Olympics 2024

There are plenty of women whose opinions matter in this subject - specifically the ones who aren't stating as fact things which they have no reason to even believe, nevermind know. 

Behave yourself. An opinion is an opinion. You are very entrenched on certain matters.

Just now, KaiserJon said:

There are plenty of women whose opinions matter in this subject - specifically the ones who aren't stating as fact things which they have no reason to even believe, nevermind know. 

Behave yourself. An opinion is an opinion. You are very entrenched on certain matters.

Fuck up jon nobody cares 

16 minutes ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

I have been reading many reports and listening to females in sport and boxers. Fact is they either did not appeal the test results to CAS or abandon them. The IOC could have tested all female boxers but chose to throw them and the questionable male fighters under the bus. What do they have to hide if they are normal women with hormones etc in the female range?

I don't know how many times it needs to be said that by the IBA's own claims, the tests simply showed, allegedly, that they have XY chromosomes, something you have conceded some women have. So why are you stating as fact what can only be supposition, that these are not among those women who have XY chromosomes? "Females in sport and boxers" know no more about these two cases than you or I or anybody else do. There's completely equal opportunities criticism of everyone who is full of shit here. You're full of shit, Sean Ingle is full of shit, and Ross Tucker is full of shit, because none of you know the crucial determining facts of these specific cases yet, but you've decided to frame the story as "cheating man batters woman".

I won't insult you as a woman by pretending I think it gives you a license to talk rubbish.

2 minutes ago, KaiserJon said:

Insightful as always.

Nothing to be insightful about on this topic jon.

The woman was determined female at birth by the people who delivered her into this world. Just because some nutters listen to a couple of podcasts saying otherwise doesn’t mean anyone should take their opinion serious 

7 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Nothing to be insightful about on this topic jon.

The woman was determined female at birth by the people who delivered her into this world. Just because some nutters listen to a couple of podcasts saying otherwise doesn’t mean anyone should take their opinion serious 

You do know that people with DSD can be born with malformed external genitalia and mistakenly assigned female yet they have no internal female reproductive organs rather they have testes. This does not become apparent until puberty. 

3 minutes ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

Of Course cause it does not affect men, they see nothing wrong. Until there are proper tests there will always be that doubt over those 2. It is Caster Semenya all over again. 

Nauseating 

4 minutes ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

Of Course cause it does not affect men, they see nothing wrong. Until there are proper tests there will always be that doubt over those 2. It is Caster Semenya all over again. 

The whole story blew up because of the mad sensationalist reporting of a male Guardian sportswriter obsessed with trans women, what are you talking about?

Among the few people sticking their neck out to defend Khelif are women who have actually fought her. Including, now, Carini.

3 minutes ago, JamieD said:

The whole story blew up because of the mad sensationalist reporting of a male Guardian sportswriter obsessed with trans women, what are.you talking about?

If they have nothing to hide they can do a cherk swab. The majority of female sportswomen want this back to protect their sports from those with unfair biological advantages. I do not expect you to understand the points being made by women though. 

6 minutes ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

You do know that people with DSD can be born with malformed external genitalia and mistakenly assigned female yet they have no internal female reproductive organs rather they have testes. This does not become apparent until puberty. 

That doesn’t make her a male. I find it pretty cringy you’ve listened to a couple of podcasts and are clearly throwing terms around you’ve picked up from them as if you’re an expert btw 

6 minutes ago, JamieD said:

The whole story blew up because of the mad sensationalist reporting of a male Guardian sportswriter obsessed with trans women, what are you talking about?

Among the few people sticking their neck out to defend Khelif are women who have actually fought her. Including, now, Carini.

And how much pressure was put on Carini? Was it done voluntarily? I do not condone the abuse of these 2 boxers but they could have answered the question by having the test.

Just now, .Williamson. said:

That doesn’t make her a male. I find it pretty cringy you’ve listened to a couple of podcasts and are clearly throwing terms around you’ve picked up from them as if you’re an expert btw 

I have actually read medical documents, case reports etc so do not presume where I did my research. You do know Semenya FATHERED 2 kids.

9 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Nauseating 

Just an unbelievably thick, bad faith attitude.

It's terrifying that someone who thinks that is tasked with representing people in court.

3 minutes ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

And how much pressure was put on Carini? Was it done voluntarily? I do not condone the abuse of these 2 boxers but they could have answered the question by habing the test.

I would have thought none, given the world was on her side and condemning Khelif.

I thought WBC featherweight champion Skye Nicolson made the point well, and she knows them:

"I’ve actually fought and sparred both of the girls. They were born female. They were born with an XY chromosome, which is the male chromosome, but they were born with female bodies, they have the physical attributes of a female.

"They have grown up as girls, as females, as women. They have competed as women the whole time. These are not naturally born men who have decided to call themselves women or identify as women to fight women in the Olympics.

“And while it is a bit of a grey area, I think the abuse and the power of the media, and people just jumping on the bandwagon without knowing all the details, is honestly horrible.

“These girls have represented their country on numerous occasions for many, many years now as female fighters, and they do not deserve this mistreatment. I think they have been so unfortunate to even be in the situation that they’re in and to get all this scrutiny as well"

Nicolson said that if it was so dangerous for women to be squaring off against Lin and Khelif, they would not have been routinely beaten by women throughout their careers and would be winning every event they entered.

"I feel like that says it all"

She also took aim at Carini, who has since offered Khelif an apology for her conduct and admitted she was merely “angry” because she had ended her run at the Olympics.

“I feel like the thing that happened with the Italian girl was a publicity stunt more than anything,” Nicolson said.

“I just think people really need to, like, look at the facts and stop jumping on the bandwagon."

1 minute ago, blaudrup said:

I thought WBC featherweight champion Skye Nicolson made the point well, and she knows them:

"I’ve actually fought and sparred both of the girls. They were born female. They were born with an XY chromosome, which is the male chromosome, but they were born with female bodies, they have the physical attributes of a female.

"They have grown up as girls, as females, as women. They have competed as women the whole time. These are not naturally born men who have decided to call themselves women or identify as women to fight women in the Olympics.

“And while it is a bit of a grey area, I think the abuse and the power of the media, and people just jumping on the bandwagon without knowing all the details, is honestly horrible.

“These girls have represented their country on numerous occasions for many, many years now as female fighters, and they do not deserve this mistreatment. I think they have been so unfortunate to even be in the situation that they’re in and to get all this scrutiny as well"

Nicolson said that if it was so dangerous for women to be squaring off against Lin and Khelif, they would not have been routinely beaten by women throughout their careers and would be winning every event they entered.

She also took aim at Carini, who has since offered Khelif an apology for her conduct and admitted she was merely “angry” because she had ended her run at the Olympics.

“I feel like the thing that happened with the Italian girl was a publicity stunt more than anything,” Nicolson said.

“I just think people really need to, like, look at the facts and stop jumping on the bandwagon."

Well, Nicolson would say that, as an obvious man. 

1 minute ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

I have actually read medical documents, case reports etc so do not presume where I did my research. You do know Semenya FATHERED 2 kids.

You’ve jumped on the bandwagon of podcasts and articles you’ve read online all pushing one view now you’re throwing names and terms about like you’re an expert. 

As usual throwing your men against women shite around despite the fact it’s mostly men trying to defend the woman involved 

1 minute ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

Now you are being childish. We can agreeably disagree because until I see evidence. Those 2 have question marks.

You think it's childish to point out that a trial lawyer shouldn't believe in guilty until proven innocent?

Wild.

2 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

You’ve jumped on the bandwagon of podcasts and articles you’ve read online all pushing one view now you’re throwing names and terms about like you’re an expert. 

As usual throwing your men against women shite around despite the fact it’s mostly men trying to defend the woman involved 

And it is a fair whack of female sportswomen asking the questions and wanting to protect their sports so women can compete fairly. I think they are entitled to ask those questions.

1 minute ago, JamieD said:

You think it's childish to point out that a trial lawyer shouldn't believe in guilty until proven innocent?

Wild.

I have made it clear until proof is seen those 2 have question marks. They could have done tests to answer the question and yet they did not. If I was in their shoes and had nothing to hide I would do the test. 

Interpret that how you will. I am pig sick of the mansplaining.

7 minutes ago, blaudrup said:

Definitely agree with the mistreatment comments and the belief that many news reporters have jumped the gun based on supposition on this story.

But heading down the 'it can't be that much of an advantage or else she would never have been beaten' is a slippery slope to head down for quite a few reasons.