Following on from Minstral's 'First they came'

*Manticore*

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chip, Chip, Chip.

Stop Orangemen from entering your stadium for their annual Church parade and it will go a long way in removing the stigma of you being a sectarian club.

We did it.

Sign a Roman Catholic ,a Scottish/Glaswegian one, and it will go a long way in removing the stigma of you being a sectarian club.

We did it.

Withdraw those Orange tops that were your clubs most successful ever seller, as we think they have sectarian overtones attached to them.

We did it.

Yes, but you have never has a Catholic captain in your side ever.

Step forward Lorenzo Amoruso

We did it.

Yes but you never, ever had a roman catholic on your board at anytime.

Bob Brannan.

We did it.

Yes, but that Simply the Best is sectarian, it'll have to go.

We did it.

Aye, you lot have never ever had a roman catholic manager...

Paul Le Guen.

We did it.

Yes, but you fly flags that are sectarian, like the Union flag.

You say We are the People which is sectarian.

You sing God Save The Queen which is sectarian.

The flag of your country sectarian?

Your display of cards depicting a Union flag and two saltires were akin to a Nuremberg rally.

My nations flag and my country's flag together are Nazi flags now?

I'll be reporting you to my mate Sepp Blatter for singing through the Champions league theme at the start of your matches.

It's an offence now is it?

Rangers players attacked in the street by vermin.

Rangers players homes and cars attacked by vermin.

No arrests.

Rangers players attacked at the Paedo Playground with lighters.

No arrests.

The waving of Union flags and the playing of the Dambusters song is ''Militaristic''

Is it really?In our own country?

Singing ''Rule Britannia'' is sectarian and offensive.

Written by a Scotsman and a song that is British?

If you drop ''Eff Tee Pee'' it will all end at that.

Will it?

You decide.

A post that must be repeated time and time again to remind the fans if things continue in the same vein soon there will be no Rangers supporters at all, as the bheggars sing in one of their cute little 'folk songs' ? Time to get the heads out the sand and draw a line in it enough is enough ! :sherlock:

Thats the problem BD some fans think this stuff is all a big joke, i had a talk with THEFISH (hard to belive but true) about this and i said the ball was rolling and im not sure how much of our club will be left when it stops. Something needs to be done the scum are walking all over us. :mad:

You and I know this is no joke, I have also spoken to THEFISH recently and as long as there are fans like us we will not be intimidated, these fcukers are gonna get theirs make no mistake my friend. :sherlock:

As a supporter who 'welcomes change' (and for clarity I DO mean dropping our unionist / protastant leanings). I am passionate about football and passionate about Rangers, my views on politics and religion are my own and IMHO have NOTHING to do with football so I tend NOT to discuss these as issues but I do discuss the fact sections of our support see their views on politics and religion as an essential part of following Rangers. I disagree (and we have sme fine 'discussions' on here about it.

Here is a list of things I think we need to drop. I don't care WHAT tim does but I do care what we do and some things DO embarrass me.

1. NO FTP - any place !

2. Drop BJK - it was fun the first couple of weeks in winding up Tim (and I am al for that) but its time has past - we are NOT on a moral crusade about it - it was OK as a wind up but its day has passed.

3. Famine's over - same as BJK - funny a couple of times but its time has passed (although the odd rendition at Parkhead could be funny) but again its a wind up song not a political position.

4. Rule Britannia - never sign it myself - decent song in context but when certain sections of our support sing it - especially with the 'salute' it does come across like we are a bunch of facsists (which we aint).

Politics and Religion - just take them out of Football - Rangers exsist as a Football Club - take out the religion and politics and we would still ghave the best club in the world - take out the football and we would have Sweet FA.

As a supporter who 'welcomes change' (and for clarity I DO mean dropping our unionist / protastant leanings). I am passionate about football and passionate about Rangers, my views on politics and religion are my own and IMHO have NOTHING to do with football so I tend NOT to discuss these as issues but I do discuss the fact sections of our support see their views on politics and religion as an essential part of following Rangers. I disagree (and we have sme fine 'discussions' on here about it.

Here is a list of things I think we need to drop. I don't care WHAT tim does but I do care what we do and some things DO embarrass me.

1. NO FTP - any place !

2. Drop BJK - it was fun the first couple of weeks in winding up Tim (and I am al for that) but its time has past - we are NOT on a moral crusade about it - it was OK as a wind up but its day has passed.

3. Famine's over - same as BJK - funny a couple of times but its time has passed (although the odd rendition at Parkhead could be funny) but again its a wind up song not a political position.

4. Rule Britannia - never sign it myself - decent song in context but when certain sections of our support sing it - especially with the 'salute' it does come across like we are a bunch of facsists (which we aint).

Politics and Religion - just take them out of Football - Rangers exsist as a Football Club - take out the religion and politics and we would still ghave the best club in the world - take out the football and we would have Sweet FA.

Your allowed a opinion and i was willing to listen untill i got to NO FTP any place, what people do away from the ground is none of your bussiness.

Did "they" not also insinuate that the red at the top of our socks was symbolic of being up to our knees in fenian blood? That one was fuckin priceless.

'They' certainly did.

In fact red and black are the traditional colours of the old Govan Burgh....

1. NO FTP - any place !

Your allowed a opinion and i was willing to listen untill i got to NO FTP any place, what people do away from the ground is none of your bussiness.

So we shouldn't take an interest in what the yobs did in Manchester city centre? If you want to shout "FTP" in your own living room that really is your business but what you do while among the Rangers support concerns all of us.

1. NO FTP - any place !

So we shouldn't take an interest in what the yobs did in Manchester city centre? If you want to shout "FTP" in your own living room that really is your business but what you do while among the Rangers support concerns all of us.

I think any place includes my living room, im not a fan of FTP but if people what to shout it away from the ground they should be allowed. Manchester is a diffrent argument and i have no intrest in what happened in Manchester city center as it had nothing to do with me, im not accountable for others actions.

1. NO FTP - any place !

I actually meant No FTP in any of our songs - but now you have made me think and I now think your interpritation of what I said IS correct - if you wear Rangers colours there should be NO FTP anywhere. I travelled from just outside Bolton on the train to Manchester after staying with a mate. The train was mixed - i.e. Rangers supporters and people just going about the business. The supporters were lively singingg a few songs - all good fun - until a few started FTP, "Lets get into the fienian C**ts", repeatedly - spoilt a good atmosphere cause many fans were embarrased as it just sounded wrong in that environment. When wearing 'our' colours I thin we also have a responsibility to our collective support to act in a decent manner. You can hold any view you want but if wearing Rangers Colours act responsibly and by that I now include no FTP - anywher!

1. NO FTP - any place !

I actually meant No FTP in any of our songs - but now you have made me think and I now think your interpritation of what I said IS correct - if you wear Rangers colours there should be NO FTP anywhere. I travelled from just outside Bolton on the train to Manchester after staying with a mate. The train was mixed - i.e. Rangers supporters and people just going about the business. The supporters were lively singingg a few songs - all good fun - until a few started FTP, "Lets get into the fienian C**ts", repeatedly - spoilt a good atmosphere cause many fans were embarrased as it just sounded wrong in that environment. When wearing 'our' colours I thin we also have a responsibility to our collective support to act in a decent manner. You can hold any view you want but if wearing Rangers Colours act responsibly and by that I now include no FTP - anywher!

Its a fair point in that situation but anywhere (sorry about the misunderstanding, seems we were on the same page anyway) is to much, the fans are intitled to sing there songs even if they are not to everyones liking.

1. NO FTP - any place !

Here we go again...