Nations League 24/25

39 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

His ‘ambition’ going to Germany was four points.

Even admitting that should have earned him a sacking.

Defeat to Portugal will be five in a row, officially the worst run of results in our entire history.

Really wonder how bad it has to be before the arseholes at Hampden wake up.

It's such a negative outlook.

The "happy to be here" could have been spun into "we're going to have a go, and make history". 

I think there are still Scotland fans out there who back Clarke, which is a little worrying. 

In my opinion, we've got a very strong midfield, a weak defence and an inconsistent attack. I actually think Adams is decent, we just don't play to his strengths. 

We aren't getting anything from Portugal.

He's a horrible manager, although I have no idea where we look after that. Do we go progressive and look at a Kettlewell type of manager, or go tried and trusted and get McInnes or Moyes?

18 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

so getting to two in quick succession is a huge success, also he's the first manager to get us to two Euros

You need to take into account Scotland only got to Euro 2020 due to the extra places available via the Nations League.

No other Scotland manager had that luxury. Not to mention the Euros used to be 16 sides, not 24.

We can't overlook how much a disaster Euro 2020 was either when two matches were at Hampden.

Scotlands qualification campaign in 2008 was superior to Euro 2020, yet Clarke made the final tournament and McLeish didn't.

Euro 2024 qualifying was very good, but Scotand got fortunate with the draw.

4 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

You need to take into account Scotland only got to Euro 2020 due to the extra places available via the Nations League.

No other Scotland manager had that luxury. Not to mention the Euros used to be 16 sides, not 24.

We can't overlook how much a disaster Euro 2020 was either when two matches were at Hampden.

Scotlands qualification campaign in 2008 was superior to Euro 2020, yet Clarke made the final tournament and McLeish didn't.

Euro 2024 qualifying was very good, but Scotand got fortunate with the draw.

I'm no sure how fortunate we got, I think most people would've assumed Norway with Haaland and Odegard would've pumped us and finished comfortably second, I'd say if anything we were unlucky, that disallowed goal in Spain was extremely harsh, and just screaming for UEFA desperately looking for something rather than actually seeing something.

29 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

I'm no sure how fortunate we got, I think most people would've assumed Norway with Haaland and Odegard would've pumped us and finished comfortably second, I'd say if anything we were unlucky, that disallowed goal in Spain was extremely harsh, and just screaming for UEFA desperately looking for something rather than actually seeing something.

Norway are pretty average and have been for years. Neither of those two played in the return match.

The match in Norway being played in June also helped Scotland. Haaland had just played a CL final the week prior.

Was also one of those freak 2 minute spells that occur once in a bluemoon.

At the time of the draw it wasn't an easy group, but I don't think anybody expected Norway would pump Scotland. Georgia had a shocker in qualifying and Haaland missed games in qualification. In that sense Scotland were fortunate.

Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

Foden was always going to play on the left.

Only because of Saka, the cover was more than enough on the right with those three.

I don’t think he wanted to take Grealish because of the media clamour if he’s not playing. Whereas no cunt’s asking why’s Bowen or even at the time Gordon not playing.

1 hour ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Norway are pretty average and have been for years. Neither of those two played in the return match.

The match in Norway being played in June also helped Scotland. Haaland had just played a CL final the week prior.

Was also one of those freak 2 minute spells that occur once in a bluemoon.

At the time of the draw it wasn't an easy group, but I don't think anybody expected Norway would pump Scotland. Georgia had a shocker in qualifying and Haaland missed games in qualification. In that sense Scotland were fortunate.

The return match was a busted flush, we'd long qualified by then,  both of them played in the first game which if they won would've probably set them on the road to Qualification at our expense, and we beat them, in Norway...

Also it's highly disingenuous to state how average Norway had been without acknowledging we had been just as irrelevant, they have two genuine World class players in positions that really matter, they should be far better than us, but we're the ones who treated the group like everyone expected them to.

5 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Only because of Saka, the cover was more than enough on the right with those three.

I don’t think he wanted to take Grealish because of the media clamour if he’s not playing. Whereas no cunt’s asking why’s Bowen or even at the time Gordon not playing.

Grealish has never been a regular starter for England.

Had only started 9 competitive games prior to the Euros. 

Nobody would have expected him to start at the Euros.

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Grealish has never been a regular starter for England.

Had only started 9 competitive games prior to the Euros. 

Nobody would have expected him to start at the Euros.

Agree not expected to start and wasn’t meaning that, but to come on rather than just left on the bench.