JCD

nvager

I KNOW it is EARLY. He MAY be injured - then he should not be playing - BUT just like an other post said THE FIRST IMPRESSIONS ARE NOT GOOD.

Looks to me like he JCD will never score. I actually prefer Sebo.

THIS thread may start a wee argument hopefully! :pipehorse: :pipehorse:

I KNOW it is EARLY. He MAY be injured - then he should not be playing - BUT just like an other post said THE FIRST IMPRESSIONS ARE NOT GOOD.

I'd actually prefer to see Sebo, But because 1 of them is a PLG signing (Sebo) and the other is a Walter Smith signing (JCD) they both get treated differently.

JCD will be given all the time in the world, Despite failing to impress and some fans will make excuses for him and say he needs time.

and

Sebo gets hounded and slated if he fails to control the ball, only gets 15 mins and he has had his chance

Both players are no better than each other, So why the special treatment for JCD?!

I'd actually prefer to see Sebo, But because 1 of them is a PLG signing (Sebo) and the other is a Walter Smith signing (JCD) they both get treated differently.

JCD will be given all the time in the world, Despite failing to impress and some fans will make excuses for him and say he needs time.

and

Sebo gets hounded and slated if he fails to control the ball, only gets 15 mins and he has had his chance

Both players are no better than each other, So why the special treatment for JCD?!

JCD has had 3 or 4 games and Sebo has had a season. Sebo gets far from slated mate.

JCD has a european pedigree, has played in the champions league and we got him for free, sebo came out of nowhere, had a 1.8 million price tag, never lived up to said price tag, fair dos he runs around, people want him to do well, but sebo is an embarassment. i hope he never plays for the club again.

and

JCD has had 3 or 4 games and Sebo has had a season. Sebo gets far from slated mate.

A season? Where'd you get that from?

But the topic of the thread should be "Will JCD & Boyd score?", not just JCD.

This isn't a pop at you, nvager, but how can we expect a player to succeed when we are writing him off as a dud after 2 or 3 games ?

Give the guy a chance.

Niether player has had a fair crack of the whip in my opinion.

Sebo is given a 5 or 10 minute cameo, in the odd game, to shiow that he has the ability .... i bet no-one could show they have the ability in that time period over a few games.

JCD has been asked to play up front, on his own, with no support ... again, he works manfully but can't be running for a ball down the channels, put a cross in AND be on the end of it to score.

I would like to see both players be given a fair chance

and

Sebo signed last season, so he has been here for one season.

And its getting annoying you and a few others, constantly taking digs at Boyd. You know he'll score.

and

And its getting annoying you and a few others, constantly taking digs at Boyd. You know he'll score.

And we know JCD won't? Stick that crystal ball of yours on ebay and you'll be a millionaire.

and

And we know JCD won't? Stick that crystal ball of yours on ebay and you'll be a millionaire.

No, we don't but there is a bigger chance of Boyd scoring. JCD will aswell though IMO :)

Niether player has had a fair crack of the whip in my opinion.

Sebo is given a 5 or 10 minute cameo, in the odd game, to shiow that he has the ability .... i bet no-one could show they have the ability in that time period over a few games.

JCD has been asked to play up front, on his own, with no support ... again, he works manfully but can't be running for a ball down the channels, put a cross in AND be on the end of it to score.

I would like to see both players be given a fair chance

Agree with the above.

If JCD is not fully fit then we are doing the player, and the Club, no favours by perserving with him in this way. We've got off to a good start, but signing and using injured or unfit players -often at the expense of their long term fitness- was commonplace under Walter first tenure. If JCD is struggling for fitness then I hope he gets the rest he need and this practice is ended.

JCD did as well as could be expected last night but I think that role is tailor made for Sebo. Strange that after the Old Firm game last season he hardly featured. I'd have thought that a succession of 'meaningless' games would have been ideal for the guy, esp when most of our opponents were happy to put ten men behind the ball and Boyd's form was declining.

Well I prefer Cousin, Boyd, McCulloch, Gow, Novo, Buffel, Sebo to JCD.

Unfair - perhaps, but on seeing them play so far (Gow vs LA) that is my opinion.

I would love JCD to "come good" but can't see him scoring goals at all.

Well I prefer Cousin, Boyd, McCulloch, Gow, Novo, Buffel, Sebo to JCD.

Unfair - perhaps, but on seeing them play so far (Gow vs LA) that is my opinion.

I would love JCD to "come good" but can't see him scoring goals at all.

Slightly unfair, no ?

He still looks unfit and although he's built like a tank he looks that wee bit overweight. I thought he was supposed to be rapid quick, he looks slow and lazy at times. Still early days and he has been suffering from a wee niggle.

I'd still rather have JCD than Sebo.

He still looks unfit and although he's built like a tank he looks that wee bit overweight. I thought he was supposed to be rapid quick, he looks slow and lazy at times. Still early days and he has been suffering from a wee niggle.

I'd still rather have JCD than Sebo.

Says a lot that does!

If suffering from a niggle - rest him ( a few months may do the trick)

Maybe not a few months but a week or so. He just does not look fit, after one run he looks like he is going to keel over. Watch the vids on youtube, JCD looks fast and powerful as f*ck, totally different from this moment in time.

JCD has had 3 or 4 games and Sebo has had a season.

Sebo has started four SPL games. Hardly a season even with so many five minute cameos.

662 minutes in the SPL is more than enough time for Filip Sebo to make an impact in the SPL.

:craphead:

2 goals in 662 minutes..

at least its better than kenny millers :lol:

sebo has a record of 1 in 3 (90minute) games :lol:

nearly..

In 2 hours of football Sebo's scored 2 goals. That's if he was subbed off in that game he started. If he got the full 90 then it's 2 and a half hours.

-----------

Starts

-----------

15 July 07 | SV Lippstadt | Preseason | -- START -- | 1 goal

-----------

Sub Ons

-----------

21 July 07 | Falkirk | Preseason | 76th minute |

24 July 07 | Ajax | Preseason | 75th minute |

28 July 07 | Chelsea | Preseason | 62nd minute | 1 goal

31 July 07 | Zeta | CL | 83rd minute |

Sorry but Cousin refutes this theory straight off... in considerably less playing time he has shown he has the basics and could blossom into a decent signing for us. Also the coaching staff will not only have the competetive matches in which to assess the players ability, they have the training sessions too.

Sebo, does not look like a footballer. He looks completley out of place and as much as I enjoy his enthusiasm, unless he can come on to a game and soon then I think he should be finished with Rangers.

He may go on and prove his ability elsewhere but surely his time has run out at ibrox, its not just about scoring, he has poor touch, poor control, no composure. Will be delighted to be wrong,

Anyway the thread is about JCD and i think he has looked ok he has strength and runs at defences, I think he will play the lone striker role better than Kris Boyd.