Webster - a great debut!

nvager

Webster was my man of the match.

Won every header, had a good understanding with Cuellar and capped his great debut performance with a goal

AGREED !!

same heer (tu) i think the anouncer just really likes big carlos tho as hes always motm at ibrox :lol:

TBH Nvager, I'm a little dissapointed, with respect, that 'just' because Andy had a steady game (not arguing with that) that you didn't suggest that we know now that Andy is very good back-up for David and Carlos instead of suggesting a back 3.

However, to contradict myself maybe, I do think that a back 3 of Webster Weir Carlos would be very good and to see Smith down the left and...well I would have said Hutton weeks ago but can't now as WhittAKER is here now!

I wouldn't go three at the back, but the question I would ask is this... Should Davie get back in the team ?

Webster was excellent today, long may it continue.

Webster was my MOTM today, I thought he did very well, fair enough it was Gretna, but he handled all that was thrown at him and got a goal too.

Encouraging to see though, that he is fit and looks like he has the ability to be the long term replacement for DW

EXACTLY - VERY ENCOURAGING INDEED.

Good performance for a player who hasnt played much football in the last 12months keeps it simple at the back and had a good understanding with Cuellar at the back. Very good in the air and it showed with his goal but for the goal the keeper fecked it up should of saved it tried to pull off a save for the camera's imo :blush:

I wouldn't go three at the back, but the question I would ask is this... Should Davie get back in the team ?

Webster was excellent today, long may it continue.

Andy was great today, no doubt, but I feel it's Davie's position to lose. DW has very rarely set a foot wrong since he started playing for us, so I feel he's more than earned his starting position.

yep i think it was the right choice of game to give DW a rest, and introduce Webster.... for someone who hasnt played 1st team footbal for god knows how long, this was the best time to introduce him - no offence to Gretna, but if Webster had been a bit wobbly, im sure big Carlos could have mopped up and helped Webster through.

Davie Weir is amazing, reads the game better than anyone but unfortunately at his age, the harsh reality is that this will be his last or 2nd last season. Webster needs to be introduced slow and steady to form a partnership with Cuellar like Davie Weir has.

Id keep Davie Weir in the squad for another couple years anyways, hes still doing a great job. I love the big man - hes solid!