Davie Robertson or Artur Numan?

Boab

Too hard to pick, so out of fairness I'll plump for Tony Vidmar

:lol:

I mind standing outside Ibrox getting tickets for the Parma game, and I said to the boy in front of me "Aye, that Tony Vidmar is a donkey", the boy said "Bet he scores against this mob."

"Shite", I replied.

Was pissing myself laughing when he hit the back of the net.

Numan without doubt.

He was genuinely a world class player player, played at three major tournaments and was captain in a PSV team that had players like Ronaldo, Cocu and Stam on their books.

Robertson, with all due respect, was a good player at SPL level, who struggled outside the SPL.

It's like trying to compare Boyd and Van Nistelrooy.

Disagree to an extent.

Robertson - while correctly a fine SPL player - also did reasonably OK in Europe. He was an ever-present in our CL run of 1992/93 and the only reason he didn't feature more often for Scotland was because he fell out with Craig Brown.

Numan's record for Rangers is actually pretty similar in terms of stats and competitions played although he won less trophies than Robertson.

DR was certainly an unsung player for us and I think it does him an injustice to suggest his contribution doesn't match Numan's - while at Rangers obviously.

anyone who says numan set the spl alight with his world class play needs to go back to 97 when he signed and watch ever rangers game he played in,apart from 1 or 2 i have and in no way was he a wolrd class player consistantly for us,fleeting glimpses of a world class player yes but most of the time was an accomplished right back,im going to stick my neck out here but i would say that huttons performance in the last 6 months for the gers and scotland are on a par if not better than anything numan produced in a rangers shirt :)

by no means am i saying numan wasnt world class,he was, just not when he came for his final swansong for 5 million quid :(

Both were quality left backs and would grace the current 11,

Robertson was a speed merchant and such a powerful runner up and down the line but he was prone to lapses in concentration and only due to his pace did he recover, he was also prone to poor clearances and from memory had a very poor right foot.

But for me it's Numan. The gazelle used to glide across the turf and looked truly majestic, totally world class and before he signed I reckon he would have been voted in the world cup 11 but alas in 1 game he was sent off. He was also the only LB that i can remember being so good that he would point to where he was gonna put the ball and look at McCann as if to say "the balls going there son, start running! he made McCann play and be more effective for the team and that says a lot for a fullback, the complete left sided player!!.

but both were rangers greats and were a joy to watch.