you said Sterling. Who do you think it is now? Barron has been decent but it's close. Just say Dessers mate.

I don't think it was a good save at all, the keeper did well to get across his line but that's just standard every day training drills, the only place the keeper could make that save is the place Dessers put the header, right at him, anywhere else and it's a goal.

At the game, in real time with one look, i thought it was some save, watching the replays you just can't ignore how poor a finish it was.

1 hour ago, Jamie0202 said:

Bed time lad.

28 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

The much criticised (overly IMO) Lawrence scored his 3rd goal of the season today. A fucking peach it was. Dessers is on 7 goals. Below them the next best is on 2 goals so aye nobody else is really stepping up. Obviously it isn't just about number of goals though.

Also we were infinitely better with Dessers on the pitch than not today. I'm not suggesting it was down to Dessers being on the park but it was all Hibs for the start of the 2nd half until we made some changes, one of which was obviously Dessers.

I'm not trying to have a go but when I asked you who our best player was 2 months ago you said Sterling. Who do you think it is now? Barron has been decent but it's close. Just say Dessers mate.

Barron and Jefte have been better than Dessers.

We weren’t any better than the first half when he came on.

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

Barron and Jefte have been better than Dessers.

We weren’t any better than the first half when he came on.

We were better than the first half of the second half when he came on though.

I'll give you Barron. I like the look of him. He has a lot of effort and the footballing intelligence to play in the centre for us. Impressed me so far but would like a wee goal from him.

Jefte no. Not yet anyway but has potential.

Take our strongest team and allow any opposition manager to swap a player out for one on the bench and they would pick Dessers every single time. Again and consistently I'm not saying he's amazing but he's incredibly important to us. We're a far lesser team when he doesn't start.